Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?

Discus and support Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So recently ive realised that every few minutes i keep getting signed out of my account. Ive googled it and seen youtube videos on it and ive seen that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MiaNef, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MiaNef
    MiaNef Guest

So recently ive realised that every few minutes i keep getting signed out of my account. Ive googled it and seen youtube videos on it and ive seen that people reset their xbox. I have been thinking of doing it too but im scared that all my games and progress
    will be gone. Ill list the games i have so you get an example of what i have, and if they get deleted my siblings wont be happy.

Slime rancher - microsoft store

sims 4 - disc

rocket league - disc

overwatch - disc

minecraft - redeemed with code

just cause 4 - disc

oh sir - microsoft store

gang beasts - microsoft store

these are the games i mainly play and im worried hard resetting will affect my progress in them in any way. Is there a way to get the ones i payed with from the microsoft store back? do i have to rebuy them? is this even a good idea?

:)

MiaNef, Nov 3, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there MiaNef,

Sorry to hear you have been running into this problem, If you have not done this go ahead and power cycle your Xbox One and your Router/Modem. Simply press down the power button on the console and unplug your network device, leave off for about 2 minutes
    then get your network back on and wait for it to be ready, then power on your console and try and connect.

Note: when resetting your console you have two different options (Keep Games & Apps or Remove Everything). If you choose to keep games and apps then your games are not deleted from the console. If you choose to remove everything then your games will be deleted
    from the console, if you choose this option you should still be able to reinstall your games from the disc or if you purchased through the Microsoft store then you should find your games under the Ready to Install list.

As far as your game saves go, as long as you are playing while your console is online then all those game saves are being stored on the cloud and should resync once you go to launch a game.

Below are helpful links for the information listed above.

Power Cycle Xbox One

Factory Resetting Xbox One

Installing Games on Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Anything you purchase is tied to your account and save data is stored on the cloud. So you won't lose anything by reseting.
  4. wiel jansen Win User

Your gamesaves are kept don’t worry , its uploaded in the cloud too
  5. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

When you say hard resetting, do you mean factory reset? A factory reset will uninstall the games, but you can easily download or install them again (without having to pay again). If you mean just holding the power button until the console is off, that
    won't do anything to the games installed on your xbox.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

A hard reset will not delete any of your games or apps. It basically just reboot the system and clear any cache that is on the console. Digital games is linked to the account that purchased them, not the console.
Thema:

1. Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset? - Similar Threads - games deleted forever

2. ***Idea*** Add an option to be able to delete the games in the "Installing" list. Currently...

in XboX Insiders
    ***Idea*** Add an option to be able to delete the games in the "Installing" list. Currently...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Deleting the game The two point hospital this does not disappear from the list of installed...

in XboX Insiders
    Deleting the game The two point hospital this does not disappear from the list of installed...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  4. Games deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games deleted: So I sat down tonight to play some metro exodus and I find that ALL of the games on my Xbox one have been deleted. I had astroneer, batman: arkam trilogy, cup head, doom, metro: exodus, monster...
  5. Will unadding and readding a child account delete your games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will unadding and readding a child account delete your games.: I would just like to know what happens if you delete and re-add a child account. 1fc9ed6b-e499-440b-a8a4-04c1ed1b47b8
  6. Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer: The subject says it all, I read the may update for windows was trash and deleted peoples files so i stopped all updates until mid june then i accidentally updated , 3 days later I notice whenever...
  7. Deleted game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted game clips: Hello I hope you see this. But I made an xbox clip and I looked through them and I deleted the wrong clips and it was a very good clip and I was wondering if you could retrieve all my clips from...
  8. Single player games cannot load/sync, and their game data has been deleted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Single player games cannot load/sync, and their game data has been deleted.: Is anybody else having problems loading single player games? Mine begin syncing before the main menu and then do nothing else.. It just continues to say 'syncing...Skyrim'. I cannot actually...
  9. Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features": Hello, I am sure I a got a pretty unusual problem for you. Because I ran out of space I bought a new SSD. I also bought an external controller for it, so I can connect the SSD temporarily to the...
  10. Deleting Xbox 360 Cloud Save Game data on Xbox One so new game can be started

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting Xbox 360 Cloud Save Game data on Xbox One so new game can be started: Hi! So I have an Xbox One, and I just purchased Portal 2 online in the store. It runs through the backwards compatibility Xbox 360 screen and so when I log-in the only option is to select Cloud...