Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?

Discus and support Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So recently ive realised that every few minutes i keep getting signed out of my account. Ive googled it and seen youtube videos on it and ive seen that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MiaNef, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MiaNef
    MiaNef Guest

So recently ive realised that every few minutes i keep getting signed out of my account. Ive googled it and seen youtube videos on it and ive seen that people reset their xbox. I have been thinking of doing it too but im scared that all my games and progress
    will be gone. Ill list the games i have so you get an example of what i have, and if they get deleted my siblings wont be happy.

Slime rancher - microsoft store

sims 4 - disc

rocket league - disc

overwatch - disc

minecraft - redeemed with code

just cause 4 - disc

oh sir - microsoft store

gang beasts - microsoft store

these are the games i mainly play and im worried hard resetting will affect my progress in them in any way. Is there a way to get the ones i payed with from the microsoft store back? do i have to rebuy them? is this even a good idea?

:)

MiaNef, Nov 3, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there MiaNef,

Sorry to hear you have been running into this problem, If you have not done this go ahead and power cycle your Xbox One and your Router/Modem. Simply press down the power button on the console and unplug your network device, leave off for about 2 minutes
    then get your network back on and wait for it to be ready, then power on your console and try and connect.

Note: when resetting your console you have two different options (Keep Games & Apps or Remove Everything). If you choose to keep games and apps then your games are not deleted from the console. If you choose to remove everything then your games will be deleted
    from the console, if you choose this option you should still be able to reinstall your games from the disc or if you purchased through the Microsoft store then you should find your games under the Ready to Install list.

As far as your game saves go, as long as you are playing while your console is online then all those game saves are being stored on the cloud and should resync once you go to launch a game.

Below are helpful links for the information listed above.

Power Cycle Xbox One

Factory Resetting Xbox One

Installing Games on Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Anything you purchase is tied to your account and save data is stored on the cloud. So you won't lose anything by reseting.
  4. wiel jansen Win User

Your gamesaves are kept don’t worry , its uploaded in the cloud too
  5. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

When you say hard resetting, do you mean factory reset? A factory reset will uninstall the games, but you can easily download or install them again (without having to pay again). If you mean just holding the power button until the console is off, that
    won't do anything to the games installed on your xbox.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

A hard reset will not delete any of your games or apps. It basically just reboot the system and clear any cache that is on the console. Digital games is linked to the account that purchased them, not the console.
Thema:

1. Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset? - Similar Threads - games deleted forever

2. My Xbox one deleted my entire Modern Warfare game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one deleted my entire Modern Warfare game...: Went to play last night, and there was an update file for COD, 2.5gig. it was frozen so I paused it, and above the file I pressed clear all, with the intention of removing the frozen download and...
  3. Xbox constantly deleting downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox constantly deleting downloaded games: I'm having a repeat issue where my xbox one randomly uninstalled games. At first it was one or two, but this last week I've lost 13 games. This is becoming an issue as my slow internet makes...
  4. Deleting Xbox Games Pass Games. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

in XBoX on Windows
    Deleting Xbox Games Pass Games. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder": I understand that I can't access Xbox Games Pass (BETA) game file folders because I don't own the license to these games, however, I can't seem to delete games downloaded from this app from my SSD...
  5. I deleted my Minecraft game and now i lost all my worlds

in XBoX on Windows
    I deleted my Minecraft game and now i lost all my worlds: I recently uninstalled Minecraft then reinstalled it. Before I uninstalled it, I made sure that my worlds were saved, but I when I try to restore my worlds, I can't find them anywhere. I tried...
  6. Game clips deleted and missing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game clips deleted and missing.: So about 1-2 weeks ago i had these 3 game clips on my xbox one, I recorded them on October 13th and last viewed them 2 weeks ago, as I just stated. They are missing and were somehow automatically...
  7. Modern Warfare 2 days to download (then deleted game because I tried to cancel todays...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Modern Warfare 2 days to download (then deleted game because I tried to cancel todays...: It took me 2 days to download Modern Warfare on my crappy rural area broadband speed only to accidentally delete the game by trying to cancel todays update as it was stuck at 170mb out of 3gb....
  8. I have the same 0x80830003 error on every single game even though I deleted most of my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have the same 0x80830003 error on every single game even though I deleted most of my...: Its been a while since I've played Xbox, but I came back to it this week with a major problem. Apparently, on all of my games I've been getting the same 0x80830003 error for everything. I deleted...
  9. Deleted game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted game: Hi.i bought farcry 5 almost a year ago.i deleted it and removed it from my ready to install list.i want to play it again but now i need to pay again.is there a way to redownload it or do i need to...
  10. how do you delete data on online games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do you delete data on online games: how do you delete data on online games, since I needed help for Fortnite cause I don't know the email nor the password so I a trying to do it from my Xbox One. If you have any ideas of helping,...