Do we need Xbox live to play minecraft?

Discus and support Do we need Xbox live to play minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good Evening All. My son has minecraft on a disc & has been playing on it without any issue. However, as he tried to play this evening, it is asking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShapedGrain3700, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Do we need Xbox live to play minecraft?

Good Evening All.

My son has minecraft on a disc & has been playing on it without any issue. However, as he tried to play this evening, it is asking him to subscribe to Xbox live to continue play. Do we need to do this? He has been quite happy playing without the need to
    go live. I have changed the settings to offline but it didn't solve the issue. Any advice gratefully received!!

:)

ShapedGrain3700, Jul 17, 2019
  2. XshinokatyX Win User

Yep , You need a gold subscirption , to play minecraft Online , Single Player is without Gold

:)
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi ShapedGrain3700,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this question. Minecraft itself may be played in an offline capacity without the need to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription; however, if your son wishes to utilize the following aspects of game play
    within Minecraft, he then would need a subscription:

• Realms
    • Connecting to servers
    • Cross-platform play

For local multiplayer gaming, you don’t need an Xbox Live Gold subscription. For a bit more information, I recommend checking out our

Minecraft FAQ page
    as well.

I hope that this information helps you out!
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Hey,

If you want play only Single player mode, so you don't need Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.

But if you want play multiplayer, you will need Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.

On every multiplayer mode in every game, you need Gold subscription.
  5. Calissedemardedetaba Win User

Xbox Play Anywhere Without Xbox?

Good to know!

But do we need an Xbox Live account to play against people on Xbox One or to buy/play the Play Anywhere games?

You're talking about a Microsoft account, but this one is free right?
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Fortnite

Hello, We are XBOX over here. So no we will not be doing anything that Playstation has going on!!!! Fortnite since day one has been free-to-play which makes the game FREE with some in app purchases only if you want them. You need to have Xbox live in order
    to play the game. Pretty much even if it wasnt fortnite you still need Xbox Live to play most of the games offered.
Thema:

1. Do we need Xbox live to play minecraft? - Similar Threads - need live play

2. Do i need xbox live gold to play Fortnite battle Royale?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need xbox live gold to play Fortnite battle Royale?: Do i need xbox live gold to play Fortnite battle Royale? 868ee045-582c-4166-9684-951abdd384a7
  3. Fortnite needs to be free to play without LIVE on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite needs to be free to play without LIVE on xbox one: How is it fair that my brother can play Fortnite for free on the nintendo switch while i have to pay for LIVE for my xbox one? I am a casual gamer and don't like these pay to play schemes. It...
  4. Do i need Xbox Live Gold to play Cross-Platform?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need Xbox Live Gold to play Cross-Platform?: I want to get Deep Rock Galactic on the Windows Store for my PC, so that i can play on my PC with that licence, and my wife can play logged in on our Xbox One with the Xbox licence, we can...
  5. Fortnite free to play need Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite free to play need Xbox live: Why does fortnight says free to play if i need xbox live 77fae529-d43f-4c62-9c2c-f6552d68fd49
  6. Can't play Fornite.... tells me I need Xbox live, but my subscription doesn't expire until ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play Fornite.... tells me I need Xbox live, but my subscription doesn't expire until ...: Pretty frustrated... My son is unable to play his game because it says I need xbox live to play fortnite.. our xbox live account does not expire until 2020.... we can see his friends online...
  7. Why does one need Xbox Live Gold to play a Beta?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does one need Xbox Live Gold to play a Beta?: Free on PC Free on PlayStation I don't know if Microsoft know this, but Xbox is a joke in the gaming world, and i just left it myself. No games i can't get on PC with no service to play online....
  8. Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...: Split from this thread. its true it must be free . you can play free for every platform but not on xbox ? nice i should my xbox too 99e299a1-8654-4567-bc97-03fd90cf8a97
  9. Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...: I think that fortnite should be free to play online. Like not every games but some EXCEPTIONS. Cmmon Microsoft. Are you not already rich? If its like that id better sell my xbox and buy a ps4. But...
  10. I’m on xbox live but says that I need to buy subscription again when I try to play ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m on xbox live but says that I need to buy subscription again when I try to play ...: so I bought a 12 month Xbox live subscription. When I login it gives me the Xbox live main menu but when I try to play multiplayer it say that I need to buy Xbox live again....