Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

Discus and support Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After speaking with a Microsoft virtual agent, they said a username I wanted was claimed by an inactive account. It would make my day if inactive gamer... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/-CanadianGoose-, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

After speaking with a Microsoft virtual agent, they said a username I wanted was claimed by an inactive account. It would make my day if inactive gamer tags would be freed up to people who would use them. It's not even a big request because they have done it in the past! Upvote if there is a username taken by an inactive account that you want!
    submitted by /u/-CanadianGoose-
    [link] [comments]

/u/-CanadianGoose-, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag from inactive account

Once a gamertag is acquired MS will not release the gamertag until that account has been completely inactive with anything to do with MS not just the xbox for 5 years from the last date that it was used. Keep in mind even if it may seem like a gamertag
    is inactive on the xbox console that does not mean that the MS account associated with that gamertag is not being used in something else associated with MS.
    Microsoft have recently updated their terms and it is now 2 years of inactivity and they will shut down the account.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Gamertag from inactive account

Once a gamertag is acquired MS will not release the gamertag until that account has been completely inactive with anything to do with MS not just the xbox for 5 years from the last date that it was used. Keep in mind even if it may seem like a gamertag
    is inactive on the xbox console that does not mean that the MS account associated with that gamertag is not being used in something else associated with MS.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

XBOX Live GamerTag inactive

Adding to this, just because it is inactive on Xbox, does not mean that the Microsoft account is inactive. As long as they keep using the account, then the gamertag will stay attached.

An account has to be inactive for two years now, before the account is closed.
  5. Meisun-56AD3CE1-2EEA Win User

Xbox Live Gamertags

Maybe they will do another inactive account sweep and free up more gamertags around the release of the next xbox?
  6. MajorIris Win User

Inactive gamertag wanted!

inactive accounts have a long life span, don't hold your breath for it anytime soon.
Thema:

Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

1. Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon? - Similar Threads - Administrators plan prune

2. I can't install any games with administrator approval required for installation

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install any games with administrator approval required for installation: When i try to install for example The Outer Worlds I keep getting error 0x80040154. Gears 5 - error 0x00000001. Shadow of War which doesnt have the administrator approval required for installation...
  3. authorazation approval/administrator approval for Xbox on Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    authorazation approval/administrator approval for Xbox on Windows: I want to install a game through the beta app but it keeps on prompting for an administrator approval. Appreciate the help in advance. Happy Sunday/Saturday to all....
  4. I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...: Hello everyone, I've just applied for the xbox game pass for pc ( bêta ) and like so man,y gamers, I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on the...
  5. Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change: When my son received his new Xbox one, I did not realize I could set up a family account and I set him up as an an administrator (adult) using my Microsoft account that was set up just for the...
  6. Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval: I have the latest versions of Windows and of Xbox for PC (beta). I tried almost every possible solution I found (except a fresh re-installation of windows 10) but to no avail. It seems to have...
  7. cannot download games that require administrator permission (from store and xbox pc app)

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot download games that require administrator permission (from store and xbox pc app): I tried to run the xbox app as administrator but I keep getting the 0x80040154 error. Microsoft store same problem, it says "try again later something happened at our end". I have already reset...
  8. Xbox for Windows PC Game Pass. Games wont install. Administrator issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox for Windows PC Game Pass. Games wont install. Administrator issues: From what i can tell this is a common issue. I am unable to install certain games on the xbox gamepass due to admin issues. I have done all the troubleshooting i know how to such as reinstalling,...
  9. Game Pass for PC - Administrator Approval Required for Installation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass for PC - Administrator Approval Required for Installation?: I recently signed up for Game Pass on PC. I've run into issues with some of the games on the App. The first more prevalent one is only on games that have "Administrator Approval Required for...
  10. Error code: 0x80070005 pc gamepass when trying to download games requiring administrator...

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code: 0x80070005 pc gamepass when trying to download games requiring administrator...: I tried both on xbox (beta) and microsoft store to download gamepass games. Keep getting the 0x80070005. Weirdly enough the error only happens for games that requiring administrator approval...