Do you own this game or app error

Discus and support Do you own this game or app error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; ok so I am getting this error with most of the free games from gamerpass I have (Minecraft, State of Decay 2, and Shadows of War. just to name a few) I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ArbiterofLight, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Do you own this game or app error

ok so I am getting this error with most of the free games from gamerpass I have (Minecraft, State of Decay 2, and Shadows of War. just to name a few) I used the support option of "talk with a Xbox Gamer"
    think it would help. unfortunately it both did and did not. the best answer I got to my problem was from a Pam A. with the following

"Hi I'm Pam! Fellow Xbox gamer.

It seems that a lot of players are having this kind of issue. Rest assured that this has been reported already and they're already looking into it. Just please bear with us until this issue has been fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience."

so about 2 or 3 minutes ago I did the call back option and explained that this only seems to effect the games that are free from gamer pass. all the other games that I either bought or have disc for don't have this issue.
    the following response does not make me think they are looking it to this issue at
    all. I will summarize this as it was on the phone and i am going off my memory nothing is written down.

Basically the empoyee/agent told me that I "will have to contact the games developer for assisstence as gamer pass is a subscription"

someone explain to me why someone else would sale that Xbox is looking into this and then i person from Xbox says i have to contact the Games developers.

I have on two seprate occassions with sate of decay been attack by multiple horde + 2 Juggernuaghts and the this [mod removed] happens i get back to the game just 2 find that most if not all of my survivors are
    dead.

the problem is that it does this for a few weeks then it stops for like a month or 2 then starts up again. i think it also did it on Battlefront 2.

I hope that Xbox is working on this because i just upgraded to the Ultimate Gamer pass version i think it is called, and this issue is just causing massive problems.

anyone else getting this [mod removed] to happen to them?

:)

ArbiterofLight, Jul 18, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi ArbiterofLight,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. As you're receiving that particular error message when attempting to play some of the games via Xbox Game Pass, it may worth requesting an additional call back from Xbox Support to have them
    troubleshoot your subscription to see if it is being recognized correctly. Please bear in mind that the Game Pass line up does change frequently as well: Xbox Game Pass Games.

The subscription to Game Pass gives you a temporary license to play the games while they are available on the service, so there should be no need to contact the game developers directly, but it would be best to get the subscription reviewed to see
    if they may determine what is keeping you from being able to play the titles.

• Scroll down, Click on
      Contact Us

• Step 2 : Select a Category, then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue/Topic
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Call me back or chat with Xbox Support

If you do not see the selection that you wish to use for contact, then switch topics until it becomes available.

Give this a try and let us know the results. I hope this helps out.
  3. ArbiterofLight Win User

Is this Game Pass for PC? If so, are you signed into the computer with the Microsoft Account that has the Game Pass subscription? I would recommend checking that, and what profile is signed into the Xbox (Beta) app as well as the Xbox Console Companion
    app. Check those and let us know if they are the account that reflect that you have Game Pass Subscription. You can also check that everything with your subscription is good at your
    Microsoft Account page for that account.

Let us know the results and we'll see what the next best troubleshooting steps are.
    No it's for my xbox 1 console
  4. ArbiterofLight Win User

With game pass you can play the games included as long as you have game pass and as long as the games are including in game pass. If you cancel or the games are removed, you will no longer have access to the games unless you buy them. You can buy
    the games at a discount while subscribed to game pass.
    ok then since it does not happen to any of the game I bought at full price or at a store or at a discounted price I am forced to buy them, considering it only is happening to games from gamer pass I got free as stated in my original post. the call back solution
    as a complete bust because after the troubleshooting failed I was told what I said in the original post that I need to contact the developers so I am probably going to cancel the game pass and just get games at full price as this is happening to every game
    pass game I get for free thank you all
  5. Smwutches Win User

With game pass you can play the games included as long as you have game pass and as long as the games are including in game pass. If you cancel or the games are removed, you will no longer have access to the games unless you buy them. You can buy the games
    at a discount while subscribed to game pass.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Arbiter,

On the Xbox console, go to settings>account>subscriptions. Make sure you see game pass for console active. There are two different game pass subscriptions, one for PC and one for console. It may be possible you purchased the PC one. If you do see the correct
    one, then request a call from support as mentioned above.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Do you own this game or app error - Similar Threads - own game app

2. EA Access "Do you own this game or app"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Access "Do you own this game or app": I bought EA Access because I wanted to try the 10 hour trial for Madden 20 but everytime I try to launch it I get the same message "do you own this game or app". Ive tried reinstalling the game...
  3. Far Cry: New Dawn - "Do you own this game or app?" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far Cry: New Dawn - "Do you own this game or app?" error: Hi! Last week I bought Far Cry: New Dawn via online market, everything was fine until today I get this error when I started the game: "Do you own this game or app?..." I tried other games but...
  4. Redemeed and Installed Ace Combat 6 - Do you own this game or app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redemeed and Installed Ace Combat 6 - Do you own this game or app?: Hi, I'm reposting this as it seems this needs to be another topic entirely from the 'other' issues with Ace Combat 6. Here goes: I pre-ordered Ace Combat 7 Deluxe Edition and got my download...
  5. do you own this game or app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do you own this game or app?: had my brothers profile set as home on my xbox for a while and was playing black ops 4 on it as he had it digitally downloaded. I then removed his profile from my xbox and i brought the game on...
  6. "do you own this game or app" troubleshooting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "do you own this game or app" troubleshooting: I have a disc for gta v I insert it and it will say "getting your game ready" and directly after it says "do you own this game or app" fyi my disc is clean and has no scratches only has a very...
  7. Do you own this App or Game? (Crash) No Man's Sky

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you own this App or Game? (Crash) No Man's Sky: After about an hour or game play I get asked this question...and then it crashes the game. d7bbce56-4e29-47e4-a00d-3cf6c8f8f044
  8. EA Access trial - "Do you own this game or app?"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Access trial - "Do you own this game or app?": So I've got an issue with EA Access. I'm trying to play the FIFA 19 trial (haven't played any hours yet) yet it says "Do you own this game or app" Ive reinstalled it multiple times, removed my...
  9. Do you own this game or app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you own this game or app?: I have constantly tried to launch my fifa 18 application but I keep getting the message "Do you own this game or app?" and I have tried every single solution on the support website but I'm still...
  10. "Do you own this game or app?"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Do you own this game or app?": Hey, all. My mum recently moved out, and bought a new Xbox One S for her new house. I have GTA 5 on a disc at my dad's house, and I play it all the time, however I don't have the disc at my mum's....