Does a console that is repaired out of warranty have a warrenty period after repair?

Discus and support Does a console that is repaired out of warranty have a warrenty period after repair? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; First of all, shame on Microsoft for charging me $250 and sending me no invoice detailing anything that is being done with the console. It came with a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cjw81, May 19, 2020.

1. cjw81
    cjw81 Guest

Does a console that is repaired out of warranty have a warrenty period after repair?

First of all, shame on Microsoft for charging me $250 and sending me no invoice detailing anything that is being done with the console. It came with a form letter they stick in with every console and the back of it says it was serviced. What did I get for
    $250? Nobody knows, the letter indicates it was tested and reset to factory defaults.

With that being said, it was out of warranty when it was repaired. Does it at least have some sort of warranty now, maybe 90 days or something? It of course says that nowhere and I cannot find any real details on the Microsoft website.

:)

cjw81, May 19, 2020
  2. cjw81 Win User

Thank you XBF Chris J and SWAGBROADLEAF
    for confirming the console has 90 days of warranty. Will this eventually show up on the website? I just got the console today so it hasn't transmitted to the website yet that I received it, but on the account dashboard it still shows it out of warranty.

Thanks again.
  3. SWAGBROADLEAF Win User

Yes it has a 90 day warranty
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there cjw81,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We don't have any info as to when/if it will be displayed on the site. Warranty policies might vary depending on region.

Thanks for reading!
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello cjw81,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Whenever you get your console back from repair, you will have your remaining warranty time left in tact. if this time is below 3 months, Microsoft will bump the warranty time up to 90 days. This is true even
    if you are out of warranty. So, you should have 90 days warranty on starting the day you received it back,

Hope this helps!
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Why is this console [REMOVED]

Hi, contact support again please, the E64 error indicates a repair is required. If you only had the console back from repair for two weeks and this happens I would imagine it would be a free repair as all official repairs carry a 90 day warranty.

-

What is my warranty after my console is serviced?

We provide a post-service warranty for serviced consoles. The length of the warranty depends on whether the service was in-warranty or out-of-warranty as follows:

•In-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console was serviced within the original warranty period (free repair), you receive either the balance of your original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer.

•Out-of-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console was serviced out of the original warranty period (paid repair), your serviced console will have a 90-day warranty.
Thema:

1. Does a console that is repaired out of warranty have a warrenty period after repair? - Similar Threads - Does console repaired

2. Does Xbox send a new console for replacement or do they send a used one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox send a new console for replacement or do they send a used one?: I am sending in my Xbox One S for service and it is out of warranty and it says that I will be getting a replacement Xbox One S, so will the replacement be a new Xbox One s or a used one?...
  3. How does my console know it's "all access"

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does my console know it's "all access": So i got a series x on launch, i did this with XBOX ALL ACCESS. I already had gamepass ultimate, so my question is, what happens to the original gamepass ultimate payment, do i cancel it, how does...
  4. Does Minecraft insider Enrollment Effect All Consoles?

in XboX Insiders
    Does Minecraft insider Enrollment Effect All Consoles?: I'd like to enroll one of my household Xbox One consoles in the Minecraft Beta program. I've read through the FAQs, and it isn't clear to me whether or not doing so would push the beta to ALL of...
  5. Does Microsoft give reward points for the new XBOX X/S consoles?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does Microsoft give reward points for the new XBOX X/S consoles?: Just asking as it seems to be for most other things... a67e6d2d-2532-4e4c-9916-abaa6412e9bb
  6. What does the future of the Insider Program for the next gen consoles look like

in XboX Insiders
    What does the future of the Insider Program for the next gen consoles look like: As the title suggests, I wonder how things will go on with the Insider Program and other programs on the Next Gen. Will I be able to register for Series X directly in the Alpha Ring? How does...
  7. Removing credit cards from the console does not work.

in XboX Insiders
    Removing credit cards from the console does not work.: I'm gonna try unenrolling from the beta update preview and ill see submitted by /u/comedypurgatory [link] [comments]
  8. xbox console companion when streaming screen does not display

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion when streaming screen does not display: this is what is wrong can anyone help [img] fc1d9525-30c1-432f-b3b2-66e89cefd9ed
  9. Console in guarantee repair does not turn on anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console in guarantee repair does not turn on anymore.: It's been a few days since my console arrived from repairing service, the original problem was a turning off issue due to fan malfunction. When the console arrived it made no sound and did not...
  10. Does anyone know where I can take to repair Original Xbox console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know where I can take to repair Original Xbox console?: Does anyone know where or how to repair my original xbox console? I want to try playing some of my original xbox games. But it says it won't read disc. It's been a long time, that I've use my...