Does a USB Bluetooth dongle work with an Xbox?

Discus and support Does a USB Bluetooth dongle work with an Xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im getting some Bluetooth headphones soon and since Xbox doesn't support Bluetooth i wanted to know if a Bluetooth dongle would work to connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Noname901, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Noname901
    Noname901 Guest

Im getting some Bluetooth headphones soon and since Xbox doesn't support Bluetooth i wanted to know if a Bluetooth dongle would work to connect headphones.

:)

Noname901, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Dolobill Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

Driver rollback works for USB or Wifi dongle but not Bluetooth.
  3. LeeTheENTP Win User

Xbox One Chatpad not working on Windows 10

UPDATE: After forcing a firmware update even though the firmware is up to date, the Chatpad now works when connected over USB or the USB wireless controller dongle. It still does not work over Bluetooth, however.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

If it's an "off the shelf" Bluetooth dongle, then no.

In order to work, an USB device needs specific drivers, so the computer or console knows which kind of data is coming in through the USB Port.

Since you can't install additional drivers on a Xbox console, you'll have to live with those drivers that come with the console, and that is without a basic Bluetooth stack.

So no, you can't simply plug in a Bluetooth dongle hoping the headset will work.

You will need specific Xbox Licensed headsets to work wireless on the Xbox One. Or simply get a standard 3.5mm headset and connect that to your wireless controller.

Or get a wireless headset that has it's own wireless base station that connects to the physical audio output of the Xbox One (i.e. optical TOSLINK), and gets power through the USB Port. But currently, no audio is put out via USB. Then the headset's base
    station transmits the sound via it's own proprietary wireless protocol, or if the Base Station supports it, Bluetooth.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

headphones yes but microphones headphones are a big iffy subject
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

I think only supported bluetooth dongles that are pre paired to a headset might work. sort of like the PDP afterglow AG 9+ headset.
    Yes, I use the AG9+ and can confirm this.
Thema:

1. Does a USB Bluetooth dongle work with an Xbox? - Similar Threads - Does USB Bluetooth

2. Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?: I am devastated. I bought a razer kraken rgb kitty edition usb headset thinking it would work on the xbox since it has usb ports and I've had a usb headset before and it worked just fine. Now I...
  3. xbox elite 2手柄使用usb线连接电脑时内置电池会进行充电吗? [Translate] Does the built-in battery charge my...

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox elite 2手柄使用usb线连接电脑时内置电池会进行充电吗? [Translate] Does the built-in battery charge my...: 请帮忙回答: 1. 内置电 没电后可以使用附带的usb线连接PC继续玩吗? 2. 使用usb线连接PC后电 会进行 电吗? 如果会,那么边玩边 电影响电 寿命吗? 感谢帮助! [Translate] Please help answer: 1. Can I continue to play with the included usb cable connection PC...
  4. Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?: Wireless controls for Xbox 360 are quite expensive on official stores, and i unfortunately do't know if the Xbox 360 Slim has a slot (At the front or back panel) for regular Xbox 360 wired...
  5. Win10 Does Not Recognize Xbox One S Control by USB Cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Does Not Recognize Xbox One S Control by USB Cable: When I plugged the xbox one S controller into the pc through the usb, the control vibrates but win10 does not recognize it. My windows is original and it's all up to date. If you press the X...
  6. Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage: I configured by 32 gb drive and it was full WHAT HAPPENED??? 97eee52b-8628-4158-b6ef-505f25722417
  7. Does Xbox One X finally support USB headsets and HDMI-CEC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One X finally support USB headsets and HDMI-CEC?: Hello As the title reads, are we finally getting support for USB headsets and HDMI-CEC, or is it better to just buy PS4 Pro? There really is no excuse for missing either, or the console is...
  8. my wireless control of the xbox one does not connect nor by cable usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wireless control of the xbox one does not connect nor by cable usb: my wireless control of the xbox one does not connect nor by cable usb I already looked if it was the battery but put in another control and it was. This happened when I was updating the control....
  9. Does anyone know how to connect an xbox one controller to a pc via usb?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to connect an xbox one controller to a pc via usb?: I only have a micro usb wire and every time I plug it in my tower, the controller vibrates, but not response on computer or controller otherwise. I've tried hitting the sync button and even...
  10. Mi PC no detecta el cable USB del mando xbox one [My PC does not detect the xbox one USB cable]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mi PC no detecta el cable USB del mando xbox one [My PC does not detect the xbox one USB cable]: Hola, tengo un problema con mi cable del mando de XBOX ONE , y es que mi PC no detecta el cable, lo único que hace el mando al momento de conectarlo a la PC es vibrar y de esa parte no pasa, pero...