does clicking the "Buy to own" button on Minecraft in the Microsoft store gives you a full...

Discus and support does clicking the "Buy to own" button on Minecraft in the Microsoft store gives you a full... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am trying to buy minecraft java with a microsoft giftcard so I went to the store and found Minecraft. There was an install button and a buy to own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HeyaItzRiya, May 12, 2021.

1. HeyaItzRiya
    HeyaItzRiya Guest

does clicking the "Buy to own" button on Minecraft in the Microsoft store gives you a full...

I am trying to buy minecraft java with a microsoft giftcard so I went to the store and found Minecraft. There was an install button and a buy to own button. Does buy to own, using a microsoft gift card give you minecraft java edition? (I didn't really know what topic to put this as so sorry if the topic was wrong.)

:)

HeyaItzRiya, May 12, 2021
  2. RainingRoses Win User

does clicking the "Buy to own" button on Minecraft in the Microsoft store gives you a full Java Edition minecraft account?

Hi Riya,

Yes - once you purchase Minecraft: Java edition, you’ll receive a game account.

Keep in mind though, Minecraft: Java edition can’t be purchased through the Microsoft store (Microsoft.com or Xbox console) and so you won’t be able to use a Microsoft/Xbox gift card to purchase the game (both physical and digital gift card codes). Microsoft gift cards will also only work, and apply to purchases on the Microsoft store (can’t be redeemed elsewhere). Only Minecraft for Windows 10, Minecraft for Xbox (bedrock editions), and Minecraft Dungeons can be purchased through the Microsoft store.

Refer to:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360035131351-Where-Can-I-Buy-Minecraft-Java-Edition-

Where it states -

Where Can I Buy Minecraft: Java Edition? - Minecraft for PC/Mac/Linux:

You can buy Minecraft Java Edition from Minecraft.net for $26.95 USD or local currency equivalent. You can learn more about pricing here. This is a one time purchase. You can buy an account for yourself, or buy a code to give away. Gift codes may not be available in all areas.

This edition isn’t to be confused with the Minecraft for Windows 10 version from the Microsoft store.

Note: Worlds/saves from the Java PC/Mac version of Minecraft are not compatible with the Minecraft on Windows 10. Free trial on Windows 10 includes 90 minutes of gameplay. 145.9 MB download.

If the game gives you a “install now” option on the Microsoft store then you don’t necessarily need to purchase it, as it’s ready to install and free to play on your account. It usually means you either own the game through a subscription, such as Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold, or you have a free game trial (or demo). If you select the “install now” option, you should be able to remotely install the game to any compatible devices on your account.

There are different Minecraft versions for different devices, which all have variations in terms of cross-play, DLC’s and add-ons, other features etc. Your game saves and progress aren’t connected across devices for all versions too. This is explained with the different versions, and which devices they’re compatible with here:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034753992-Different-Minecraft-Editions

If you have further questions,

contact Mojang Support (submit a ticket with as much information as possible and they’ll reply by email).

You can also reach out to them on Twitter @MojangSupport

Hope this helps! :)
  3. Deltron Zroh Win User

Minecraft windows 10: Starter Edition, STUCK IN TRIAL PLEASE HELP

1. Open Microsoft store

2. Go to your library

3. Click Minecraft Windows 10

4. Click the three dot button next to the blue play button

5. Click on install on my devices

6. Select your computer and after a few seconds it will finish

7. Click Play and the full version of the game should be unlocked
  4. fIreChuckEr 8D Win User

Purchased content from iPad won’t save to Microsoft account so I can use on Xbox

That is NOT what the prompt says, it says "Save purchases to a Microsoft Account", with a button that says "Save to Microsoft Account". No where is it mentioned that they are 2 different products, and you cannot save your purchases. Clicking "Save to Microsoft
    Account" does nothing, other than sign you into your Microsoft Account.

The Full text:

"Do you want to play with whatever you buy from any Minecraft Store enabled system? Sign in with a FREE Microsoft account and sync your purchased Skins, Textures, Maps, and Mash-ups to use and play in Minecraft!

If you lose your system or uninstall Minecraft, your purchases will still be synced and accessible on any system when you use your Microsoft account."

Please DO NOT respond if you are unsure or do not know the answer.
  5. RhythmicParty97 Win User

What happens if I unenroll the Minecraft Beta Program on Xbox One?

When you go to the store page for Minecraft, does it show that you own the game?
    It says "Buy to Own"
  6. Ishan8123 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10: Move from Beta (90 min free) to Unlocking Full Game

Hi, could you try searching for "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition" using the Store App in your Windows 10 PC.

Since you own the game, you should be able to download it from there without buying again.

If it says installed, try unistalling and reinstalling the game again. If the install button pops up, do install it.

If the download/install button does not pop up in the store or you are not getting the full game make sure you have logged into the right account.

If these suggestions do not work, please feel free to come back!
Thema:

1. does clicking the "Buy to own" button on Minecraft in the Microsoft store gives you a full... - Similar Threads - does clicking Buy

2. Clicking Sign In on Xbox Game Bar W10 does nothing...

in XboX Insiders
    Clicking Sign In on Xbox Game Bar W10 does nothing...: Trying to set up my son's PC and link his Xbox profile with the Game Bar. Clicking Sign in on Social or Account Settings does absolutely nothing. No options to sign in popup. Disabled all...
  3. Accepting game invites and clicking "join game" does nothing

in XBoX on Windows
    Accepting game invites and clicking "join game" does nothing: I have been playing Sea of Thieves on my Windows 10 PC for a week or two now without issue. I play the game via the Xbox game pass and have installed it via the Microsoft store. The issue started...
  4. Power button does not click on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power button does not click on Xbox One: A friend pushed the power button several times pretty quickly in a row. Now the Xbox One doesn’t turn on and the power button doesnt click when we push it. Can it be fixed?...
  5. On PC Xbox beta app whenever I click the sign-in button It does nothing

in XBoX on Windows
    On PC Xbox beta app whenever I click the sign-in button It does nothing: On PC Xbox beta app whenever I click the sign-in button It does nothing, no pop up login window or no redirection to a log in page. The app won't let me download new games or play online games, I...
  6. Received an acceptance email for xCloud iOS, when clicking the link in email it does not...

in XboX Insiders
    Received an acceptance email for xCloud iOS, when clicking the link in email it does not...: Hello, registered for the beta earlier today and got an email saying I was in. When I click the link in my email it redirects me to the xbox website with instructions to download the app for...
  7. Xbox Game Bar sign in button does nothing when I click it

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar sign in button does nothing when I click it: I am trying to sign into Xbox Game Bar but when I click on the sign in button either in my settings > account or via the social beta tab nothing happens, as though I didn't click it at all. I had...
  8. click heroes does not access my profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    click heroes does not access my profile: I open the game, choose my xbox profile to start and the game results in an error message. When I choose another profile, it comes in normally. "There was an error! Please check your internet...
  9. A clicking noise comes from my Xbox One consola. It does not start even trying any Startup ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A clicking noise comes from my Xbox One consola. It does not start even trying any Startup ...: Hi everybody. A clicking noise comes from my Xbox One consola ==> It does not start even trying any Startup Troubleshooter option, I mean after any option (restarting, reseting or even offline...
  10. The LB button of my Xbox One controller does not click anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    The LB button of my Xbox One controller does not click anymore: Hi, The LB button of my Xbox One controller does not click anymore. I got to smash it hard to make it click. It's very annoying. I would like my device to be fixed or replaced. I bought it on...