Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?

Discus and support Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CKCJamie, Nov 10, 2019.

1. /u/CKCJamie
    /u/CKCJamie Guest

/u/CKCJamie, Nov 10, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

My wifi doesn't work

Does your wifi work with all other devices other than the Xbox?

If you think there's something wrong with the Wifi card in your console, then you can easily check it by enabling hotspot on your phone, and then use that hotspot as wifi on your console.
  4. yobrizo Win User

playing purchased downloaded games offline

Hello. if the console is in main mode, you don't need to connect to the internet. if you are in secondary mode if you need to logged in and be connected to the internet. a possible solution to this second scenario is to create a wifi network with the mobile
    phone and use the phone data
  5. juan van Win User

Xbox Doesnt Always Connect To Home Wifi...?

I have the same router but have no problems connecting 7 devices. How far is the console from the router? How many bars does the console wifi have? Is the console surrounded by anything?
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox one app for Android phone

Also it should connect automatically to your console as long as you have it set to Connect to your console under the Settings on the app. And make sure that both your phone and the console are on the same WiFi. This is how it will automatically recognize
    it and connect, if that's what you'd like to do. :)
Thema:

1. Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming? - Similar Threads - Does console phone

2. Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?

in XboX Insiders
    Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?: submitted by /u/Hacccystanley [link] [comments]
  3. How much data does an hour of xcloud and console streaming use does anyone know?

in XboX Insiders
    How much data does an hour of xcloud and console streaming use does anyone know?: submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments]
  4. Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?: submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  5. Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference: Hi I guess I am having a rather unique problem. Microsoft Support wasn't able to solve it earlier. I have redeemed a CAD $25 XBOX gift card to my Microsoft account that I use on my xBox 360...
  6. Console não abre jogos ou crasha quando os abre [Console does not open games or crashes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console não abre jogos ou crasha quando os abre [Console does not open games or crashes...: Olá! Eu tenho o Xbox One S, e tenho tido problemas com o console de travamentos no sistema/engasgos, além de jogos que não abrem ou quando abrem crasham em segundos. Eu abro qualquer jogo e...
  7. Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?: This had came to mind after the invites went out for the alpha skip ahead and the task was to submit a report and I got the message it will be uploaded in the background. Does this mean it needs...
  8. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  9. my xbox console does not share image with the TV to which it is connected and turns off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox console does not share image with the TV to which it is connected and turns off...: What happens is that out of nowhere when I want to turn on my Xbox to play, what happens is that the console turns on, but nothing is seen on the screen, it just says that there is no signal, and...
  10. It does not work on the console text chat and phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    It does not work on the console text chat and phone: I saw the problem a week ago. when I try to send a message writes to me: "Message not sent". the console displays the message: "Check your account", as well as a link to a fix-messaging. if I send...