Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?

Discus and support Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CKCJamie, Nov 10, 2019.

1. /u/CKCJamie
    /u/CKCJamie Guest

/u/CKCJamie, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Jayhab4real Win User

Cannot load web page to authenticate on college wifi

The MAC spoofing function is there specifically for this problem; you sign in to the WiFi on another device, a phone for example, then once authenticated, enter the MAC from the phone on the console. The WiFi then thinks that the consoke is the phone.
    You will likely encounter issues if the phone and console attempt to be connected to tge WiFi at the same time. So use a device that doesn't need wifi too often!
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.
  4. FreakRoach Win User

My wifi doesn't work

Does your wifi work with all other devices other than the Xbox?

If you think there's something wrong with the Wifi card in your console, then you can easily check it by enabling hotspot on your phone, and then use that hotspot as wifi on your console.
  5. yobrizo Win User

playing purchased downloaded games offline

Hello. if the console is in main mode, you don't need to connect to the internet. if you are in secondary mode if you need to logged in and be connected to the internet. a possible solution to this second scenario is to create a wifi network with the mobile
    phone and use the phone data
  6. juan van Win User

Xbox Doesnt Always Connect To Home Wifi...?

I have the same router but have no problems connecting 7 devices. How far is the console from the router? How many bars does the console wifi have? Is the console surrounded by anything?
Thema:

1. Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming? - Similar Threads - Does console phone

2. Xbox Series S Next-Gen Console Confirmed by Microsoft, How Much Does It Cost?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Series S Next-Gen Console Confirmed by Microsoft, How Much Does It Cost?: Microsoft has finally revealed and confirmed the Xbox Series S. The long-rumored next-gen console has been subject to multiple leaks and is arguably one of the worst-kept secrets in gaming. With...
  3. Console não liga e faz barulho[Console does not turn on and makes noise]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console não liga e faz barulho[Console does not turn on and makes noise]: Meu console XBOX ONE não liga, faz barulho como se tivesse raspando alguns disco ou placa. O controle também não conecta. Não aparece nada na tela da televisão. O que pode ser? alguém pode me...
  4. Xbox Console Companion App for Windows 10 does not maintain settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App for Windows 10 does not maintain settings.: Every single time I open the app, I have to click off the Clubs and Feed notifications options. Every single time I open the app again, those settings have turned themselves back on. It is super...
  5. Why does my xbox run slow after a console update for awhile?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my xbox run slow after a console update for awhile?: Hard resetting doesnt fix it, it just goes away after like an hour submitted by /u/mo-par [link] [comments]
  6. Console Companion says my Xbox IP address does not exist

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion says my Xbox IP address does not exist: Hey guys, I recently wanted to play Forza horizon on my pc from my Xbox. I dont know how but someone told me I can use my Xbox companion app to connect to my Xbox ( I have the disk version if...
  7. Why does it say unable to stream to your console when i stream to my phone??

in XboX Insiders
    Why does it say unable to stream to your console when i stream to my phone??: I really want to know as it was working fine 5 minutes ago and now it wont? submitted by /u/RoundChoice [link] [comments]
  8. How does console streaming work?

in XboX Insiders
    How does console streaming work?: How does console streaming work. Is my controller supposed to stay connected to the Xbox? That's the only way it ever lets me do control anything. When I connect my controller to my phone it only...
  9. Does the phone you have matter a lot for Console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the phone you have matter a lot for Console streaming?: So i tried Console streaming with a One Plus 6 on a 4G connection (30-70mb download -2-10mb upload depending on where i'm) while my xbox was on a wired internet connection (240mb download - 13mb...
  10. It does not work on the console text chat and phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    It does not work on the console text chat and phone: I saw the problem a week ago. when I try to send a message writes to me: "Message not sent". the console displays the message: "Check your account", as well as a link to a fix-messaging. if I send...