Does deleting my profile delete my downloads?

Discus and support Does deleting my profile delete my downloads? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to sell my xbox one in order to buy the slim version. If I delete my profile then will that wipe my downloaded games too? I want to sell it with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WonkiestAxe106, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Does deleting my profile delete my downloads?

I want to sell my xbox one in order to buy the slim version. If I delete my profile then will that wipe my downloaded games too? I want to sell it with the games on the hard drive if possible. Can I then upload my old profile and games to the new console?

:)

WonkiestAxe106, Sep 28, 2016
  2. MasterYoshi
    MasterYoshi Guest
    Deleting downloaded profile?

I decided to dust off my 360 and I downloaded my profile awhile ago. But if I delete it and not my actual profile. All of my saves and data will still be there, right? Because from what I read. The only point of downloading your profile, is if you want to log in to a different console.

MasterYoshi, Sep 28, 2016
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Deleting downloaded profile?

Saves should be fine, proflie can be deleted and redownloaded.

cross44, Sep 28, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hello,

Removing your profile does not immediately delete your games. However, you should probably not advertise them as part of the sale - if you make your new console your Home Xbox, which you should, the old console would lose the ability to play them, which
    would lead to one upset buyer - and allowing the new owner of the console to play them could also constitute skirting the Xbox Live Terms of Use and Code of Conduct which can cause Enforcement actions to be taken.

In short, removing your profile does not immediately delete your games, but you are best off doing so anyway.

Once you add your profile to the new console, you can immediately redownload all your games - they are tied to your account.

Hope this helps.

maxen, Sep 28, 2016
  5. maxen Win User

Hello,

Removing your profile does not immediately delete your games. However, you should probably not advertise them as part of the sale - if you make your new console your Home Xbox, which you should, the old console would lose the ability to play them, which
    would lead to one upset buyer - and allowing the new owner of the console to play them could also constitute skirting the Xbox Live Terms of Use and Code of Conduct which can cause Enforcement actions to be taken.

In short, removing your profile does not immediately delete your games, but you are best off doing so anyway.

Once you add your profile to the new console, you can immediately redownload all your games - they are tied to your account.

Hope this helps.
  6. Dizzy59X Win User

Disconnected from Xbox Live only while playing GTA V

So does the deleting profile thing and re-downloading it works? Does deleting my XBOX LIVE pRofile delete all my saves and content? I should try this, but not if i lose all my DLC and stuff x(. nub in this department..
  7. WPAK Win User

delete my profile

Hi there,

-

please specify a bit more details about the current situation and what the situation should have been.

For example what did you do? on which console or on a PC?

Without any further information we can't give any advise.
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

xbox not loading at all with hard drive in - 360 slim 250gb

9. Isredel Win User

Code: 80048821

Question. Does this delete my entire profile and gamerscore then?
Thema:

1. Does deleting my profile delete my downloads? - Similar Threads - Does deleting profile

2. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...: For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game has no option to save. As a result of this,...
  3. Deleting the game The two point hospital this does not disappear from the list of installed...

in XboX Insiders
    Deleting the game The two point hospital this does not disappear from the list of installed...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  4. Does Xbox automatically delete messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox automatically delete messages?: Hey, i'm just wondering if Xbox deletes messages. I've heard they delete >30 days but idk fcef917f-617d-4b94-99d6-138e894aa986
  5. My xbox one does not give me an option to delete cloud saves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one does not give me an option to delete cloud saves.: trying to start over my portal two co-op campaign on xbox one. when I go to game options it only gives me the option to delete local saves but not the cloud. my progress always returns and I cant...
  6. How does one delete a controller/accessory?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does one delete a controller/accessory?: How do I delete an accessory ? Bought an “Elite” controller just yesterday but the profile toggle is now switched backwards. To be more clear, if the switch on the device is set to 1 the on the...
  7. Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?: I bought xbox gamepass and after i bought it, it imedieatley canceled my xbox live subscription if I cancel the xbox gamepass before this month ends will i get my xbox live subscription back? If I...
  8. Does anyone know how to fix the problem where you cant delete messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix the problem where you cant delete messages: You delete the message it disappears,you leave the message tab and comeback to it the message is still there,you try to text someone the person you sent the message isnt on the messages tab either...
  9. If I delete my profile off an Xbox One, does that make the games I bought unplayable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I delete my profile off an Xbox One, does that make the games I bought unplayable?: So my brother is being selfish as and taking our family Xbox when he moves out even though my mum bought the Xbox and I bought pretty much all the games (Fallout 4, FIFA 17, COD: IW, ME:A,...
  10. When I delete my profile does everything go with it on my hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I delete my profile does everything go with it on my hard drive: so I'm getting rid of my Xbox and going to sell it, so I deleted my profile. When a new person who makes an account and gets Xbox live, will they get acces to my PayPal account? i don't want them...