Does Dual Booting Ubuntu alongside Windows affect window network drivers?

Discus and support Does Dual Booting Ubuntu alongside Windows affect window network drivers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am dual booting ubuntu (for class) and windows 11 (for personal) on my computer. I usually am able to use xbox services on pc without a problem.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fletchstud, Nov 23, 2021 at 2:52 AM.

1. fletchstud
    fletchstud Guest

I am dual booting ubuntu (for class) and windows 11 (for personal) on my computer. I usually am able to use xbox services on pc without a problem. However, I noticed every time I try to use xbox services on my pc, such as joining a party on xbox live, after dual booting to Ubuntu, I always get the error "Something went wrong with your party". My teredo always seems to be messed up and I haven't found a good solution but to restart multiple times and hope for the best. When this issue occurs, I cant even connect to "support.xbox.com" on a web browser which I find strange.

Has anyone else ran into this niche issue?

:)

2. iBakez Win User

Real windows 10 os on Xbox(is it possible?)

no, you cannot dual boot on the xbox one.

you will get the xbox version of windows 10, and you will not be able to boot to a separate partition to launch a full blown windows 10 OS.

Hope this helps
  3. voteDC Win User

X1 patch to free CPU and improve graphics

Personally I would have kept the PC and ditched Windows 8 but the PS4 is a great choice as well.

-

There is a reason that despite having Windows 8.1 on my dual-boot, I spend most of my time in Windows XP.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Uninstalled no mans sky and its still in windows apps folder i cant delete or take ownership

Hi,

Have you tried clearing the 'Delivery Optimisation' files if they are located when you try using Windows Disk Clean-up? This may remove the game from your WindowsApps folder.

Even if you take ownership, the WindowsApps folder is protected and it is unlikely you'll be able to delete what is in there from within Windows 10.

There is also a second option. You could make a bootable Linux USB. Linux Ubuntu is a popular reliable free Linux distribution. Boot your PC to Ubuntu, find your WindowsApps folder and delete the No Mans Sky folder. Linux doesn't care about protected Windows
    10 files.

A bootable Linux USB is pretty straightforward to make, doesn't need to be installed - well not beyond the USB drive anyway. Once it's done you just remove the drive and your PC will boot back into Windows 10.
  5. feihC Win User

MS is doing the same thing w/ Xbox they are doing to MS XP owners....

Exactly right to both of you... And LOL @ greatsirkain on the Ubuntu install... LOL as in getting a MS product and using Ubuntu. Ironic isn't it? I also have a windows 8 (and a Windows 7) Window 8 won't be too bad methinks one the "update" "blue" comes
    out. But I have 2 other XP's on home Network. the 7 and 8 I bought because XP's were getting old and getting incompatible with explorer, would even read some websites (which peeves me to no end).

MS had better address the Backwards Compatibility thing as well as rented and used/sharing games or they lose big time methinks.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

checkout a few screen shots of windows 8

I've got Windows 7 and XP running on my machine as a dual boot. I prefer Windows 7 now though, but my old scanner only works in Win XP. I haven't had Windows 7 for very long, unless I build a new PC, I won't be switching anytime soon.
Thema:

1. Does Dual Booting Ubuntu alongside Windows affect window network drivers? - Similar Threads - Does Dual Booting

2. Does the e xbox app work on 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the e xbox app work on 360?: I still have a 360 and i want to know if the app works on it c910e97d-fd80-4b6a-98c0-dde6b686aca8
  3. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let...: Hello, I did some research for my wife as she wanted to get the new Sherlock Holmes game. I checked online here:-...
  4. Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal?: Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal? 2 days ago it was working just fine and then the day after, the controller is unusable because it flashed on the 1 second and then the...
  5. Does Xbox actually listen to us?

in XboX Insiders
    Does Xbox actually listen to us?: We have been asking for deleting games with Achivements for years and have never gotten it? It's almost top upvoted every week for months. submitted by /u/iShyGuy_ [link] [comments]
  6. Forza Horizon 5 does not want to install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 does not want to install.: As the title says, I can't install Forza 5 on PC, I get error 0x800e53. I don't know what to do, I really want to play this game, I already restart my PC, my router and everything, I hope you can...
  7. Sign in button does nothing xbox game pass windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in button does nothing xbox game pass windows 11: I bought game pass this morning on windows 11 and when trying to log in the sign in button doesn't do anything. i have tried other suggestions on forums including using the console companion to...
  8. Halo Infinite Beta Multiplayer does not work with Quick Resume on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Beta Multiplayer does not work with Quick Resume on Series X: Halo Multiplayer Beta shows that it is reconnecting when it is opened via Quick Resume. Once it reconnects and I join a match, it just gives me a barrage of errors. It works when I restart the...
  9. Does anyone have an idea what this dual arrow symbol means?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have an idea what this dual arrow symbol means?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kahsearofficial [link] [comments]
  10. Does Dual Entitlement works even if I do not own an Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Dual Entitlement works even if I do not own an Xbox One?: I don't currently own an Xbox One but have preordered the new Xbox Series X. I want to purchase Madden 21 because it is on sale for a good deal right now. Does anyone know if the dual entitlement...