does gamesharing on xbox transfer to PC with cross save data?

Discus and support does gamesharing on xbox transfer to PC with cross save data? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; ran into a snag, my friend is game sharing with me on Xbox and has given me access to a fair amount of content via game share but id like to try some... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jonwincer, May 3, 2021.

1. jonwincer
    jonwincer Guest

ran into a snag, my friend is game sharing with me on Xbox and has given me access to a fair amount of content via game share but id like to try some of these games on PC such as destiny 2 for example. if I turn on cross save data for destiny 2 and then download it to my PC will I still have the DLC packs that he purchased and game shared with me or do i now have to purchase them separately for PC? and if I turn on cross save will I then lose the progress and items I've accumulated from those DLC's?

:)

jonwincer, May 3, 2021
  2. KindGryphon Win User

How and why would it lead to bans? Every single one of my friends or at least 80% of people who play Xbox share there games to friends so they can play together or just enjoy the game itself. Why would sharing a game that has already been paid for result in bans? Let me guess, because they lost out on half the money they could have made off a secondary customer? Alot of the time people share games so they CAN play with friends or just experience a new game for themselves and mind you if Microsoft were to remove this as a possible feature, the community backlash would be catastrophic for them so no I don't think any bans would come from this nor have I ever heard of anyone being banned on any game for it.
    "Let me guess, because they lost out on half the money they could have made off a secondary customer"

This is exactly why.

As Tezzarrific states it was never meant to be used in this way. It was meant to:

1. Be able to play your games offline when your internet goes out from your home xbox

2. For households that have more than 1 xbox so that you wouldnt have to pay for the same game twice to play on more than 1 system that you own.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

its not a feature, it is for using on the main home console so other family members can use your library, it is also there so you can play offline.
  4. jonwincer Win User

How and why would it lead to bans? Every single one of my friends or at least 80% of people who play Xbox share there games to friends so they can play together or just enjoy the game itself. Why would sharing a game that has already been paid for result in bans? Let me guess, because they lost out on half the money they could have made off a secondary customer? Alot of the time people share games so they CAN play with friends or just experience a new game for themselves and mind you if Microsoft were to remove this as a possible feature, the community backlash would be catastrophic for them so no I don't think any bans would come from this nor have I ever heard of anyone being banned on any game for it.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

no, you need to purchase the dlc packs for each platform, also there is no such thing as gamesharing, it is the home setting and that is for the home, sharing accounts is against the rules and can lead to bans.
  6. choppyseize Win User

Gears 5 Save file location

Hello

Steam is a separate Platform. It won't save to Xbox or transfer over. It does support cross play so you can be matched with people on console and PC when playing multiplayer.
Thema:

1. does gamesharing on xbox transfer to PC with cross save data? - Similar Threads - does gamesharing transfer

2. Does Xbox / Microsoft actually do anything about cheaters?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox / Microsoft actually do anything about cheaters?: I have been reporting cheaters in Black Ops 3 now for months. I see the same cheaters all the time in-game and I'm sick of it. I got instantly banned for sending a toxic message literally seconds...
  3. Does Xbox region lock matchmaking for Black Ops 3?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox region lock matchmaking for Black Ops 3?: So I got a series S here in South Africa and bought Call of Duty : Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare. Neither game works online, just sits for hours finding matches, NAT is open using fiber,...
  4. Does anyone else's next gen games audio go robotic still?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else's next gen games audio go robotic still?: Most of my next gen games don't cut out but Madden goes robotic and Fortnite sometimes goes robotic. Does anyone else experience this? And if not does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?...
  5. Why does Microsoft ignore this problem?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why does Microsoft ignore this problem?: I'm just going to post this users question again since the thread is locked for some reason, despite many people having the same issue (myself included) and there was continual discussion about...
  6. warzone does not start and stay in first loading screen in my series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    warzone does not start and stay in first loading screen in my series x: warzone does not start and stay in first loading screen and say :take too long in my series x but i do not have this problem in other games. please help 94cbc000-67fd-4e71-be26-0486c7fc637b
  7. Does LG C7/C8(2017/2018 OLEDs) support Dolby Vision HDR for Gaming at 60 Hz? Remember, they...

in XboX Insiders
    Does LG C7/C8(2017/2018 OLEDs) support Dolby Vision HDR for Gaming at 60 Hz? Remember, they...: Title says it all basically. I am talking about Dolby Vision HDR at 60 Hz here. Not 120 Hz. I know HDMI 2.0 can't do 4K at 120 Hz. But C7 and C8 do support Dolby Vision HDR and can play games at...
  8. Does anyone know if you can gameshare Insider titles? For example, If I had rust beta via...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know if you can gameshare Insider titles? For example, If I had rust beta via...: I game share most games with him even if he doesn't plan to play it, would games on insider work this way? I also like to play from his TV once and a while so it's dual purpose. I'm of course...
  9. gamesharing for new games does not work anymore since we have the series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gamesharing for new games does not work anymore since we have the series x: hi all, my brother and me both bought a series x. we connected them via this "familysharing" thing. since we bought the SX, he bought 2 games that do not appear in my library. its also not...
  10. Does anybody want to gameshare destiny two to me. Thanks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anybody want to gameshare destiny two to me. Thanks: Does anybody want to gameshare destiny two to me. Thanks 6a650235-4f56-4b7d-a87b-3e83ad8546cb