Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?

Discus and support Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I mean the current stream to the PC with the companion Xbox app does not allow HDR images, so since I'm not able to test on my own I wonder if the new... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/reforc3, Dec 3, 2019 at 4:23 AM.

1. /u/reforc3
    /u/reforc3 Guest

Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?

I mean the current stream to the PC with the companion Xbox app does not allow HDR images, so since I'm not able to test on my own I wonder if the new systems will allow it, since there's phones and other mobile devices with HDR support

submitted by /u/reforc3
    [link] [comments]

2. gds1972 Win User

Xbox One 4k not sure

Hi

From a gaming point of view this console does not support 4K (And it is not advertised to support it) but it does support HDR gaming. The 4K support the console offers if for playing UHD blu ray discs and via streaming apps such as Netflix.

http://www.xbox.com/xbox-one-s?xr=shellnav
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Freesync HDR Monitor can't get HDR to enable

It's possible that it's the HDMI cable. Some of them are not a compatible version to allow you to stream HDR. I'd start with checking that the cable you're using is compatible. In addition to that, check the ports your connected to on the TV, see if
    you get different results with a different port.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Playing Xbox 360 on 4k TV Problems

Don't forget that an Xbox One S also has a built in 4K player and you can also benefit from HDR in compatible gaming.

I used an Xbox One S on my 55" 4K HDR TV for a number of months before upgrading to an Xbox One X and was very happy with using the console for playing games, watching UHD Blu Rays and using streaming services such as Netflix.
  5. darkist1 Win User

Xbox one x not updating to 4k

To get the 4k and HDR features you will need a 4k compatible TV, it does however help with game performance.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Forza Horizon 3 + HDR on One S, picture is bright?

Hi

The Forza Horizon 3 demo does not support HDR you will have to wait for the full game to release for HDR version on the game.

Also have your tried using streaming services such as Netflix or Amazon to see if you get similar results?
Thema:

1. Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future? - Similar Threads - Does HDR compatible

2. Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?: So I use my Xbox one X hooked up to a monitor however I am getting a new monitor which is not 4K due to my PC not handling 4K games and down scaling on a 4K monitor to 1080p looks garbage so my...
  3. Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?: I have an Epson 5040ub projector. It doesn't do full 4k but it does take a 4k signal and does a great job of enhancing 1080p to look really close to 4k. Problem is that I can watch a 4k HDR disc,...
  4. 42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR: 42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR You need to check some LG models only do HDR and 4k in a separate HDMI and you must have 4k cables c2d6f839-56c1-41c0-adcc-d0fe5081ceb9
  5. Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay: Purchased an Xbox One X for the sole purpose of using it to centralize my entertainment. I use the Plex app and a locally hosted plex server to serve 4K content. HDR enabled 4K files have...
  6. Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV: Given: TV: Samsung UN65HU8550F Movie: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (4K Ultra HD featuring HDR) My TV supports 4K but it does not support HDR. (I bought it about two years ago. Only...
  7. Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV: Given: TV: Samsung UN65HU8550F Movie: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (4K Ultra HD featuring HDR) My TV supports 4K but it does not support HDR. (I bought it about two years ago. Only...
  8. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?: Hi I am considering into purchasing a 4K TV just for HDR support. I prefer to play games such as GEARS 4 and TOMB RAIDER in 60 fps performance mode weven without 4K, however I do want to see what...
  9. Xbox One X HDR does not work on LG 55EG9600 2015

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDR does not work on LG 55EG9600 2015: Hi all, I have the sad news to share that my Xb1X does not recognize my TV to be HDR capable. On my LG, I went to Settings, All Settings, Picture -> Scroll down to HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color and...
  10. xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!: Xbox one s only supports hdr game with ycbcr 4:2:0 while playing forza horizon 3. It should support ycbcr 4:2:2 4k 60Hz as well for better picture quality. 4fce5209-2f26-466f-919d-f7a413926fee