Does Intel Core i5-7600K work with Optiplex 3020

Discus and support Does Intel Core i5-7600K work with Optiplex 3020 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Does Intel Core i5-7600K work with Optiplex 3020 my motherboard is Dell 040DD i have intel Core i3-4160 290w 8 gb ram [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Essam Al Ghamdi, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Does Intel Core i5-7600K work with Optiplex 3020

my motherboard is Dell 040DD

i have intel Core i3-4160

290w

8 gb ram
    Does Intel Core i5-7600K work with Optiplex 3020 [​IMG]

:)

Essam Al Ghamdi, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Essam Al Ghamdi Win User

that's what i was afraid I'm gonna hear. anyway thanks for the help you really can't find that much information on old machine.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

No, unfortunately it's not. The the i3-4160 is a 4th Generation Intel i3 processor. The i7 7600K is a 7th Gen processor. The CPU socket isn't compatible.

Realistically, the only upgrade path is something like an i7 4770K. There are some issues though. These processors in computing/gaming terms are pretty old. The 4th Gen Intel Core processors date back to 2014 and they won't hold up to well to modern games. Assuming you also have a dedicated graphics card.

Also, and quite importantly, the 4th gen i7 needs more power than the i3 processor. Knowing OEM PC builds, they generally only provide a Power supply with enough power to run the original specification. There may not be enough wattage in your PSU to even run an i7 4770K and everything else as well.

Considering how old that machine is, it would work out cheaper to buy a new PC.
  4. Warder209 Win User

Halo Infinite crashes on launch?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz, Nvidia GeForce 1080, 16 GB RAM,
  5. ManasPatri Win User

Your computer does not meet the minumum requirements. As a result, you may expreience errors during the game. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Is the processor is compatible as showing in minumum requirement Intel i5-4460 ?

Current Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Forza horizon 4

From what you've told me, you're running a Intel G4600 which is a dual core Intel Processor from the 'Kaby Lake' range.

I don't think your motherboard will support an 8th generation processor, but it will support the 7th gen. The lowest i3 you could have would be a i3 7100. Even then, this is still low end for gaming really. These i3 processors are dual core, most modern
    games now are designed with at least quad core processors in mind.

An i5 7600k or an i7 7700k would be a much better option.

Before you go ahead and buy something though, can you provide us with your Motherboard make and model?

With either the i5 or the i7 the GTX 1050 would become the bottleneck, although you would still get better performance than with the G4600.

Thanks
Thema:

1. Does Intel Core i5-7600K work with Optiplex 3020 - Similar Threads - Does Intel Core

2. whenever i try to play via cloud gaming it does this!

in XboX Insiders
    whenever i try to play via cloud gaming it does this!: I tried playing Microsoft Flight Sim on my Xbox One S and it distorts the pixels. It unplayable and I can't do anything about it. My Wifi connection is fine because I have no problem with...
  3. Does fortnite support the new gamertag system

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does fortnite support the new gamertag system: I was wondering if fortnite supported the new gamertag system because I changed my gamertag and it hasn’t updated it yet. fb14320a-f28d-42cb-99e3-0045b981dd17
  4. How does someone get suspended for taking up for Thereself

in XBoX Accessibility
    How does someone get suspended for taking up for Thereself: My daughter got suspended because there was a boy asking her to do the dirty. HE never got suspended maybe they need to read his whole conversation. a29b7315-1fb9-44b1-a755-20284feaa63f
  5. Why does Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition not work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition not work?: I first bought the game over a year ago and it worked and played fine, really enjoyed the game. Doing a second playthrough and around a week or so ago, it just suddenly doesn't work. I mean the...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control...: I am trying to leverage the Samsung games hub and the Xbox app within here and am unable to use a Bluetooth controller. I can go into the pairing options and get the controller connected, but once...
  7. Why does only the home button work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does only the home button work?: I’ve reset and updated my controller but only the home button and joysticks work. It’s connected and it has a fully charged battery. The USB cord doesn’t help either. It will randomly disconnect...
  8. Does Xbox X Series supports BDXL reading?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox X Series supports BDXL reading?: Hi, I wanted to watch a movie from a Blu-ray disc. It is a copy I made on a BDXL 100 GB Verbatim disc but Xbox can't read it. Blu-ray player app gives a message that disc can't be read. At the...
  9. Why does my Xbox not boot up?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox not boot up?: A few days ago, I recently uninstalled Fall Guys, considering that was the game that glitched mostly on my Xbox One S and since then, either I get the animation intro or it just does not show up....
  10. Why does Xbox think i am in a Family?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox think i am in a Family?: Hello all. I am having trouble accessing multiple features on this account. when i try to access them, it says that i can't as i am in a family safety thing. However, when i check my family...