Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app...

Discus and support Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I got Dolby Vision enabled and its working with various games but I noticed that the HDR Calibration app defaults to regular HDR instead. Is this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/javycane, May 23, 2021.

1. /u/javycane
    /u/javycane Guest

Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app...

I got Dolby Vision enabled and its working with various games but I noticed that the HDR Calibration app defaults to regular HDR instead. Is this correct or is this a possible bug? I want to be able to calibrate HDR on it and make sure its fine but I feel like Im calibrating for something Im not using right now.

submitted by /u/javycane
    [link] [comments]

/u/javycane, May 23, 2021
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Vision games support late 2019

3. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

Of course the Blu-Ray disks I'm using are UHD and have Dolby Vision.

Dolby Vision is enabled on Xbox One X settings, TV HDMI ports are in Enhanced mode (4:4:4 4K/UHD HDR 60Hz), and the TV test (that can be found inside Xbox menu) returns all green ticks for my Xbox-to-TV connection.

As said, Dolby Vision works with all streaming apps... but not when playing Blu-Ray UHD Dolby Vision disks.
  4. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox One X HDR error

I have never had to enable HDR or Dolby Vision on my tv. When I play Netflix HDR or DOLBY VISION titles, a logo automatically pops up in the screen telling me HDR or DOLBY VISION, to inform me its enabled. Also my Apple tv 4K allows me to view content
    in both HDR formats as well by switching to one or the other in settings. I appreciate the tip but that’s not it. Did the scan you suggested & says color depth 12 bits or standard (recommended). So I chose 12 bits & left the color space at standard since
    I’m not using a pc monitor. The Xbox again tells me your tv doesn’t support HDR10 video for gaming...yet it does.
  5. IRB Win User

Dolby Vision on Xbox One X

Hi.

When you start Netflix, does it start up in HDR or Dolby Vision as it seems the app itself launches in that mode. Not all content is Dolby Vision compatible in Netflix.

Your TV is on the list of supported models, and I assume you are in the Insider program for testing this feature?

Also, check for any updates to the Netflix app.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Dolby Vision Support for Xbox One X

Your right that Dolby Vision is better than HDR10, however the differences are marginal at best, and only true TV calibrators will be able to see the difference.

The reason Microsoft went with HDR10 and not Dolby Vision is that HDR10 is open, it doesn't cost anything to make a TV HDR10 compatible, all you have to do is meat the specifications and your good to go.

Dolby Vision on the other hand costs money, the vast majority of cheaper HDR TV's are going with HDR10 and only the more expensive "premium" TV's have Dolby Vision and HDR10.

On a side note, you may want to look at not getting an LG B7/C7 and using it with you soundbar, I've read loads of scare stories of people using these TV's with a soundbar and getting pretty bad lip synch issues, just a warning.
Thema:

1. Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app... - Similar Threads - Does sense Dolby

2. Does joining insider hub void the warranty?

in XboX Insiders
    Does joining insider hub void the warranty?: Does joining Alpha Skip Ahead void your Xbox Series X warranty? submitted by /u/iWantDeadxd [link] [comments]
  3. Does anyone know if the 4k ui update for the series x applies for the series s aswell?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know if the 4k ui update for the series x applies for the series s aswell?: I was wondering if the series s also gets an up scaled ui? submitted by /u/infamousnibber [link] [comments]
  4. Error code after factory reset what does it mean?

in XboX Insiders
    Error code after factory reset what does it mean?: Code 0x801901F4 anybody knows what this means I just factory reset my box to fix another issue and I am met again with another error submitted by /u/TheCubanMissle2 [link] [comments]
  5. Question: Does Xbox series X have an open operating system, meaning can Xbox games and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Does Xbox series X have an open operating system, meaning can Xbox games and Xbox...: I know you can listen to music and run applications such as Spotify simultaneously while playing a game but can the actual application and game share data amongst each other and run cohesively at...
  6. Does it makes sense to remove the Broadcast feature from Xbox Game Bar? [PC]

in XboX Insiders
    Does it makes sense to remove the Broadcast feature from Xbox Game Bar? [PC]: The Broadcast feature is the easiest way to stream to Mixer. It's the only piece of garbage that works seamlessly to stream Forza Horizon 4. Using any other game captures will straight up crash...
  7. How does Xbox validate suspensions? This makes no sense! Switching to ps4 because of this - ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How does Xbox validate suspensions? This makes no sense! Switching to ps4 because of this - ...: Xbox Support, I think I speak for myself and for a lot of the Xbox community on this topic. Lets get straight to the point here..... It's absolutely sad how if you get "reported" that you get...
  8. How does Xbox validate suspensions? This makes no sense! Switching to ps4 after this situation!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox validate suspensions? This makes no sense! Switching to ps4 after this situation!: Xbox Support, I think I speak for myself and for a lot of the Xbox community on this topic. Lets get straight to the point here..... It's absolutely sad how if you get "reported" that you get...
  9. How does it make sense that my name is against code of conduct?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does it make sense that my name is against code of conduct?: I recently got reported for my gamertag being against code of conduct and was forcefully changed. When I chose that name, I had no intentions of the name being malicious or offensive in any way....
  10. Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet.: I was wondering if it makes any sense to purchase an xbox console if I have no internet access. What would I be able to do with the console and what will I not be able to do. I assume that there...