Does kinect in game chat work for all games?

Discus and support Does kinect in game chat work for all games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sometimes I wonder if anyone hears me ... i talk sometimes during games and noone replies lol does the kinect always work to chat or do I have to use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HBK SeanMichael, May 12, 2014.

1. Does kinect in game chat work for all games?

Sometimes I wonder if anyone hears me ... i talk sometimes during games and noone replies lol

does the kinect always work to chat or do I have to use the headset for some games?

:)

HBK SeanMichael, May 12, 2014
  2. xWARxEAGLEx
    xWARxEAGLEx Guest
    Headset not working!

My headset does not work at all! I hear nothing and my friends hear nothing also! Even using the Kinect for chat in game or in parties doesn't work!

xWARxEAGLEx, May 12, 2014
  3. CoreyMiller1
    CoreyMiller1 Guest
    Kinect

Why does my Kinect microphone work in party chat but not in game chat

CoreyMiller1, May 12, 2014
  4. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest

Hi Sean! Unfortunately, the Kinect does not work for Game Chat in all games, because not all game developers have chosen to include it as an option. For example, in CoD Ghosts, the Activision support team have confirmed, "Kinect does not work for in-game
    chat because Ghosts is designed to require a dedicated microphone." In other words, a mic which isn't also receiving voice commands, etc.

Kinect WILL work for Party Chat in all games, if I'm not mistaken, because this goes through the Party App rather than the individual game programming. The best way to find out if Kinect game chat is supported by a specific game is to check the documentation
    or developer website, because not all developers have chosen to program for the Kinect as a microphone, and it's not always easy to tell if it's working as you'd expect! Does kinect in game chat work for all games? :)

Hope this helps!

Jaymo1978, May 12, 2014
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

Hi Sean! Unfortunately, the Kinect does not work for Game Chat in all games, because not all game developers have chosen to include it as an option. For example, in CoD Ghosts, the Activision support team have confirmed, "Kinect does not work for in-game
    chat because Ghosts is designed to require a dedicated microphone." In other words, a mic which isn't also receiving voice commands, etc.

Kinect WILL work for Party Chat in all games, if I'm not mistaken, because this goes through the Party App rather than the individual game programming. The best way to find out if Kinect game chat is supported by a specific game is to check the documentation
    or developer website, because not all developers have chosen to program for the Kinect as a microphone, and it's not always easy to tell if it's working as you'd expect! :)

Hope this helps!
  6. The Angry OchO Win User

Chat not working

Does it Default back to kinect for chat and speakers for audio or does it completely stop working?
  7. Savage Baird LE Win User

Titanfall Atlas headset - microphone not working?

Well, I figured out with a friend that it switches from Kinect voice chat to my mics voice chat when I boot up a game. Basically, my mic doesn't work when I'm not playing an actual game (even with Kinect chat off), but then does work upon immediately booting
    up let's say Dead Rising 3.

Kinda strange.
  8. mikthemost Win User

Kinect Volume Controls not working after the most recent update

Got issues with chat mixer. I use Kinect for microphone. Since the update chat mixer does not work .and volume of games drowns out party volume.may be related to your issue
  9. BusGod Win User

Voice chat - COD Ghosts

RanDog is correct- However, I don't believe anyone "Lied"- it was an error to assume Kinect voice chat would work. CoD does no,t at this time, support voice chat with Kinect.
Thema:

1. Does kinect in game chat work for all games? - Similar Threads - Does kinect game

2. Does the new OS kill kinect for good? :O

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the new OS kill kinect for good? :O: I saw the new update will remove Cortana for headset... will it also remove her from Kinect? I still use her daily [Mod Removed - see Guidelines]! :( Is this the final nail in the coffin for us...
  3. Does the Kinect for Windows Adapter work with my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Kinect for Windows Adapter work with my Xbox One S?: Help is required immediately! I have both Xbox (original), Xbox 360, Xbox One. I love the Xbox 360 Kinect, im planning to get all the Xbox 360 Kinect, and I'm planning to get an Xbox One Kinect...
  4. Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]: Estou tentando utilizar o Skype no meu Xbox one, maa ao tentar fazer chamada de vídeo aparece a seguinte Mensagem: webcam esta sendo usada por outro aplicativo no momento. Nenhum outro app esta...
  5. Kinect 360 Não se move [Translation - Kinect 360 does not move ]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect 360 Não se move [Translation - Kinect 360 does not move ]: Adiquiri um kinect usado ha aproximadamente 2 anos, nunca tive problemas com ele, porem Hoje fui jogar e na hora de sintonizar a altura ele se moveu e travou, agora so consigo jogar se por apoio...
  6. Why does my Kinect randomly power down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Kinect randomly power down?: There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, my Kinect will lose power. Sometimes all of the lights, sometimes only the infrared. Does this happen because Microsoft changed the software to...
  7. Does the Kinect Rivals Sport require Kinect for X Box One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the Kinect Rivals Sport require Kinect for X Box One S?: Does the Kinect Rivals Sport require Kinect for X Box One S? Does anyone know of better Sports Games for XBOX One S? 028ac95f-ff5d-4b9e-b8c1-5995d5b6b2d9
  8. I want to buy games that I can play just with kinect (no controller). Does WWE15 need ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy games that I can play just with kinect (no controller). Does WWE15 need ...: I want to buy games that I can play just with kinect (no controller). Does WWE15 need controller or can I use kinect to play wwe15? b0d8d59a-e17e-41bc-a978-44e16c5b9f3e
  9. original starwars kinect game does not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    original starwars kinect game does not work: the original star wars kinect game that came with my 360 keeps saying unrecognised disc. other games work fine only this one . there is no issues with the disc [marks, scratches, or cracks]. need...
  10. kinect mic does not work when playing an xbox live game with 2 local players

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect mic does not work when playing an xbox live game with 2 local players: Hi, I'm trying to play Call of Duty:Black Ops over xbox live with two people playing locally via split-screen. When I play on xbox live single player, the kinect works fine and other users can...