Does latency kill?

Discus and support Does latency kill? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is latency as much as a problem to you as it is for me? In a nutshell: The custom Windows 10 gui deployed on the Xbox One looks great and holds much... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/macdev045, Oct 21, 2019.

1. /u/macdev045
    /u/macdev045 Guest

Does latency kill?

Is latency as much as a problem to you as it is for me?

In a nutshell: The custom Windows 10 gui deployed on the Xbox One looks great and holds much promise for upgrades. However the latency that comes with this main gui, leaves a non transparent experience when going from xbox to game.

With playstation, PC and even Xbox PC App - I spend more time in game than in the systems custom gui due to lack of features, however Microsoft Xbox One has so many exclusive features that require you to interact with the Windows 10 gui that just has too much latency.

I know that we've been through a lot of evolution in the gaming industry since first generation of these next gen hi tech consoles, but does the quality of the gaming experience move gamers to ignore the transparency that first generation consoles had, pop in disk and await boot logo.

P.S, splash screens are nice, latency ruined them. I'd much rather wait like we would to the old boot logos than to wait on a splash screen for 20-60 seconds.

Also I understand that these consoles only have so much memory and the ability to interact with all of OS features without forfeiting your running game is a great advancement and latency should be expected in this scenario.

submitted by /u/macdev045
    [link] [comments]

/u/macdev045, Oct 21, 2019
  2. xXCamhawkXx Win User

Has Microsoft lost the plot with Xbox one?

"I was told uk users have to share latency speeds now, this is unacceptable and unfair."

What does this even mean? Latency is not something you "share" per se. You and your neighbor may have the same latency but there are so many factors that contribute to latency that there may be different reasons for you and your neighbors latency. You
    may have latency in common but not shared.
  3. Campo Win User

Confirmation that there IS a FAULT on UK/European Server

The dashboard latency test is meaningless. It has nothing to do with your gaming experience. You will not be playing games connected to the latency test server.

The Xbox does not control your latency. Latency is purely determined by the location of the game server you are connecting to, and the route it takes to get there.

Try to play on servers in your own region if you are worried about latency.
  4. psujoer Win User

NETGEAR powerline 1000v2

It does, but my latency is really bad without it.
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

High latency issues

@Necroticatrophy

A high latency in the network tab can give a false positive as it might be trying to ping the Xbox servers in Washington.

As long as you are not experiencing any lag you shouldn't pay attention to the latency as it does not resemble in game latency
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

Latency issues

Does your NAT show as "OPEN" ? Also the latency shown on the Xbox One does not represent an accurate reading as it does not ping the nearest server but the servers in Redmond
Thema:

Does latency kill?

1. Does latency kill? - Similar Threads - Does latency kill

2. Why does Minecraft on PS4 always unlink my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft on PS4 always unlink my Microsoft account?: So i keep having to re-link my Minecraft ps4 account to my Microsoft account every few days. Or after every update. All the info is correct but i dont get why it always does this. My wife never...
  3. Does Skylanders Imaginators compatible with Xbox One S, please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Skylanders Imaginators compatible with Xbox One S, please?: Does Skylanders Imaginators compatible with Xbox One S, please? Here, it says is compatible: https://www.skylanders.com/br/pt/video-games/skylanders-imaginators Here, it says it's not:...
  4. My Xbox 360 does not connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 does not connect to xbox live: hello guys, i recently bought an xbox 360 and i'm trying to connect it to xbox live but it won't, xbox connects to my internet modem, my modem connects to the internet but the internet doesn't...
  5. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...: For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game has no option to save. As a result of this,...
  6. Why does the New Mixer Experience have no Low Latency mode? Everytime I use mixer I have to...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does the New Mixer Experience have no Low Latency mode? Everytime I use mixer I have to...: Low latency helps me share some live gameplay with my friends and we all comment about it. Having a 30s delay makes it worthless. submitted by /u/Tyrantes [link] [comments]
  7. Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?: I have a 100 mbps internet package and my Xbox one is wired. Here in Malaysia we do not have xbox live servers so the closet region we join to is Singapore My Latency is always 177 .. is it...
  8. Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?: I have a 100 mbps internet package and my Xbox one is wired. Here in Malaysia we do not have xbox live servers so the closet region we join to is Singapore My Latency is always 177 .. is it...
  9. Does xbox live region affect latency?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does xbox live region affect latency?: Hello, I recently switched my region on my xbox LIVE account. Since that, I've been experiencing high latency in the console settings and the video game (halo 5). I'd just like to know whether...
  10. Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY?: Hi, Using Xbox one in abroad now, my ms latency is around 220ms which is too high, i believe if i connect to UK servers it will be better, but what does this depend on? My IP geolocation? My...