Does latency kill?

Discus and support Does latency kill? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is latency as much as a problem to you as it is for me? In a nutshell: The custom Windows 10 gui deployed on the Xbox One looks great and holds much... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/macdev045, Oct 21, 2019.

1. /u/macdev045
    /u/macdev045 Guest

Does latency kill?

Is latency as much as a problem to you as it is for me?

In a nutshell: The custom Windows 10 gui deployed on the Xbox One looks great and holds much promise for upgrades. However the latency that comes with this main gui, leaves a non transparent experience when going from xbox to game.

With playstation, PC and even Xbox PC App - I spend more time in game than in the systems custom gui due to lack of features, however Microsoft Xbox One has so many exclusive features that require you to interact with the Windows 10 gui that just has too much latency.

I know that we've been through a lot of evolution in the gaming industry since first generation of these next gen hi tech consoles, but does the quality of the gaming experience move gamers to ignore the transparency that first generation consoles had, pop in disk and await boot logo.

P.S, splash screens are nice, latency ruined them. I'd much rather wait like we would to the old boot logos than to wait on a splash screen for 20-60 seconds.

Also I understand that these consoles only have so much memory and the ability to interact with all of OS features without forfeiting your running game is a great advancement and latency should be expected in this scenario.

submitted by /u/macdev045
    [link] [comments]

/u/macdev045, Oct 21, 2019
  2. xXCamhawkXx Win User

Has Microsoft lost the plot with Xbox one?

"I was told uk users have to share latency speeds now, this is unacceptable and unfair."

What does this even mean? Latency is not something you "share" per se. You and your neighbor may have the same latency but there are so many factors that contribute to latency that there may be different reasons for you and your neighbors latency. You
    may have latency in common but not shared.
  3. Campo Win User

Confirmation that there IS a FAULT on UK/European Server

The dashboard latency test is meaningless. It has nothing to do with your gaming experience. You will not be playing games connected to the latency test server.

The Xbox does not control your latency. Latency is purely determined by the location of the game server you are connecting to, and the route it takes to get there.

Try to play on servers in your own region if you are worried about latency.
  4. FearedNightmare Win User

High latency issues

@Necroticatrophy

A high latency in the network tab can give a false positive as it might be trying to ping the Xbox servers in Washington.

As long as you are not experiencing any lag you shouldn't pay attention to the latency as it does not resemble in game latency
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

Latency issues

Does your NAT show as "OPEN" ? Also the latency shown on the Xbox One does not represent an accurate reading as it does not ping the nearest server but the servers in Redmond
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

How to perform trace route to Xbox Live servers? (high latency)

Hello,

If you have an open NAT and a low packetloss 0-5% you shouldn't worry about the high latency as this can give a false image. The latency shown on your Xbox itself does not have a direct impact on gaming.
Thema:

Does latency kill?

1. Does latency kill? - Similar Threads - Does latency kill

2. Xbox policy/Code of Conduct Question - Does MS/Xbox allow people to BUY followers through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox policy/Code of Conduct Question - Does MS/Xbox allow people to BUY followers through...: Hi everyone, I'm in need of some Policy help so I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me. So I've been trying to research this to find out if this is allowed or not, and have had no luck...
  3. Jogo não pega (Game does not catch)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jogo não pega (Game does not catch): Eu comprei um jogo re4 mídia digital na loja, baixei e não quis abrir, em seguida excluí e tentei dnv e não quer fazer download, dar que é impossível fazer download.....eu estava usando pen driver...
  4. Why is it that MS or Xbox does not have a direct phone number to call?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it that MS or Xbox does not have a direct phone number to call?: The call back feature is good but you need to get through all the non sense bots and questions in order for you to reach the callback request. In AU/NZ, they have a direct phone support number to...
  5. What does this Code 0x803F8001 mean?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does this Code 0x803F8001 mean?: My Xbox one S keeps crashing on me and will not load 192a9855-72b2-4c19-ae43-c60f1165f54b
  6. [PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing: Seen when playing State of Decay 2. Xbox Friend invited me to his game, and we were both in a party together (of which he had invited me, and I accepted through Game Bar). I select the...
  7. Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?: I have a 100 mbps internet package and my Xbox one is wired. Here in Malaysia we do not have xbox live servers so the closet region we join to is Singapore My Latency is always 177 .. is it...
  8. Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Latency have a bad effect if playing from a different region?: I have a 100 mbps internet package and my Xbox one is wired. Here in Malaysia we do not have xbox live servers so the closet region we join to is Singapore My Latency is always 177 .. is it...
  9. Does xbox live region affect latency?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does xbox live region affect latency?: Hello, I recently switched my region on my xbox LIVE account. Since that, I've been experiencing high latency in the console settings and the video game (halo 5). I'd just like to know whether...
  10. Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY?: Hi, Using Xbox one in abroad now, my ms latency is around 220ms which is too high, i believe if i connect to UK servers it will be better, but what does this depend on? My IP geolocation? My...