Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?

Discus and support Does my Xbox One need to be repaired? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been researching a problem I been having...My Xbox One won't read or play 360 games and DVD movies. It will play Xbox One games and Blu-ray but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JackYOgurl606, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?

I've been researching a problem I been having...My Xbox One won't read or play 360 games and DVD movies. It will play Xbox One games and Blu-ray but yeah, i don't feel like paying $179.00 for a repair order if i don't have to....

:)

JackYOgurl606, Nov 12, 2019
  2. JackYOgurl606 Win User

Well, i currently don't have access to Internet on my xbox, so i can't try resetting it, but I've tried the other options listed and nothing....I really don't want to pay $179 for a repair/replacement.... I'd rather shell out another 150 for a new one. I
    did buy my current Xbox one off Amazon refurbished... when i got it, Everything worked like a charm...i believe i bought it in 2018...i should have purchased a warranty... but yeah...If anything, I will get myself internet and just purchase the 360 games i
    want digitally if i can.... I really want to play my R.U.S.E game...i love WW2 RTS games.... but yeah, Thank you.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi JackYOgurl606,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help answer that.

Have you tried any troubleshooting on the console to see if it is operating system related? Or even hard drive related? I highly recommend trying console troubleshooting to see if it is a hardware issue with the disc reader that would require a repair.

If you haven't done so, try the following steps:

Go ahead and do a
    hard restart and power cycle
    to the console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and wait 60 seconds before
    turning on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset
    1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    2. Scroll to the right and select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the
    reset.

Give those steps a try and be sure to let us know the results!
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Does my Xbox one need to be replaced?

Hey there rossmfh76,

Thank you for that quick response, In this case being that you are getting a message to contact our support team then go ahead and do just that.

Follow the link below to request a callback, go through the different steps and select the topics that best fit the issue. Once you have received a call just let them know you need assistance setting up a repair order.

I hope this helps.
  5. rossmfh76 Win User

Hi, thanks for your response. I just went to register it. Added all the details, clicked "register" and got this response:

We're sorry.We are unable to process your request online at this time. Please contact Microsoft Support for assistance.

I don't know what to say.
  6. SolarFlare302 Win User

You may need to replace the factory HardDrive
Thema:

1. Does my Xbox One need to be repaired? - Similar Threads - Does need repaired

2. ASSISTANCE NEEDED. Mincraft xbox one editon disc does not seem to physically work in series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ASSISTANCE NEEDED. Mincraft xbox one editon disc does not seem to physically work in series x: I have just upgraded from xbox one to xbox series x and have just tried putting my mincraft xbox one editon disc in the xbox series x but the console makes strange noises and doesn’t launch it...
  3. How well does the Enforcement work? (please forgive if in wrong place, but in need) lvl 2...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How well does the Enforcement work? (please forgive if in wrong place, but in need) lvl 2...: how well does this enforcement team work? I'm an xbox ambassador lvl 2, (getting there) :) and i have just been invited to a party, to witness the acts of An individual by the gamertag: [mod...
  4. Need help with xbox. Home screen won't load and when it does load everything freezes and my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with xbox. Home screen won't load and when it does load everything freezes and my...: My xbox home scree won't load and when it does it doesn't let me sign in 3140409a-72de-412e-8fdd-f300fb033096
  5. 3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...: So I'm looking at getting a new headset for my Xbox Series X. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is exactly what type of technology the headset I get needs in order to support the new 3D...
  6. Why does fortnite need live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does fortnite need live gold: Dear Xbox i wanted to ask you why fortnite even if its a free games could you please remove a live gold membership for fortnite only. Please Your sincerely Raja...
  7. I need help, PC Minecraft Win 10 edition does not collect game hours!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help, PC Minecraft Win 10 edition does not collect game hours!: Hey everybody! I've been playing for several hours Windows 10 edition minecraft game on your computer. Xbox achievements come as normal but statistics still show that you would have played only 0...
  8. Does everyone in a minecraft server need to be sgned into a microsoft account or just one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does everyone in a minecraft server need to be sgned into a microsoft account or just one: I want to play minecraft with my friend im on xbox and hes on ps4 and he has 2 other people on ps4 so if i want to join them can he only be signed into a microft acccount or does everyone need to...
  9. Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...: How do I switch the linkage from my Microsoft account to my sons? My Microsoft account has to remain with me. Thanks in advance. a1ed80c3-347c-4609-814c-deda94f336a2
  10. I get the "your xbox needs to be restarted" error. What exactly does this mean?

in XboX Insiders
    I get the "your xbox needs to be restarted" error. What exactly does this mean?: Title. I had never gotten this error until after I updated to this latest Alpha Skip Ahead update. I guess my first question is by some off chance does anyone else get this error? And what exactly...