Does my Xbox one need to be replaced?

Discus and support Does my Xbox one need to be replaced? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have had my Xbox one for 3 months. In that time it has worked on and off. I have had issues signing in. It crashes and freezes a lot. I get so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rossmfh76, Aug 19, 2019.

1. rossmfh76
    rossmfh76 Guest

Hi,

I have had my Xbox one for 3 months. In that time it has worked on and off. I have had issues signing in. It crashes and freezes a lot. I get so many different error messages. Last time it did this i took it back to the shop. It worked fine. I have two games
    Forza 7 and Horizon 4 which are both downloads/came with the Xbox. The trouble seems to be when accessing the games, it crashes the xbox then it takes an hour or so of turning it off, unugging etc to get it working again for a bit. It struggles to work out
    if i am logged in or not. If i try logging in, it says it cant log me in. I unplug it for half an hour, then it works for a bit before crashing and starting the whole thing again. I have done the factory reset twice already. Is this normal?

By the way, i dont have the Xbox Live membership. Should this make any difference? I don't see why it would as it has worked fir a few weeks at a time.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate any help you can give.

:)

rossmfh76, Aug 19, 2019
  2. JackYOgurl606 Win User

Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?

Well, i currently don't have access to Internet on my xbox, so i can't try resetting it, but I've tried the other options listed and nothing....I really don't want to pay $179 for a repair/replacement.... I'd rather shell out another 150 for a new one. I
    did buy my current Xbox one off Amazon refurbished... when i got it, Everything worked like a charm...i believe i bought it in 2018...i should have purchased a warranty... but yeah...If anything, I will get myself internet and just purchase the 360 games i
    want digitally if i can.... I really want to play my R.U.S.E game...i love WW2 RTS games.... but yeah, Thank you.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there rossmfh76,

Thank you for that quick response, In this case being that you are getting a message to contact our support team then go ahead and do just that.

Follow the link below to request a callback, go through the different steps and select the topics that best fit the issue. Once you have received a call just let them know you need assistance setting up a repair order.

I hope this helps.
  4. rossmfh76 Win User

Hi, thanks for your response. I just went to register it. Added all the details, clicked "register" and got this response:

We're sorry.We are unable to process your request online at this time. Please contact Microsoft Support for assistance.

I don't know what to say.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?

Hi JackYOgurl606,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help answer that.

Have you tried any troubleshooting on the console to see if it is operating system related? Or even hard drive related? I highly recommend trying console troubleshooting to see if it is a hardware issue with the disc reader that would require a repair.

If you haven't done so, try the following steps:

Go ahead and do a
    hard restart and power cycle
    to the console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and wait 60 seconds before
    turning on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset
    1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    2. Scroll to the right and select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the
    reset.

Give those steps a try and be sure to let us know the results!
  6. SolarFlare302 Win User

You may need to replace the factory HardDrive
Thema:

1. Does my Xbox one need to be replaced? - Similar Threads - Does need replaced

2. I get the "your xbox needs to be restarted" error. What exactly does this mean?

in XboX Insiders
    I get the "your xbox needs to be restarted" error. What exactly does this mean?: Title. I had never gotten this error until after I updated to this latest Alpha Skip Ahead update. I guess my first question is by some off chance does anyone else get this error? And what exactly...
  3. The store does not open I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The store does not open I need help: When I tried to go to the store and see an application to buy it, I click and it takes me to the beginning and Microsoft Store closes. It does not tell me if I need internet or something, the...
  4. Does Xbox forum need to go into more detail when there is an issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox forum need to go into more detail when there is an issue?: Hello everyone, I've been an ambassador since season 14 and I've been replying to a lot of forums trying to help people who are having issues. It would be great that when someone is typing a post...
  5. I need help with the xbox game streaming thingy. How long does a xCloud invite take?

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with the xbox game streaming thingy. How long does a xCloud invite take?: submitted by /u/Loco_Taco146 [link] [comments]
  6. Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?: I've been researching a problem I been having...My Xbox One won't read or play 360 games and DVD movies. It will play Xbox One games and Blu-ray but yeah, i don't feel like paying $179.00 for a...
  7. Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?: submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments]
  8. Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?: submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  9. Porque fortnite nesecita gold? [Translation - Why does Fortnite need gold?]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Porque fortnite nesecita gold? [Translation - Why does Fortnite need gold?]: Hola, solo queria saber porque fortnite nesecita gold, ya que es un juego gratis :// [Mod Translation - Hello, I just wanted to know why fortnite requires gold, since it is a free game ://]...
  10. Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?: This had came to mind after the invites went out for the alpha skip ahead and the task was to submit a report and I got the message it will be uploaded in the background. Does this mean it needs...