Does the new audio adapter allow games that do local split-screen to also support split audio ...

Discus and support Does the new audio adapter allow games that do local split-screen to also support split audio ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Split screen games are one of my main-stay game types on my Xbox One. One of the most difficult aspects of playing a split screen is not the reduced... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Panayis, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Panayis
    Panayis Guest

Does the new audio adapter allow games that do local split-screen to also support split audio ...

Split screen games are one of my main-stay game types on my Xbox One.

One of the most difficult aspects of playing a split screen is not the reduced size and resolution, but the mixed audio for all players.

Does the new audio adapter for the Xbox One controller allow games to send split audio to each player?

:)

Panayis, Mar 17, 2014
  2. raz0rback
    raz0rback Guest
    In Split-Screen, both players get all game audio when using headset adapter

Albert Penello mentioned this in an interview a few weeks ago:

Q: How does the adapter handle split screen multiplayer audio?

A: It supports separate audio streams for single player multiplayer. Each player can hear
    their own chat and audio through their controller.

-----

When playing call of duty in split-screen I hear all of the game sound from the other player along with my own when using the headset adapter. This was one of the main reasons I purchased the adapter. This means that while we're in different parts of a map
    I can hear footsteps and gunshots from the other split-screen player's game.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue?

raz0rback, Mar 17, 2014
  3. Panayis
    Panayis Guest
    Xbox One Chat Adapter - Split Screen Games

I regularly play split screen games with friends. One bugbear of mine is that the audio for both players is combined, making it almost impossible to make sense of the soundscape.

So, I tried buying the new headset adapter for the XB1. I'm using it with some standard Shure earbuds (so no chat) and sound quality is great.

I was hoping that split screen games would be able to send separate audio for each player to each handset.

Tried it with COD Ghosts last week, and got the mixed audio for both players being sent to my headset!!!

Is this game specific, or will all headsets receive the game audio for all split screen players? Does anyone know.. as I can't seem to get an answer from anyone!?

Panayis, Mar 17, 2014
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Xbox One Chat Adapter - Split Screen Games

Hey there EasyTarget197!

What you are experiencing is not game specific. Split screen audio for split screen games is not an available feature on the Xbox One. What this means is that all headsets playing a split screen game will receive combined audio.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with and we will be standing by.
  5. Tarnend Win User

Can't play local splitscreen without a valid membership?

with your account being signed on try creating a new live account for your friend and him signing into that to join the game for the local multiplayer. Does the game support local offline split screen multiplayer? as some games only allow multiplayer on
    xbox live so gold would be needed for that.

Good luck :)
  6. AlexMellott Win User

Xbox 360 E Optical Output ???

The Turtle Beach adapter will solve this problem. It basically splits the HDMI signal into optical audio and HDMI video.

HDMI carries both audio and video, so the Turtle Beach adapter basically helps give you the audio connection separately. It can also be used to hook up a sound bar or surround sound system (what i have).
  7. TAFKaWasted Win User

Xbox One and VGA

Also, there are cables with audio splits as well, you'll be fine.
  8. Awesome Exo Win User

Snap Mode Question!

Snapping splits your audio. You can snap tv and xbox music. Had TV snapped most of the day while playing madden.

Hope they put in a 50/50 screen share, make the voice command "split". I like the idea of game audio through the Headset, whoever said that.
Thema:

1. Does the new audio adapter allow games that do local split-screen to also support split audio ... - Similar Threads - Does audio adapter

2. Audio does not work in control of xbox one s

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio does not work in control of xbox one s: Hello Well the problem here is that I was playing Apex Legends, and played with my cellphones, and disconnected them at the end of the game, but after a while I played again and I did not listen...
  3. Xbox One X does not retain audio selection between restarts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X does not retain audio selection between restarts: My Xbox One X runs through my Onkyo TX-NR676 which is on the latest firmware and is fully compliant for Dolby Atmos (my preferred audio). After each restart I must manually set my audio back to...
  4. Xbox LIVE headset - My voice won't work, but all other audio does.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE headset - My voice won't work, but all other audio does.: This is an odd problem I haven't had before. My headset (Astro A10's) still sends audio through the earpieces, however it won't send my voice at all. My mic won't flare and nobody can hear me....
  5. Does the audio-technica ath-adg1x work with the dss2? Does this work with chat for xbox one? ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the audio-technica ath-adg1x work with the dss2? Does this work with chat for xbox one? ...: I would be grateful for any advice 5323d9a2-1981-41a0-9cd9-f97072df0b39
  6. Headset does not play game audio. Help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Headset does not play game audio. Help.: I have a headset (uPlay I think) and from the day I bought it it has been fine. It played audio from both the party I was in and the game I was playing. Great. This past week or two it has...
  7. Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync: Hi, when I record lectures online the audio and video doesn´t sync. The video is maybe 5 seconds ahead of the audio on a one hour recording. The online lecture is not having any sync problems....
  8. Does Xbox One X play audio cds and 4K video files?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One X play audio cds and 4K video files?: Hi everyone, I was thinking of picking up an Xbox One X and wanted to confirm some of its multi media features, as I've been hearing conflicting info. 1. Does the Xbox One X still have an Audio...
  9. Game audio does not turn off when watching a Beam stream and on a Party Chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio does not turn off when watching a Beam stream and on a Party Chat.: When watching a live Beam stream of Madden 2017 the game audio is played throughout the stream along with the person on a Party. Therefore I cannot hear the conversation on the party because the...
  10. My xbox 360 does not join a group or open audio message help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 does not join a group or open audio message help: My xbox 360 does not join a group or open audio message help 1181dbd2-4b6e-418b-b8c3-46da072c77a5