Does the One controller need line of sight to the console to work?

Discus and support Does the One controller need line of sight to the console to work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically I would like to know, if I buy a One for my office, can I tuck it away somewhere. The setup. I'm at my desk facing forward. The desk is an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SinuousPillow23, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Does the One controller need line of sight to the console to work?

Basically I would like to know, if I buy a One for my office, can I tuck it away somewhere.

The setup. I'm at my desk facing forward. The desk is an L shape, so I sit at a bit of an angle, normally facing into the L like a normal L desk. To the left of the desk is a wooden/pressboard cabinet, the One could fit in any of the drawers. If I put
    it there, will the wireless controller work? What about if the drawer is open when using?

Thanks

:)

SinuousPillow23, Jul 7, 2014
  2. Xbox One controller range

MrChomperoni the spec on the xbox one controller would be line of sight is 30ft.

SilentGamer895, Jul 7, 2014
  3. Old Guy 75
    Old Guy 75 Guest
    Does OneGuide channel change need line of sight?

Thanks. Seems I need to find an IR extension cable and run it from the Xbox to the STB in the equipment closet.

Old Guy 75, Jul 7, 2014
  4. Does the One controller need line of sight to the console to work?

Hi SinuousPillow23,

No the controller doesn't need line of sight to work, and should work in the setup you mentioned.

I would be concerned about airflow around the console if you used it in a draw though!

ColinNeighbour, Jul 8, 2014
  5. badboyfa
    badboyfa Guest
    It's all a mystery how the controller works, I can tell you it's very good at disconnecting frequently and randomly.

badboyfa, Oct 31, 2018
  6. badboyfa Win User

It's all a mystery how the controller works, I can tell you it's very good at disconnecting frequently and randomly.
  7. ColinNeighbour Win User

Hi SinuousPillow23,

No the controller doesn't need line of sight to work, and should work in the setup you mentioned.

I would be concerned about airflow around the console if you used it in a draw though!
  8. aka saldana Win User

Xbox One s controller just blinks after turning on console, have to pull power plug to re-sync

Are you playing at a location where the controllers line of sight with the console is being blocked? Not that the controller necessarily needs direct line of sight, but it can objects like a desk or coffee table could be a potential culprit.
  9. SilentGamer895 Win User

Xbox One controller range

MrChomperoni the spec on the xbox one controller would be line of sight is 30ft.
  10. Mister Gwyther Win User

360 remote

Hey there Three! Just to confirm, you have the newly redesigned black remote, correct? With regards to the TV, does the remote do both power and volume for the device? With regards to your Xbox console, does it not do anything to control your console, or
    will it do some controls? Do you have a direct line-of-sight between the remote and the console, or is the console obstructed (ex. in a cabinet, etc)? Let me know, thanks!
Thema:

1. Does the One controller need line of sight to the console to work? - Similar Threads - Does controller need

2. Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]: Boa noite, tenho um controle com fio original, nunca deu problema, porém há alguns dias quando eu conecto o usb a luz do controle acende por 1 segundo e apaga, tiro o cabo, coloco denovo e a mesma...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller does not work: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox Wireless Controller for PC. I want to connect it with the wireless receiver, but it does not work. Usually, the Xbox Logo at the controller should start...
  4. xbox one controller - A-button does not work correctly

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller - A-button does not work correctly: Hi, I have a Problem with my new xbox one Controller. The a-button does not work consistently. When I push it in a certain angle with my base of the thumb, there is no input. So gaming is based...
  5. xbox controller - keeps breaking & headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller - keeps breaking & headset does not work: Dear Microsoft & Users. I am quite disappointed with the xbox one original controllers. The two controllers worked perhaps 2 weeks from when i purchased my xbox one, then the headset stopped...
  6. Does the Elite 2 Controller really only have 90-day warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Elite 2 Controller really only have 90-day warranty?: I bought the very expensive Elite 2 Xbox controller. I was reading the warranty manual and it says that Xbox accessories only have a 90-day warranty. Does that include the Elite 2 controller? I...
  7. Does anyone else wish we could make a Design Lab Elite Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone else wish we could make a Design Lab Elite Controller?: That would be pretty cool. b3b5554d-3f55-4192-8933-1499637ddeb4
  8. Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?: submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  9. I want to buy games that I can play just with kinect (no controller). Does WWE15 need ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy games that I can play just with kinect (no controller). Does WWE15 need ...: I want to buy games that I can play just with kinect (no controller). Does WWE15 need controller or can I use kinect to play wwe15? b0d8d59a-e17e-41bc-a978-44e16c5b9f3e
  10. Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty?: I just bought a second controller - does it need to be registered online for warranty, or does the proof of purchase suffice in case of any issues? I assume that the original controller that came...