Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?

Discus and support Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I use my Xbox one X hooked up to a monitor however I am getting a new monitor which is not 4K due to my PC not handling 4K games and down scaling on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ProgramRAM, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ProgramRAM
    ProgramRAM Guest

So I use my Xbox one X hooked up to a monitor however I am getting a new monitor which is not 4K due to my PC not handling 4K games and down scaling on a 4K monitor to 1080p looks garbage so my question is does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p since the
    monitor I am looking at supports HDR10 and another question being it is a 1080p monitor will I have any improvements in non Xbox One X enhanced games even if my monitor is 1080p?

Oh and if anyone is interested this is the monitor

:)

ProgramRAM, Jun 10, 2019
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

I'm more interested in knowing if Xbox One S/X will support 1080p and HDR for gaming. I'm fine with ignoring 4k for now.
    Thank you!

Yes, it does. HDR does not depend on 4K output. If your 1080p television supports HDR, then it will work for the games that have HDR color palettes available. It is up to the developer to enable this option in their games.

The only Xbox One family console that does not support HDR for gaming is the original, first-generation Xbox One.
  3. IRB Win User

Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

Of course Xbox One X supports 4K and HDR for both compatible video content and games, but Xbox One S should support 4K video content and HDR color palettes for games. The original first-gen Xbox One unfortunately will not support either.
    So you are saying it does indeed do 1080p games with hdr?
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

HDR Gaming Equality?

I'm with the understanding that all Xbox One games that support HDR will have HDR on the S. HDR is not limited to just the Xbox One X Enhanced games.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox One X HDR in 1080p

You'll be able to set the output of the Xbox One X to 1080p, and if a game supports HDR then the console will use it, I mean the Xbox One S supports HDR, so no reason why the Xbox One X would only allow it at 4K.
  6. Lakn Win User

Xbox One X HDR in 1080p

You'll be able to set the output of the Xbox One X to 1080p, and if a game supports HDR then the console will use it, I mean the Xbox One S supports HDR, so no reason why the Xbox One X would only allow it at 4K.
    Thanks, I hope that is the case. The S will not allow HDR unless output is set to 4K. Not to tout the PS4 Pro but it told me my projector would not support HDR in 4K but offered up "2k HDR" as an option. I would hope the X was as elegant.
Thema:

1. Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p? - Similar Threads - Does support HDR

2. Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?: I am devastated. I bought a razer kraken rgb kitty edition usb headset thinking it would work on the xbox since it has usb ports and I've had a usb headset before and it worked just fine. Now I...
  3. Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??: Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??? 61c90250-23c3-4151-8c1a-ca8b600031be
  4. How does one get in touch with Microsoft? Customer support not working ive been trying for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How does one get in touch with Microsoft? Customer support not working ive been trying for...: see topic. Im trying to get in touch with Xbox but the customer support is not working. not the phone, not the chat 84ecd239-57cd-4e77-9203-7efffe4d56de
  5. Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...: Ive tried to return a digital game that literally does not work. Was bought more than 14 days ago BUT DOES NOT WORK. Tried every possible fix from rockstar the developers of the game and nothing...
  6. Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor: I have a LG-34UC88-B Monitor with 3440x1440. It has also HDMI 2.0. but the Xbox one X only let me play in 1080p. I have read several times that the Xbox supports 1440p monitors. I know that my...
  7. Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?: I have an Epson 5040ub projector. It doesn't do full 4k but it does take a 4k signal and does a great job of enhancing 1080p to look really close to 4k. Problem is that I can watch a 4k HDR disc,...
  8. Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay: Purchased an Xbox One X for the sole purpose of using it to centralize my entertainment. I use the Plex app and a locally hosted plex server to serve 4K content. HDR enabled 4K files have...
  9. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?: Hi I am considering into purchasing a 4K TV just for HDR support. I prefer to play games such as GEARS 4 and TOMB RAIDER in 60 fps performance mode weven without 4K, however I do want to see what...
  10. xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!: Xbox one s only supports hdr game with ycbcr 4:2:0 while playing forza horizon 3. It should support ycbcr 4:2:2 4k 60Hz as well for better picture quality. 4fce5209-2f26-466f-919d-f7a413926fee