Does Xbox Game Pass Ultimate have "secret" billing charges?

Discus and support Does Xbox Game Pass Ultimate have "secret" billing charges? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello all. Today I decided to get the 2-months-for-$2 deal for Game Pass Ultimate. I saw the message about how Xbox will take $2 for the first two... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Colorless Kovu, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Does Xbox Game Pass Ultimate have "secret" billing charges?

Hello all.

Today I decided to get the 2-months-for-$2 deal for Game Pass Ultimate. I saw the message about how Xbox will take $2 for the first two months and then apply appropriate fees for the months afterwards. Seemed straightforward enough.

However I only wanted the 2 months, so I went to cancel the subscription/recurring payments. From my understanding, this would let me keep my 2 months of G.P.U. without costing me anything more than the originally promised $2 charge.

My question is this: Why on Earth is Xbox telling me my next charge (now cancelled) was going to be on 5/30/2020? That's EIGHT months away, not two!

I suppose a more appropriate question is: Am I going to be charged the full Game Pass Ultimate fee for 6 months that I never agreed to?

If so I guess I'd better just cancel it all right now before I forget. Someone please shed light on this.

:)

Colorless Kovu, Sep 9, 2019
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Hello all.

Today I decided to get the 2-months-for-$2 deal for Game Pass Ultimate. I saw the message about how Xbox will take $2 for the first two months and then apply appropriate fees for the months afterwards. Seemed straightforward enough.

However I only wanted the 2 months, so I went to cancel the subscription/recurring payments. From my understanding, this would let me keep my 2 months of G.P.U. without costing me anything more than the originally promised $2 charge.

My question is this: Why on Earth is Xbox telling me my next charge (now cancelled) was going to be on 5/30/2020? That's EIGHT months away, not two!

I suppose a more appropriate question is: Am I going to be charged the full Game Pass Ultimate fee for 6 months that I never agreed to?

If so I guess I'd better just cancel it all right now before I forget. Someone please shed light on this.
    When you get gpu you convert all your gold to gpu
  3. Colorless Kovu Win User

Yes I have a gold membership.

I appreciate the responses, but I'm still uncertain whether or not I will be charged anything additional for the 8 upgraded months. It just doesn't make sense that I would get 8 months worth of a GPU upgrade from my gold when I only paid for two of them.

Update: Nevermind. Got confused because getting free G.P.U. sounded too good to be true. Good to know I won't be getting any unexpected charges. Thanks guys.
  4. H3PA80R Win User

When you convert to GPU and have an active gold or game pass subscription it converts the time on that too. Also if the text says you will be charged in six month the next time, there will be no money charged before that.

Keep in mind, that if you cancel before that time you also lost your xbox live gold subscription..

Hope that helps.
  5. denis97g Win User

Hello! did you have an existing gold or game pass subscription?
  6. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

If you had existing Xbox live and games pass subscriptions they were converted to GPU. If you go into your microsoft account and look at your subscriptions and see what you've paid for and when you'll be charged next. You can also turn off recurring billing
    so you won't be charged for another month when it expires.
Thema:

1. Does Xbox Game Pass Ultimate have "secret" billing charges? - Similar Threads - Does Game Pass

2. Xbox Game Pass promotion AMD does not activate

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass promotion AMD does not activate: Hello, I have activated the 3month promotion code I got for buying a new AMD product, but now it doesnt show anything in my xbox account and I can't use it, I can't even re-type in my promotion...
  3. Xbox gamepass ultimate su PC non si attiva[Xbox game pass final on PC does not activate]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass ultimate su PC non si attiva[Xbox game pass final on PC does not activate]: Ho di recente provato ad attivare l'offerta "gamepass ultimate 2 mesi a 2 euro" e dopo aver provato a pagare con una carta master card contenente 2,70 € l'applicazione restituiva un errore dopo...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate NO FUNCIONA [Mod Translation - Xbox Game Pass Ultimate DOES NOT WORK]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate NO FUNCIONA [Mod Translation - Xbox Game Pass Ultimate DOES NOT WORK]: Quiero presentar mi queja a la nueva suscripcion de pago Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, ya que al producirse el pago de la renovacion de dicha suscripcion y llegarme el correo de confirmacion... no he...
  5. Game pass automatic renewal does not requested

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game pass automatic renewal does not requested: Hi, You have invoiced me a renewal I have not requested, please I want you to refund it. Kind regards. 3edcb900-1003-47d1-b987-5e4a48e31fcf
  6. Game Pass "O item ... não funciona neste dispositivo"[Game Pass "Item ... does not work on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass "O item ... não funciona neste dispositivo"[Game Pass "Item ... does not work on...: Comprei o gamepass para meu PC e praticamente todos os jogos falam que n funciona no dispositivo, porque?? Comprei o gamepass para jogar os jogos dele, não para jogar 2 ou 3 jogos. [Translation -...
  7. Game Pass: what does it offer? (Sorry, I’m new.)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass: what does it offer? (Sorry, I’m new.): i just purchased an Xbox One S, along with Xbox Live Gold, and Game Pass. I downloaded a game called Metro Exodus, one of the games offered in Game Pass. But my console says I can purchase it for...
  8. Payment And billing,it does not let me buy the xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Payment And billing,it does not let me buy the xbox game pass ultimate: do not let me buy the xbox game pass ultimate, at the time of making the purchase tells me that the information on the card is incorrect or that the bank has not been able to authorize this method...
  9. Sooo...does Game Pass PC not give you access to your own saves?

in XboX Insiders
    Sooo...does Game Pass PC not give you access to your own saves?: After trying to get my old Hellblade saves to work, googling a bit and looking around the AppData folders, there really doesn't seem to be any way to interact with save data. Am I wrong or is this...
  10. Got Xbox Game Pass on PC but the Xbox (beta) app's store just does not work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Got Xbox Game Pass on PC but the Xbox (beta) app's store just does not work.: So I got game pass ultimate and downloaded the app on PC but whenever I go to the store to browse the games it brings up a "sorry partner" message and tells me to restart the app but this never...