Does xbox one hdd use a proprietary connector?

Discus and support Does xbox one hdd use a proprietary connector? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was thinking about fixing my xbox one myself but I need to know if the hdd uses a sata or a molex connector because that will make my life so much... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jddatdj, Aug 2, 2019.

1. jddatdj
    jddatdj Guest

I was thinking about fixing my xbox one myself but I need to know if the hdd uses a sata or a molex connector because that will make my life so much easier. Cheers in advance.

Jack

:)

jddatdj, Aug 2, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

As self-repair is a violation of the terms of service, that's not something that can be discussed on the forums.
  3. Elohmn Win User

What are your thoughts with the Xbox One Slim?

Ah yes, the "adapter" program. Kinda like the one they used to allow Files to be moved from the old MS Xbox 360 proprietary HDD to their new Xbox 360 proprietary HDD. Elephant in the room says, Kinect is dead.

Oh, I am the only one who noticed the price of the larger HDD is a little skewed when simply considering using a much cheaper existing external HDD with larger capacity?
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Need Hard Drive Space?

[quote user="Irvinraw"]can I purchase this hard drive and not be worried about being banned?[/quote]No.
    Not sure if ms allows nonproprietary hard drives in the Xbox.
    That's not really the issue. The HDD itself is not proprietary. What is proprietary
    is the custom formatting and security data.

There are no third parties licensed (authorized) to provide HDDs for the 360 console. Use of unauthorized upgrades is prohibited as per the Terms of Use.

No one ouside Microsoft can definitively state that an unauthorized drive will never result in a console ban. No one inside Microsoft has confirmed an unauthorized HDD will not result in a ban.
    Also, does anyone know if ms will be upgrading hds this
    holiday.
    320GB is the largest announced, though that's for the 360 S. The largest drive that was available for the original 360 was 250GB.
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

250GB Slim hardrive not recgonized by my xbox

The Xbox 360 uses a proprietary file system, you cannot format it outside of the console. Also connecting your Xbox HDD to a PC is strictly against the ToU.
  6. BlackSilverAce Win User

Using old hard drive for Xbox slim?

No, you can't even use a normal hard drive like you can on your PS3.

You're going to need one of MS' comically overpriced proprietary HDDs....
Thema:

1. Does xbox one hdd use a proprietary connector? - Similar Threads - Does hdd proprietary

2. System Update hangs and does not continue

in XboX Insiders
    System Update hangs and does not continue: [IMG] Hello Dear Community as well as Team of Xbox Insider, I have a problem since the last Alpha Skip Ahead Update (dated 08/24/19). And although I come to the update only to checks 34% and...
  3. 360 Spiel funktioniert nicht richtig auf One [Mod Translation - 360 game does not work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 Spiel funktioniert nicht richtig auf One [Mod Translation - 360 game does not work...: Hallo, Ich bräuchte ein wenig Hilfe. Ich habe ein Spiel gekauft für 360 und auf der One spielen wollen. Ist abwärtskompatibel. Und ich muss zum speichern ein Profil herunterladen. Hatte vorher...
  4. my xbox console does not share image with the TV to which it is connected and turns off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox console does not share image with the TV to which it is connected and turns off...: What happens is that out of nowhere when I want to turn on my Xbox to play, what happens is that the console turns on, but nothing is seen on the screen, it just says that there is no signal, and...
  5. What does error code 43C5 on the Xbox 360 means and what do I need to do to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does error code 43C5 on the Xbox 360 means and what do I need to do to fix it: How do i fix error code 43C5 on xbox 360 means and how do i fix it 5f1edacc-bd6f-4486-9f2e-147607dbb29e
  6. How much space does the OS take up in a 2 TB External HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much space does the OS take up in a 2 TB External HDD?: ........ Hello everyone :) ....... How much space does the OS take up in a 2 TB External HDD after you format it? ......... I need to know this information just in case I pick one up :)...
  7. NXOE update does not recognize my external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    NXOE update does not recognize my external hdd: After receiving the nxoe update to windows 10, my console fails to recognize my external hard drive. The green light is on. It powers it up. It flashes. But when I go to manage my storage it only...
  8. Does not download when Xbox is turn off ("Instant On") with External HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does not download when Xbox is turn off ("Instant On") with External HDD: Consider the following scenario: - Xbox is configured for "Instant On" mode - Updates are configured to download when off - Storage is configured to power off when Xbox is off It appears in...
  9. Does the XB1 make a noise when accessing the HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the XB1 make a noise when accessing the HDD?: Hi All, I received an XBONE for Christmas (purchased in November). However, I've noticed the device making an noise when accessing the HDD (which is quite a lot considering the majority of games...
  10. Does Xbox One allow to store music and videos on the internal HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One allow to store music and videos on the internal HDD?: Sadly PS4 doesn't do it like its predecessor, but I'm wondering if Xbox One does? - I guess so because it tries to be an all-in-one device so it'd make sense to permit storing music and videos...