Does Your Console Have 4 Red Lights? -- Check Here!

Discus and support Does Your Console Have 4 Red Lights? -- Check Here! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is your console is showing four red lights? Usually, this indicates an issue with the audio/video (A/V) cable. Be sure to try the steps below, or for a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Is your console is showing four red lights? Usually, this indicates an issue with the audio/video (A/V) cable. Be sure to try the steps below, or for a more interactive approach, check out the official
    troubleshooter
    on support.xbox.com.

Check your A/V cable connection

Turn your console and TV off, and then unplug the A/V cable from first the console, and then the TV. Plug the cable back into your console, and make sure it’s in there good and snug. Connect your A/V cables back into the television, making sure the colors on
    the cable correspond with the colors on the ports. Turn your console and television back on. Does your console still have four red lights? If so, move on to the next step.

Try a different cable

First of all, you’ll need a different A/V cable to test with. I recommend borrowing one from a friend, as this step takes less than a minute. When you have a second A/V cable, turn off your console and TV, and then remove the A/V cable from both. Connect
    the new A/V cable first to your console, then to the display, making sure the connections are good and snug. Be sure the colors on the cable correspond with the colors on the ports. With everything plugged in, turn the console and TV back on.

If the Xbox 360 logo appears onscreen, then the first cable will need to be replaced.

If you still have four red lights, your console will require a repair. You can check your warranty status and set a repair up using our Online Service Center.

But I still have questions!

If this guide didn’t resolve your issue, or if you have questions about the steps found in this guide, then feel free to make a post in this forum! Remember to include the steps you’ve tried to better help the community help you.

:)

Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    The check mark of wired flashes

Hi,

I'm sort of confused as to what your exact issue is. Are you having issues connecting to LIVE?

Does your console have a red ring issue?

HassanB, Aug 28, 2014
  3. Ma7ter Chief
    Ma7ter Chief Guest
    Power brick overheating

What are the other games that you play that does not overheat.

The Red Light Usually means your xbox A/V Cable is not Plugged in Properly or Your Xbox needs a Repair, Is it a white Console Or Black One.

If your console has 4 Red lights go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822048.aspx

If your Console has 1,2 or 3 Red lights Go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822045.aspx

XBOX AMBASSADOR! If i helped please like this comment

Ma7ter Chief, Aug 28, 2014
  4. HassanB Win User

The check mark of wired flashes

Hi,

I'm sort of confused as to what your exact issue is. Are you having issues connecting to LIVE?

Does your console have a red ring issue?
  5. Ma7ter Chief Win User

Power brick overheating

What are the other games that you play that does not overheat.

The Red Light Usually means your xbox A/V Cable is not Plugged in Properly or Your Xbox needs a Repair, Is it a white Console Or Black One.

If your console has 4 Red lights go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822048.aspx

If your Console has 1,2 or 3 Red lights Go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822045.aspx

XBOX AMBASSADOR! If i helped please like this comment
  6. gds1972 Win User

Here's my problem

Hi Big Red Stick

Do you know if your console is in the Xbox Insider program? If it is you will not be able to OSU files to update your console.
  7. BoMe Keldon Win User

Here's my problem

Hi Big Red Stick

Do you know if your console is in the Xbox Insider program? If it is you will not be able to OSU files to update your console.
    I have the same problem and i'm in the Xbox Insider program, so what is next?
  8. Allebas Win User

Power light

Thema:

1. Does Your Console Have 4 Red Lights? -- Check Here! - Similar Threads - Does Console Red

2. Xbox Series S Next-Gen Console Confirmed by Microsoft, How Much Does It Cost?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Series S Next-Gen Console Confirmed by Microsoft, How Much Does It Cost?: Microsoft has finally revealed and confirmed the Xbox Series S. The long-rumored next-gen console has been subject to multiple leaks and is arguably one of the worst-kept secrets in gaming. With...
  3. Console não liga e faz barulho[Console does not turn on and makes noise]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console não liga e faz barulho[Console does not turn on and makes noise]: Meu console XBOX ONE não liga, faz barulho como se tivesse raspando alguns disco ou placa. O controle também não conecta. Não aparece nada na tela da televisão. O que pode ser? alguém pode me...
  4. Xbox Console Companion App for Windows 10 does not maintain settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App for Windows 10 does not maintain settings.: Every single time I open the app, I have to click off the Clubs and Feed notifications options. Every single time I open the app again, those settings have turned themselves back on. It is super...
  5. Why does my xbox run slow after a console update for awhile?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my xbox run slow after a console update for awhile?: Hard resetting doesnt fix it, it just goes away after like an hour submitted by /u/mo-par [link] [comments]
  6. Console Companion says my Xbox IP address does not exist

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion says my Xbox IP address does not exist: Hey guys, I recently wanted to play Forza horizon on my pc from my Xbox. I dont know how but someone told me I can use my Xbox companion app to connect to my Xbox ( I have the disk version if...
  7. Why does it say unable to stream to your console when i stream to my phone??

in XboX Insiders
    Why does it say unable to stream to your console when i stream to my phone??: I really want to know as it was working fine 5 minutes ago and now it wont? submitted by /u/RoundChoice [link] [comments]
  8. How does console streaming work?

in XboX Insiders
    How does console streaming work?: How does console streaming work. Is my controller supposed to stay connected to the Xbox? That's the only way it ever lets me do control anything. When I connect my controller to my phone it only...
  9. My XBox S console does not turn on, it says preparing console and when 50% then it goes to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox S console does not turn on, it says preparing console and when 50% then it goes to...: My XBox S console does not turn on, it says preparing console and when 50% then it goes to black screen with error E200. Manual/Offline update with USB, then I am getting error E101.... Need...
  10. why does my 360 console controller ring flash red and wired controllers will not connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my 360 console controller ring flash red and wired controllers will not connect: is there a fix for the wired controllers not syncing in and the controller ring on the console flashes red? 885635b9-9dcb-433f-86a0-bb2d45cccb46