Does Your Console Have 4 Red Lights? -- Check Here!

Discus and support Does Your Console Have 4 Red Lights? -- Check Here! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is your console is showing four red lights? Usually, this indicates an issue with the audio/video (A/V) cable. Be sure to try the steps below, or for a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Is your console is showing four red lights? Usually, this indicates an issue with the audio/video (A/V) cable. Be sure to try the steps below, or for a more interactive approach, check out the official
    troubleshooter
    on support.xbox.com.

Check your A/V cable connection

Turn your console and TV off, and then unplug the A/V cable from first the console, and then the TV. Plug the cable back into your console, and make sure it’s in there good and snug. Connect your A/V cables back into the television, making sure the colors on
    the cable correspond with the colors on the ports. Turn your console and television back on. Does your console still have four red lights? If so, move on to the next step.

Try a different cable

First of all, you’ll need a different A/V cable to test with. I recommend borrowing one from a friend, as this step takes less than a minute. When you have a second A/V cable, turn off your console and TV, and then remove the A/V cable from both. Connect
    the new A/V cable first to your console, then to the display, making sure the connections are good and snug. Be sure the colors on the cable correspond with the colors on the ports. With everything plugged in, turn the console and TV back on.

If the Xbox 360 logo appears onscreen, then the first cable will need to be replaced.

If you still have four red lights, your console will require a repair. You can check your warranty status and set a repair up using our Online Service Center.

But I still have questions!

If this guide didn’t resolve your issue, or if you have questions about the steps found in this guide, then feel free to make a post in this forum! Remember to include the steps you’ve tried to better help the community help you.

:)

Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    The check mark of wired flashes

Hi,

I'm sort of confused as to what your exact issue is. Are you having issues connecting to LIVE?

Does your console have a red ring issue?

HassanB, Aug 28, 2014
  3. Ma7ter Chief
    Ma7ter Chief Guest
    Power brick overheating

What are the other games that you play that does not overheat.

The Red Light Usually means your xbox A/V Cable is not Plugged in Properly or Your Xbox needs a Repair, Is it a white Console Or Black One.

If your console has 4 Red lights go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822048.aspx

If your Console has 1,2 or 3 Red lights Go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822045.aspx

XBOX AMBASSADOR! If i helped please like this comment

Ma7ter Chief, Aug 28, 2014
  4. HassanB Win User

The check mark of wired flashes

Hi,

I'm sort of confused as to what your exact issue is. Are you having issues connecting to LIVE?

Does your console have a red ring issue?
  5. Ma7ter Chief Win User

Power brick overheating

What are the other games that you play that does not overheat.

The Red Light Usually means your xbox A/V Cable is not Plugged in Properly or Your Xbox needs a Repair, Is it a white Console Or Black One.

If your console has 4 Red lights go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822048.aspx

If your Console has 1,2 or 3 Red lights Go here forums.xbox.com/.../1822045.aspx

XBOX AMBASSADOR! If i helped please like this comment
  6. gds1972 Win User

Here's my problem

Hi Big Red Stick

Do you know if your console is in the Xbox Insider program? If it is you will not be able to OSU files to update your console.
  7. BoMe Keldon Win User

Here's my problem

Hi Big Red Stick

Do you know if your console is in the Xbox Insider program? If it is you will not be able to OSU files to update your console.
    I have the same problem and i'm in the Xbox Insider program, so what is next?
  8. Allebas Win User

Power light

Thema:

1. Does Your Console Have 4 Red Lights? -- Check Here! - Similar Threads - Does Console Red

2. Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?

in XboX Insiders
    Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?: submitted by /u/Hacccystanley [link] [comments]
  3. How much data does an hour of xcloud and console streaming use does anyone know?

in XboX Insiders
    How much data does an hour of xcloud and console streaming use does anyone know?: submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments]
  4. Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?: submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments]
  5. Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?: submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  6. Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference: Hi I guess I am having a rather unique problem. Microsoft Support wasn't able to solve it earlier. I have redeemed a CAD $25 XBOX gift card to my Microsoft account that I use on my xBox 360...
  7. Console não abre jogos ou crasha quando os abre [Console does not open games or crashes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console não abre jogos ou crasha quando os abre [Console does not open games or crashes...: Olá! Eu tenho o Xbox One S, e tenho tido problemas com o console de travamentos no sistema/engasgos, além de jogos que não abrem ou quando abrem crasham em segundos. Eu abro qualquer jogo e...
  8. Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?: This had came to mind after the invites went out for the alpha skip ahead and the task was to submit a report and I got the message it will be uploaded in the background. Does this mean it needs...
  9. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  10. why does my 360 console controller ring flash red and wired controllers will not connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my 360 console controller ring flash red and wired controllers will not connect: is there a fix for the wired controllers not syncing in and the controller ring on the console flashes red? 885635b9-9dcb-433f-86a0-bb2d45cccb46