Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...

Discus and support Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Dolby Atmos Netflix Crash Issue So this has happened a lot on the Netflix app if you use Dolby atmos. Sometimes it works but 90% of the time it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Maddoghalo1, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...

Dolby Atmos Netflix Crash Issue

So this has happened a lot on the Netflix app if you use Dolby atmos. Sometimes it works but 90% of the time it doesn’t.

If you look for a Netflix title that has the 4K badge and ATMOS badge and try to play the title, it will start to load, then freeze, then crash to the Xbox dashboard. If you go into settings, turn atmos off on the Xbox, go back into that same title it will play fine without ATMOS. It will do that for anything you try to play with both those badges.

No error codes or anything. Customer support has no clue what you’re taking about when you actually call. They have you go through all the troubleshooting and when you try to call Netflix same thing. I’m not sure if it’s because ATMOS is still like a not super popular realm or something yet and just under reported? When I’ve done some intensive google searches I can find random fan base forums with people having the same issue.

submitted by /u/Maddoghalo1
    [link] [comments]

/u/Maddoghalo1, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Matthew-H Win User

Dolby Atmos not working on the Disney plus app on Xbox

I have a Samsung Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos. All works fine on the Xbox One X with Netflix, Amazon Prime, gaming and the Dolby Atmos app. Doesn't work with the Disney Plus app though. Sound isn't coming through the rear speakers and sounds very ordinary.
    I go and do the Atmos tests and demos on the Dolby Atmos Xbox app and they work and sound awesome.

I've googled around and apparently lots of people are having the same issue with the app. Hope they fix it soon as I was planning on watching the Star Wars trilogy in 4K and Atmos. I'll wait until they fix it.
  3. silwenae99 Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I can confirm this bug with the Dolby Atmos app.

My setup: Denon X4200W receiver with Xbox One S.

Atmos works fine in the Dolby Atmos app, Blu-Ray and Netflix (the movie Okja is the only Atmos movie on Netflix). All other Netflix videos and Xbox apps default back to 2.0 down mix as posted above.
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

first part of the problem, Dolby Atmos missing in TV Netflix App: the reason why Netflix App on TV don't recognize Dolby Atmos is simple, the TV don't support it, only latest Samsung 4K Q series (like Q90R) have pass trough for ARC HDMI and Dolby Atmos (not
    direct support, only passthrough), and the latest Soundbar (again, Q series) support it without any issue (this latest SoundBar have also a Built-in Game Mode to reduce as much as possible latency).

For example I have a Samsung Q9FN 55" (top 4K Samsung 2018) and no support for Dolby Atmos.

So, as you understand perfectly, the best option is to connect the console (and any other device you desire) directly to the Onkyo 7.1 ampli.

Now the second part of the problem, all upscaled to Dolby Atmos by console.

For this I can't help you because at the moment I have only Dolby Atmos for headphones and is obviously an upmix, a virtual multi speaker on a stereo headphone.

I don't know how work the Dolby Atmos app on console for the multi speaker system, the only idea I have is to try open the App and search for any setting, maybe you can find one to disable the "always upmix to Dolby Atmos" and switch to something like "play
    in Dolby Atmos only Dolby Atmos native content".
  5. RomiDumitru Win User

Dolby Atmos audio from Xbox One is delayed

Hi

I have the same problem like you. I have an Xbox One X connected through HDMI cable to an Onkyo amplituner 7.1 which is capable to decode Dolby Atmos & DTS X.

I have installed Dolby app on my Xbox to get Dolby atmos sound and the result was that I have on all the games no matter if these are with sound in Dolby Atmos or not only in Dolby Atmos.

Is very strange to get that. I have supposed that when I buy a game with sound in Dolby Digital 5.1 to have Dolby Digital 5.1 and when I buy games in Dolby Atmos to get Dolby Atmos in my amplituner Onkyo.

The same problem I have with all the movies from Netflix. I installed the Netflix app on my Xbox One X and now all the movies I see have sound in Dolby Atmos, even if in the name of the movie on Netflix it is said the sound is recorded only in Dolby Digital

What to do in that situation ?......I have tried every settings on my Xbox without any result.......When I put settings on output sound in Xbox everything I played is all in Atmos.

Like you said: "We don't need everything to be upscaled to Atmos, we just want Atmos to work on stuff that is Atmos as it should!"

Thanks in advance for everybody give me every piece of advice

Romeo.
  6. RomiDumitru Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi Napalm

Because my tv set Samsung is not so new and doesn't decode Dolby Atmos that is the reason for which I bought the XBOX ONE X to install the Netflix app in Xbox and to take out the Dolby Atmos from Xbox in Onkyo amplituner.

Now, when I open the Netflix app on Xbox I can see which movie has or not the sound in Dolby Atmos. This feature can't see directly on Netflix app on Samsung because tv set Samsung is an old version and doesn't have eARC.

Now, like I said ALL the GAMES and ALL the movie (Netflix) played on XBOX are in Dolby Atmos , no matter that they are or not in that sound format. THIS IS THE "PROBLEM".

Thanks

Romeo
Thema:

Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...

1. Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in... - Similar Threads - Dolby ATMOS Crash

2. dolby atmos help

in XBoX on Consoles
    dolby atmos help: I am switching between a headset for gaming(rig 800) and using a reciever(denon avrx1500) for streaming video. I have the dolby atmos app and it is unlocked through the headset. if i want to use...
  3. Check your Audio Receiver 0x80bd0009 Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Check your Audio Receiver 0x80bd0009 Dolby Atmos: Where do I start??? I am a system engineer, and daily configure VLAN, servers, phones, anything that exist within a network. My Step up TV = Samsung Q90 4K SoundBar = HW-90R Dolby Atoms 7.1.4...
  4. Dolby atmos still have issues equalizer settings reverting to default

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby atmos still have issues equalizer settings reverting to default: Its with the Dolby access app it keeps reverting back yo default equalizer settings. This happening to any1 else. Its Its a daily issue 4 me submitted by /u/JoE_TWEAKN_MANE [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Dolby Atmos height channel extending

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dolby Atmos height channel extending: [IMG] submitted by /u/Hotbannana [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos & Netflix broken on Xbox One (original console)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos & Netflix broken on Xbox One (original console): Netflix and only Netflix plays poor audio on Atmos titles. Frequent clicks and pops on both headphones (NOT A RECEIVER ISSUE) or when using speakers. Blu-ray and Atmos games work great. I have...
  7. Hooking Dolby Atmos to 2 Receivers, with Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hooking Dolby Atmos to 2 Receivers, with Xbox One S: Easiest way to connect 2 receivers for additional height channels with Dolby Atmos, without needing to buy a whole new receiver. Simply need a add on receiver which supports 2 or more height...
  8. Dolby Atmos wont code with my Marantz.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos wont code with my Marantz.: Why wont my marantz code dolby atmos? My apple tv works fine but my xbox x wont code it. Says multi channel in and pcm. fd5d033b-5b89-41b3-83dc-0ebf468e3ec0
  9. No dolby atmos en mi receptor av,solo en películas uhd bluray[Translation-No dolby atmos on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No dolby atmos en mi receptor av,solo en películas uhd bluray[Translation-No dolby atmos on...: Buenas.tengo un problema con atmos en xbox one x.en peliculas se repriduce perfectame,mi receptor onkyo lo detalla en el display como atmos.el problema esta en los juegos y aplicaciones como...
  10. Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content

in XboX Insiders
    Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content: Seems to have started to happen with the latest changes that Microsoft did with the Dolby Atmos setup. Every content I try to play that is Dolby Atmos enabled on Netflix (has the label), it...