Dolby Atmos on Xbox and Samsung TV

Discus and support Dolby Atmos on Xbox and Samsung TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox one s, Samsung un65mu800D, and an LG SK9Y soundbar. The xbox is connected to the tv over hdmi. The tv is then connected to the sound bar... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElijahBuell, Feb 8, 2019.

1. ElijahBuell
    ElijahBuell Guest

I have an xbox one s, Samsung un65mu800D, and an LG SK9Y soundbar. The xbox is connected to the tv over hdmi. The tv is then connected to the sound bar through hdmi arc. When I try to enable Dolby Atmos on the xbox, it gives me an error. When I set
    the video to hdmi hdmi instead of auto detect and activate Dolby Atmos, it works, but when I go into the tv sound settings, dolby digital + is grayed out.

:)

ElijahBuell, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Arminator Win User

How to Get FreeSync and ATMOS at the same time from XBOX ONE X

I understand your frustration, but the issue is not with Xbox directly, but with Yamaha and Samsung not supporting FreeSync or ARC properly.

From my experience, no Samsung TV ever gave a proper ARC signal from other HDMI input signals. Only from it's internal tuner (be it live TV or Samsung internal apps), where the TV is producing the sound, and sending it to the TV, which annoys us when using
    our FireTV stick on our Samsung TV.

If the TV gets the sound from a different HDMI input, it's unable to directly forward that audio through it's ARC port. I don't know if it's a technical limitation or licensing issues that prohibit Samsung from sending the original Bitstram via eARC.

On the other hand: You might have to contact Yamaha, so they can implement FreeSync support in their next generation of receivers, or maybe are able to have a firmware update for your existing receiver.

As a workaround, you can also try the following:

Plug in a headphone into your controller, and then in the Display & Audio settings enable Windows Sonic for headphones, or if you have purchased the Dolby Atmos for headphones app, you can also use Dolby Atmos.

This will enable spatial surround through your headphones, and you can then enjoy Freesynced refresh rates WHILE enjoying spatial 3D surround sound.

If you're unsure about the capabilities of Windows Sonic compared to Dolby Atmos for headphones, the Dolby Atmos Access app gives you a 14 day trial. So you can directly compare Dolby Atmos with Windows Sonic, and decide if there is an audible difference
    that warrants the purchase of Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Alternatively, if you don't have a nice pair of headphones yet, you could kill two birds with one stone, and buy yourself a Plantronics RIG headset, that has a redeemable code for Dolby Atmos (take care, as there are some models that are being sold WITHOUT
    the code for Dolby Atmos as well). Personally, I am pleased with the Plantronics RIG 400HX Atmos.
  3. QuickestTiger5 Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

Finally, I was managed to change to auto-detection and set up 4kUHD in xbox display setings and set up HDR10, without loosing DOLBY Atmos but in result 4kdetails is showing me following:

(Not all green ticks)

4k UHD active for 8bits and 50hz.(GREEN)

HDR10 active only for movies and TV (GREEN)

I have checked NETFLIX app via TV samsung and it is showing me HDR,supporting only Dolby digital,Dolby digital+

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDR10 is not active in games,

so I have checked the same movie in NETFLIX(via xbox one) is showing only 4KUHD but not HDR content but with DOLBY Atmos Sound (RED),

So not sure, whether is incompability between SONy soundbar passthrough and SAMSUNG TV ,

...or do you think do you have any proposals what to do to make all the green ticks in xbox one S settings without loosing Dolby atmos setup?

Thanks for you advice, I really appreciate.
  4. Puppy Fujo Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

Under Speaker audio in your settings menu when you select Dolby Atmos for home theatre in brackets beside it says HDMI only which indicates that Atmos isn't available over an optical connection. So the only way this is going to work is if your TV supports
    Atmos passthrough which is probably not the case at least it isn't with my 4K 2017 Samsung. You would have to check with Samsung to be sure however.
  5. SpyShadow Win User

Please check out this thread for solutions to your problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/xbox-one-x-dolby-atmos-not-working/eb2ccd9f-97d2-49a9-a967-4a2084f6e46c. I do know that Dolby Atmos is still having some issues with
    Xbox .
  6. Arminator Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Atmos stopped working.

Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos on Xbox and Samsung TV - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Samsung

2. Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos Samsung N950: So I recently purchased a Samsung N950 soundbar and when I enable the Dolby atmos feature through xbox one x I get an audio lag in my sound. It's a less then 1 sec delay on YouTube, Netflix,...
  3. Dolby Atmos Decoding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos Decoding: Hello all, I'm looking at purchasing a 7.1 receiver which doesn't strictly have Dolby Atmos or DTS X decoding support, it says the 7.1 channel can work for 'heights' but I still don't know if that...
  4. Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones question: Quick question regarding the functionality of Dolby Atmos app. If it's all set up correctly, and you play a Dolby atmos sound game or demo... great! But what sound are you experiencing when using...
  5. Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV: I have an Xbox One X connected to a QE65Q9FN 4KTV via HDMI lead. The Q9 4KTV in turn is connected to a Samsung HW-N950 via HDMI ARC I have the latest build of the Dolby Atmos app. The Xbox...
  6. Xbox One S - Dolby Atmos not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Dolby Atmos not working: Hi all, My dolby atmos has randomly stopped working my xbox. It was fine, and then suddenly no sound when atmos was selected (and the blue light on my Samsung soundbar wasn't on, so it wasn't...
  7. Dolby atmos output on 4K UHD blu ray movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby atmos output on 4K UHD blu ray movie: Finally managed to find problem, with Dolby atmos output . On Blu Ray settings menu on XBox. Un tick let my reciever decode audio. Atmos is then listed on my Yamaha receiver Hope this helps...
  8. Dolby Atmos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos: Hello. Dolby Atmos isn’t working on my Xbox One X. I change the output to bitstream and then Dolby Atmos in the audio settings but it immediately reverts back to PCM 7.1. I’m in the Alpha ring of...
  9. Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950 Troubleshoot settings In-game audio issues when using Dolby...
  10. Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-K950/XY

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-K950/XY: Hi folks, I have an Xbox One S (in Preview Ring 3) connected to HDMI 1 of my Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar (HW-K950/XY) and the soundbar connected to HDMI 4, which is ARC on my Samsung 4K TV...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox dolby atmos with lg sk9y

2. xbox one dolby atmos samsung tv