dolby atmos on xbox one s

Discus and support dolby atmos on xbox one s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im trying to find out if dolby atmos is enabled on shadow of the tomb raider, rise of the tomb raider, and all of the other atmos games on the xbox one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by darealestwun, Sep 3, 2019.

1. darealestwun
    darealestwun Guest

Im trying to find out if dolby atmos is enabled on shadow of the tomb raider, rise of the tomb raider, and all of the other atmos games on the xbox one that do NOT have it enabled on the base model x box one have it enabled it on the xbox one s. If so i
    will upgrade to the s if all of the games with atmos have it enabled on the s. I dont want to spend for the x just for atmos when a new console is console is coming out in a little over a year.

:)

darealestwun, Sep 3, 2019
  2. baltyofgod Win User

Xbox one s och xbox one x[Xbox one s och xbox one x]

A secure Dolby Atmos format, both on one s and one X
  3. silwenae99 Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I can confirm this bug with the Dolby Atmos app.

My setup: Denon X4200W receiver with Xbox One S.

Atmos works fine in the Dolby Atmos app, Blu-Ray and Netflix (the movie Okja is the only Atmos movie on Netflix). All other Netflix videos and Xbox apps default back to 2.0 down mix as posted above.
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  5. Krudster Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

This is Xbox One specific, and relates to how Dolby Atmos capabilities via Home Cinema amps. They have been compromised by the fact that the Dolby Atmos app version has not kept up with the firmware of numerous current amps from multiple brands.

Since August, it changed from outputting Atmos signals as "Atmos" to to generic "multi Ch in".

Like many others, I mailed Denon, and it is an issue relating to the MAT container embedded in the Dolby Atmos app. We collectively need a definitive answer on when Microsoft and/or Dolby intends to upgrade to 1.6?

The full quite of the Denon explanation is below:

"Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detecting the channel based PCM signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container.
    And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing
    yet:"
  6. JayJoe1 Win User

Xbox One, Dolby Atmos - 3 months since it worked correctly

Dolby Atmos will get static during movies on Netflix, some Dolby Atmos movies on Netflix will not play most of the time. Atmos stays on, but when errors occur resetting the Dolby Access app doesn't help at all. I have also noticed the static sound with
    all bitstream audio, while playing a movies, music or games, and sometimes even in the Xbox One S menus.
Thema:

1. dolby atmos on xbox one s - Similar Threads - dolby atmos

2. Dolby Atmos & Netflix broken on Xbox One (original console) - new thread 6/23/2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos & Netflix broken on Xbox One (original console) - new thread 6/23/2020: MS locked my original thread from 4 months ago, so I'm reposting it again here at their suggestion: Netflix and only Netflix plays poor audio on Atmos titles. Frequent clicks and pops on both...
  3. can not get sound on all speaker when using dolby atmos setting for content that is not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can not get sound on all speaker when using dolby atmos setting for content that is not...: I can not get my rear speaker sound ... I have set a soundbar dolby atmos available, conected to my xbox one s and then to the tv via ARC, when playing content like gear 5 that is native build in...
  4. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos Sound Popping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos Sound Popping: Hello all. Xbox One plugged into my soundbar directly, everything I watch in Atmos makes an audible popping noise regularly and randomly. Changed HDMI cable,No change(yes it is a high speed one)...
  5. You can't use a dolby Atmos enabled sound bar while also having a headset base station BUG.

in XboX Insiders
    You can't use a dolby Atmos enabled sound bar while also having a headset base station BUG.: [IMG] submitted by /u/weed0monkey [link] [comments]
  6. DOLBY ATMOS FOR WIRELESS HEADPHONES?

in XBoX on Consoles
    DOLBY ATMOS FOR WIRELESS HEADPHONES?: I already own Dolby Atmos but I can't get it to load. Again. This is a problem I've had every so often. I can't get it to work at all today. Endlessly going around and around, it says I have to...
  7. Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox: I have an A40 TR w/ MixAmp Pro Headset that came with Dolby Atmos for 24 months and I still have 21 months left. I noticed that my headset is now running on Windows Sonic. When I try clicking...
  8. Netflix Dolby Atmos popping and crackling, distortion even with latest May 2020 updates.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix Dolby Atmos popping and crackling, distortion even with latest May 2020 updates.: I am having random popping and crackling only with Netflix on Xbox One. The Dolby Atmos app demos work perfectly and no crackling. Blu-Ray discs with Atmos work perfectly. This is a...
  9. Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....: Hi, this is about the Dolby Atmos on Xbox being wrong, everything comes up as Atmos, also every game like Rocket League that doesn't use Atmos, resulting in a very small audio delay. Gears 5 uses...
  10. Dolby Atmos Runaround

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos Runaround: I'm am getting the runaround on my Xbox One X when trying to activate Dolby Atmos for Headphones. When I go to General > Volume & audio output > Headset audio and try to switch the Headset format...