Dolby Atmos possible issue

Discus and support Dolby Atmos possible issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone have this issue? Movies are triggering Atmos on my receiver, but games , such as Gears 5 are not. Because movies are triggering it I know it's... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jomar891, Sep 10, 2019.

1. /u/jomar891
    /u/jomar891 Guest

Anyone have this issue? Movies are triggering Atmos on my receiver, but games , such as Gears 5 are not. Because movies are triggering it I know it's not a set up issue. I am a Alpha skip ahead, not sure if that plays into the issue. Really irritating when it seems to work for one but not the other!

submitted by /u/jomar891
    [link] [comments]

/u/jomar891, Sep 10, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Only party audio playing through headset?

Is it possible that you set your sound output for headphones to Dolby Atmos and didn't buy the Dolby Atmos App?

If so, you will be able to try Dolby Atmos through Headphones for 14 days, after which it'll stop working.

You need to switch to basic Stereo or Windows Sonic if you want spatial 3D sound without paying for Dolby Atmos.
  3. kev edin Win User

Dolby atmos question

My lg Dolby atmos sound system shows everything in Dolby atmos, I know there has been a issues with the app.

But I agree not every game supports Dolby atmos đź‘Ť
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

first part of the problem, Dolby Atmos missing in TV Netflix App: the reason why Netflix App on TV don't recognize Dolby Atmos is simple, the TV don't support it, only latest Samsung 4K Q series (like Q90R) have pass trough for ARC HDMI and Dolby Atmos (not
    direct support, only passthrough), and the latest Soundbar (again, Q series) support it without any issue (this latest SoundBar have also a Built-in Game Mode to reduce as much as possible latency).

For example I have a Samsung Q9FN 55" (top 4K Samsung 2018) and no support for Dolby Atmos.

So, as you understand perfectly, the best option is to connect the console (and any other device you desire) directly to the Onkyo 7.1 ampli.

Now the second part of the problem, all upscaled to Dolby Atmos by console.

For this I can't help you because at the moment I have only Dolby Atmos for headphones and is obviously an upmix, a virtual multi speaker on a stereo headphone.

I don't know how work the Dolby Atmos app on console for the multi speaker system, the only idea I have is to try open the App and search for any setting, maybe you can find one to disable the "always upmix to Dolby Atmos" and switch to something like "play
    in Dolby Atmos only Dolby Atmos native content".
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos possible issue - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos possible

2. Help with Atmos & Dolby

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Atmos & Dolby: Hi all, I just update Xbox One to the newest insider update I could get my hands on. I have tried doing everything mentioned in all the forums and still I cannot get my Denon X3600H amp to...
  3. Still no Dolby Atmos for my Onkyo TX NR797

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still no Dolby Atmos for my Onkyo TX NR797: I just saw another thread on this 2 months ago and would like to know if there are any updates coming that will enable Atmos on my games through my receiver. I realized this issue its not just...
  4. DOLBY ATMOS XBOX A DENON NE FONCTIONNE PAS [Mod Translation-DOLBY ATMOS XBOX A DENON DOES...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DOLBY ATMOS XBOX A DENON NE FONCTIONNE PAS [Mod Translation-DOLBY ATMOS XBOX A DENON DOES...: Bonjour alors voila voi problème, J'ai ma XBOX ONE X branché a mon ampli DENON AVR-X2600H en 5.1.2 Et le Dolby Atmos ne fonctionne pas, A chaque fois l'ampli passe sur MULTI IN a la place de...
  5. Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated: Given that the existing thread has just been locked (it was a month old and very active, so why lock it guys?), we need to start this up again. In summary, the current Dolby Atmos App needs to be...
  6. Windows sonic keeps replacing my Dolby Atmos

in XboX Insiders
    Windows sonic keeps replacing my Dolby Atmos: My Dolby Atmos under headset format keeps switching to windows sonic by itself, is there a way to stop it so I don't have to keep switching it back after I turn my Xbox one? submitted by...
  7. Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !: Hi to everyone, Few days ago I just bought an Xbox One Xespecially to have Dolby Atmos on selected games and Dolby Atmos from selected movies on Netflix. I have also an amplituner/receiver...
  8. Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S: Set up is LG 65" TV, Xbox One S, Nakamichi 7.2. Xbox is HDMI to Soundbar. I was able to get Dolby Atmos working fine on my Xbox One S (Apocalypse Now Blu-Ray, Dolby Access App, Mad Max Fury Road...
  9. Unable to Get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision to Work Simultaneously

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision to Work Simultaneously: So I've seen multiple versions of this post but none that quite fit my own. I've yet to get this configured properly for almost 2 years now. My setup consists of the following: TV: Sony A1E...
  10. Dolby atmos question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dolby atmos question: Hello there How can i know that the content being playing is actually dolby atmos supported or not? Basically i connect my xbox one x to my av receiver and i changed the settings to dolby atmos...