Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

Discus and support Dolby Atmos Samsung N950 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently purchased a Samsung N950 soundbar and when I enable the Dolby atmos feature through xbox one x I get an audio lag in my sound. It's a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sidarora1, May 12, 2019.

1. sidarora1
    sidarora1 Guest

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

So I recently purchased a Samsung N950 soundbar and when I enable the Dolby atmos feature through xbox one x I get an audio lag in my sound. It's a less then 1 sec delay on YouTube, Netflix, gaming and actual 4k blu ray movies. I've tried both the lip
    sync feature on the soundbar and my LG C7 but that doesn't solve the problem. I've played around with the wires, tried different hdmi wires and connections. Cleared cache on the blu ray drive, and I even went to Microsoft and they were nice enough to replace
    my entire console. Same issue. When I switch to optical or non Dolby atmos the sound works fine but you lose on the sound immensely and it defeats the purpose of having atmos. But once i install Dolby access and use Dolby atmos, the issue arises. I have cable
    TV, and apple 4k tv and have no issues with sound on those devices, only xbox. I've called Samsung and xbox support and they've had me try a bunch of things but nothing works. Samsung says it's not there product that's faulty it must be the xbox.I'm not sure
    if it's a software patch that needs fixing or if my soundbar just won't be compatible with the console. I've read other forums and notice Dolby atmos issues with all sorts of atmos devices so I guess it's not just Samsung. Was hoping to see if anyone had any
    more tips or advice for the issue. I'm not sure what to do next. Thanks.

:)

sidarora1, May 12, 2019
  2. sidarora1 Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

I've tried multiple hookups. So xbox to my TV and and soundbar to TV via arc is what I have.I also tried xbox to the soundbar direct but it doesn't seem to work at all when I do that. I've played around with the sync settings on both my TV and soundbar.
    If it's an arc issue is that because of the TV itself or the technology?
  3. Singular Apathy Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

Are you directly connecting the soundbar to the Xbox or are you connecting through your TV? It's better to connect to the Xbox and use another HDMI to connect to the TV. Have you changed any sync settings? Alternately, and in general, this problem is an
    HDMI-ARC/CEC issue so it may be an inherent problem with the connection, rather than anything else, in which case there's no fix.
  4. Axis Se7en Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

Im not sure if this will help, did you try these steps? Troubleshooting sound issues with an audio-video receiver

If your Xbox One console is connected to an audio-video receiver that's connected to your television and you have no sound, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn on your devices in the following order. Wait for each device to fully power up before starting the next device:
      1. Television
      2. Audio-video receiver
      3. Xbox One console
    2. Use the “Input” button on your television's remote control (or the buttons on the television) to switch the input source of your receiver away from the console and then back (for example, HDMI1 to HDMI2, then back to HDMI1).
    3. Restart the audio-video receiver.
    4. Set your TV connection to HDMI:
      1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
      2. Select System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output.
      3. Select Video fidelity & overscan.
      4. Under Display, select HDMI.
  5. sidarora1 Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

I receive the sound but with lag. I have done this step with my soundbar but with no resolution in the lag. I've reset the devices, restarted them as well, hard and soft restarts, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, still no luck.
  6. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950

Its problems with Atmos on home theatre that is the problem not headphones.

The Xbox doesn't seem to recognise the soundbar's (Samsung HW-N950) Atmos capability when plugged into my TV (Samsung 65' Q9FN)
Thema:

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

1. Dolby Atmos Samsung N950 - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Samsung

2. Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:: Hi, Yesterday I purchased a Plantronics RIG 100HX for Xbox One microphone. I run my Xbox One X audio via a Yamaha RX-A2050 receiver to speakers, with Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos HDMI on Xbox audio...
  3. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos error 0x80bd0009

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos error 0x80bd0009: Hey, I’m really hoping someone can help me with this as I’ve spent all weekend trying to get this to work and am yet to hear Dolby Atmos. I just bought a Samsung Q9FN, Samsung hwn850 and Xbox...
  4. Xbox One X and Lg Sk8y soundbar Dolby atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X and Lg Sk8y soundbar Dolby atmos: so I have an Xbox one X and an Lg sk8y soundbar that supports atmos. I have it ran to my TCl R615 through the hdmi arc and the xbox one x plugged into the tv. I cant pickup atmos for some reason,...
  5. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos problem: So I have an Xbox One X with an Elite controller. I am using them with a Samsung QLED TV and the K950 Soundbar that uses 4K passthrough to run Dolby Atmos. The sound is amazing for games and...
  6. Dolby Atmos issues

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos issues: Have reported this through my console several times and still having issues with Dolby Atmos to my home theatre. All backwards compatible tiles have audio stutter, pops and click. Some none Atmos...
  7. Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV: I have an Xbox One X connected to a QE65Q9FN 4KTV via HDMI lead. The Q9 4KTV in turn is connected to a Samsung HW-N950 via HDMI ARC I have the latest build of the Dolby Atmos app. The Xbox...
  8. Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950 Troubleshoot settings In-game audio issues when using Dolby...
  9. Dolby Atmos on Xbox and Samsung TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on Xbox and Samsung TV: I have an xbox one s, Samsung un65mu800D, and an LG SK9Y soundbar. The xbox is connected to the tv over hdmi. The tv is then connected to the sound bar through hdmi arc. When I try to enable Dolby...
  10. Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-K950/XY

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-K950/XY: Hi folks, I have an Xbox One S (in Preview Ring 3) connected to HDMI 1 of my Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar (HW-K950/XY) and the soundbar connected to HDMI 4, which is ARC on my Samsung 4K TV...