Dolby Atmos setting for headphones setting only worked once; no longer works

Discus and support Dolby Atmos setting for headphones setting only worked once; no longer works in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Dolby Atmos for headphones setting no longer works; it gives me an error code when I try to select this option and tells me to check my receiver... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Speedster996, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Speedster996
    Speedster996 Guest

The Dolby Atmos for headphones setting no longer works; it gives me an error code when I try to select this option and tells me to check my receiver even though I'm connected to my pad through earphones. I looked up the error code and it registers nothing

It worked seamlessly after installing the app for the first time and played Horizon 3 for a good hour along with watching YT clips. However, after launching FM6, I did leave my session running in the background and had exited to dash. When I got back in the
    game, it was just a blank screen and the console auto-restarted.

It has stopped working since. I'm using a pair of A4Tech earphones but I do not think that's the issue.

Can you guys please check if this wonderful option is working for you with headphones?

:)

Speedster996, Jun 15, 2017
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

When you go to the settings under Display&Sound, do you have the console set up to also play game sound through the headphones? If so, do you use any spatial surround modes like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for headphones?

If you set it to Dolby Atmos for Headphones, did you actually purchase Dolby Atmos for headphones? If not, you could only try Dolby Atmos for headphones for two weeks. So check the settings if the headphones work with Stereo or Windows Sonic.

Arminator, Jun 15, 2017
  3. HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE)

Thank you Maka i appreciate the honesy. PS: Windows Sonic for headphones setting is compared to Dolby Atmos.

Spliff Second, Jun 15, 2017
  4. Speedster996
    Speedster996 Guest

Wow - anyone alive for miles around?! This is still the official Xbox forum, correct?

Insider Preview page has release notes on windowscentral.com that say the Dolby Atmos issues were addressed on June 14 in the Alpha Ring.

Any idea when the July system update will be coming? Dolby Atmos is just so good on stereo headsets and speakers but pity that it only works after a fresh install of the DA app. Also, the half to one second audio lag is annoying.

Speedster996, Jul 4, 2017
  5. Speedster996 Win User

Wow - anyone alive for miles around?! This is still the official Xbox forum, correct?

Insider Preview page has release notes on windowscentral.com that say the Dolby Atmos issues were addressed on June 14 in the Alpha Ring.

Any idea when the July system update will be coming? Dolby Atmos is just so good on stereo headsets and speakers but pity that it only works after a fresh install of the DA app. Also, the half to one second audio lag is annoying.
  6. Arminator Win User

Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

When you go to the settings under Display&Sound, do you have the console set up to also play game sound through the headphones? If so, do you use any spatial surround modes like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for headphones?

If you set it to Dolby Atmos for Headphones, did you actually purchase Dolby Atmos for headphones? If not, you could only try Dolby Atmos for headphones for two weeks. So check the settings if the headphones work with Stereo or Windows Sonic.
  7. Arminator Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
  8. Arminator Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
  9. Arminator Win User

Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets

Can you try plugging the Razer into a "normal" audio device like a MP3 player or your smartphone and play music through the headset?

Does that work?

If that works, try to plug the headset into a different controller if you have one.

In the console settings, go to "Display & Sound" and in the audio settings, make sure that audio output through headphones is selected. Also make sure, that you have selected "Stereo" or "Windows Sonic" as sound output, unless you have actually paid money
    in the Dolby Atmos app.

If you just downloaded the Dolby Atmos App, and didn't pay them for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, the audio output will stop working after 14 days.

You can then either purchase Dolby Atmos for Headphones, or switch to Windows Sonic, which does basically the same: giving you spatial 3D surround sound via headphones. For free.
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos setting for headphones setting only worked once; no longer works - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos setting

2. Dolby atmos para auriculares falla descarga en xbox one x *Mod Translation* Dolby Atmos...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby atmos para auriculares falla descarga en xbox one x *Mod Translation* Dolby Atmos...: Hola buenos días a todos. Mi problema es el siguiente: Puedo bajar la aplicación de la tienda xbox sin problemas pero cuando tengo que descargar, esto dice q ha ocurrido un error al descargar...
  3. Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos: Hace unos minutos... compre dolby atmos y al intentar cambiar el audio de los audifonos a dolby atmos me dice que hubo un problema con esta configuracion, asegurate que el receptor de audio tenga...
  4. Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950 Troubleshoot settings In-game audio issues when using Dolby...
  5. Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos: My son has Plantronic headphones which came with dolby atmos. We have an asus gaming monitor. We now cant get any sound from the monitor. Does this mean we can only use headphones or set up...
  6. Dolby Atmos for headphones broken- Error Code 0x80bd0009

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones broken- Error Code 0x80bd0009: I set up my LucidSound wireless headset last night and have found major issues with the Dolby Atmos for headphones set up. First of all it would not let me select Atmos for headphones and I kept...
  7. Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings: I've looked far and wide and can not find a definitive answer: I'm using a regular stereo headset (no processing) connected to an Xbox Controller. I also have Windows Sonic selected in the...
  8. Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS: Hi have a sony led tv 4k and sony ht-st-5000 sound bar dolby atmos etc I have my xbox one x HDMI lead connect from the xb1 to the TV and HMDI lead from the LED TV going to sound bar for sound or...
  9. Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS: Hello, I have problem to set up DOLBY atmos via xboxone S. I have connected xbox one S to TVsamsung UE50NU7452UXXH via HDMI and then connected soundbar Sony HT-XF9000 to TV via ARC HDMI. When I go...
  10. how to set up dolby atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to set up dolby atmos: i am part of the xbox one insider programe and i dont have the setting enable my av reciver to play audio a427a466-f228-4fe8-bc77-f0d231fbef2e