Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x

Discus and support Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I bought Dolby atmos some time ago. All was good and working without any problems, yesterday I noticed Dolby has stopped working and the app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LukaszK-, Sep 25, 2019.

1. LukaszK-
    LukaszK- Guest

Hello I bought Dolby atmos some time ago. All was good and working without any problems, yesterday I noticed Dolby has stopped working and the app dolby acces on xbox do not see my headset. I have been sitting on this issue for two days tried every solution
    I have found on Youtube and internet and dolby doesn't work My headset is absolutely fine works without any problems Turtle elite 800x wireless

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/91aa4c/dolby_atmos_for_headphones_still_not_working/

:)

LukaszK-, Sep 25, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets

Can you try plugging the Razer into a "normal" audio device like a MP3 player or your smartphone and play music through the headset?

Does that work?

If that works, try to plug the headset into a different controller if you have one.

In the console settings, go to "Display & Sound" and in the audio settings, make sure that audio output through headphones is selected. Also make sure, that you have selected "Stereo" or "Windows Sonic" as sound output, unless you have actually paid money
    in the Dolby Atmos app.

If you just downloaded the Dolby Atmos App, and didn't pay them for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, the audio output will stop working after 14 days.

You can then either purchase Dolby Atmos for Headphones, or switch to Windows Sonic, which does basically the same: giving you spatial 3D surround sound via headphones. For free.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Only party audio playing through headset?

Is it possible that you set your sound output for headphones to Dolby Atmos and didn't buy the Dolby Atmos App?

If so, you will be able to try Dolby Atmos through Headphones for 14 days, after which it'll stop working.

You need to switch to basic Stereo or Windows Sonic if you want spatial 3D sound without paying for Dolby Atmos.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Atmos problem

If you’re plugging stereo headsets into your controller or your console for the first time, your headset format defaults to
    Stereo uncompressed. You can use spatial sound with any headset by using one of the following:

Windows Sonic
    – This is the spatial sound setting Microsoft offers for an immersive headset experience. Plug any stereo headset into your controller or plug in an Xbox wireless accessory to your console before changing your headset setting to
    Windows Sonic for Headphones.

Dolby Atmos for Headphones – Dolby Atmos for Headphones is a premium headset audio format that works with all headsets. If you’d rather use Dolby Atmos for Headphones, choose this setting
    under Headset audio. You can learn more about Dolby Atmos for Headphones in the app.

To change headset audio settings:

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide and select System > Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound > Audio output.
    3. Choose one of the headset audio options.
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos stopped

2. Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games

in XboX Insiders
    Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games: Hello, I’m using the Dolby Atmos with an external Soundbar. The issue is that by default I have an input lag only in Dolby Atmos, caused by the TV itself. I found a way to fix it by enabling...
  3. Dolby Atmos for home theatre

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for home theatre: Does the xbox require eARC for Dolby Atmos for home theatre to work? I have the sonos arc and have it plugged into hdmi Arc. However i cannot select dolby atmos for home theatre....
  4. Will the new Xbox Series X be able to play Dolby Atmos for Apps other then games like Kody?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the new Xbox Series X be able to play Dolby Atmos for Apps other then games like Kody?: Hi, I just noticed the new Xbox X will be here in november. This is great news. I do have one question. The current Xbox one X does dolby atmos but only for games and not for apps like kodi. Will...
  5. Dolby Atmos no longer working properly with the latest update in alpha Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos no longer working properly with the latest update in alpha Ring: Since the latest insider alpha ring update September 5, Dolby Atmos seems unstable. Before this update, my XB1X always output Atmos in games and menus the audio was stable. Since last night...
  6. DTS:X is a new option in my headset audio list. Is this Dolby Atmos related? Another new...

in XboX Insiders
    DTS:X is a new option in my headset audio list. Is this Dolby Atmos related? Another new...: Just noticed today. Really don't know since when it appeared. submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  7. Dolby Atmos for Headphones not working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones not working!: Hello, Like everyone else on here, I too am having issues with my Dolby Atmos for my headphones not working. The last known update totally wiped out my use for my Dolby Atmos soundbar to not...
  8. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos magically stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos magically stopped working: So I'm getting rather fed up with the Xbox and its continuing problems random issues constantly occuring. I Installed Dolby Atmos in my home theater the other day and the amp ( Marantz 7011) was...
  9. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos stopped working.: Hi everyone, just recently boaght an xbox one x and ive been loving the Atmos sound however i turned on my console today and discovered that the Atmos isnt working. Ive tried flicking through the...
  10. Dolby Atmos on xbox one suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on xbox one suddenly stopped working: Hi, I have a somewhat wierd problem. My problem is that i have a soundbar that supports dolby digital sound. It worked fine for 2 months until today. I can get sound from the xbox one through the...