Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x

Discus and support Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I bought Dolby atmos some time ago. All was good and working without any problems, yesterday I noticed Dolby has stopped working and the app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LukaszK-, Sep 25, 2019.

1. LukaszK-
    LukaszK- Guest

Hello I bought Dolby atmos some time ago. All was good and working without any problems, yesterday I noticed Dolby has stopped working and the app dolby acces on xbox do not see my headset. I have been sitting on this issue for two days tried every solution
    I have found on Youtube and internet and dolby doesn't work My headset is absolutely fine works without any problems Turtle elite 800x wireless

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/91aa4c/dolby_atmos_for_headphones_still_not_working/

:)

LukaszK-, Sep 25, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Only party audio playing through headset?

Is it possible that you set your sound output for headphones to Dolby Atmos and didn't buy the Dolby Atmos App?

If so, you will be able to try Dolby Atmos through Headphones for 14 days, after which it'll stop working.

You need to switch to basic Stereo or Windows Sonic if you want spatial 3D sound without paying for Dolby Atmos.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets

Can you try plugging the Razer into a "normal" audio device like a MP3 player or your smartphone and play music through the headset?

Does that work?

If that works, try to plug the headset into a different controller if you have one.

In the console settings, go to "Display & Sound" and in the audio settings, make sure that audio output through headphones is selected. Also make sure, that you have selected "Stereo" or "Windows Sonic" as sound output, unless you have actually paid money
    in the Dolby Atmos app.

If you just downloaded the Dolby Atmos App, and didn't pay them for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, the audio output will stop working after 14 days.

You can then either purchase Dolby Atmos for Headphones, or switch to Windows Sonic, which does basically the same: giving you spatial 3D surround sound via headphones. For free.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Atmos problem

If you’re plugging stereo headsets into your controller or your console for the first time, your headset format defaults to
    Stereo uncompressed. You can use spatial sound with any headset by using one of the following:

Windows Sonic
    – This is the spatial sound setting Microsoft offers for an immersive headset experience. Plug any stereo headset into your controller or plug in an Xbox wireless accessory to your console before changing your headset setting to
    Windows Sonic for Headphones.

Dolby Atmos for Headphones – Dolby Atmos for Headphones is a premium headset audio format that works with all headsets. If you’d rather use Dolby Atmos for Headphones, choose this setting
    under Headset audio. You can learn more about Dolby Atmos for Headphones in the app.

To change headset audio settings:

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide and select System > Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound > Audio output.
    3. Choose one of the headset audio options.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos stopped

2. Dolby Atmos is fixed!

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos is fixed!: Idk if it has been posted but Dolby Atmos was updated. submitted by /u/Tripps117 [link] [comments]
  3. Dolby Atmos Upmixing switch

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos Upmixing switch: It seems a bunch of people across all insider levels have upmixing available as a switch , care to share your geo and rings? submitted by /u/ThomasJohann [link] [comments]
  4. Disney+ : Dolby Vision & Atmos

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ : Dolby Vision & Atmos: Dolby Vision detected but unable to load content with a error message. Disabling Dolby Vision then playing content works with HDR10 perfectly fine. Dolby Atmos supported via Disney+ but unable to...
  5. When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated?: Hi, Back in August i lost use of dolby atmos on my denon amp, it changed from at mos to multi in. After speaking to denon it turns out that the issue is due to microsoft not updating to the...
  6. Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC: Hi guys I need your help as this is driving me crazy at the moment :D I have a Lip Sync issue with my Xbox one X configured in Atmos and my Sasmung HW-Q90R soundbar, both connected via HDMI ARC...
  7. Dolby Atmos for headphones Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones Xbox one X: Hello, im trying to enable dolby atmos for headphones on my xbox one x. when i launch the app it says to set up by turning it on for headphones by going into the audio settings and selecting...
  8. Does Dolby Atmos Upmix still exists ??

in XboX Insiders
    Does Dolby Atmos Upmix still exists ??: I know that Dolby Atmos Upmix was in the preview Programm but I never tested it myself and doesn’t Heard anything about it since a couple months. submitted by /u/IxReadyToKillxI [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos stopped working.: Hi everyone, just recently boaght an xbox one x and ive been loving the Atmos sound however i turned on my console today and discovered that the Atmos isnt working. Ive tried flicking through the...
  10. Dolby Atmos on xbox one suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on xbox one suddenly stopped working: Hi, I have a somewhat wierd problem. My problem is that i have a soundbar that supports dolby digital sound. It worked fine for 2 months until today. I can get sound from the xbox one through the...