Dolby Atmos upmix settings

Discus and support Dolby Atmos upmix settings in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Beta Ring, When will the Dolby Atmos upmixing ‘settings' be available ? It was announced in Feb. submitted by /u/ThomasJohann [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ThomasJohann, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Dolby Atmos upmix settings

Beta Ring, When will the Dolby Atmos upmixing ‘settings' be available ? It was announced in Feb.

submitted by /u/ThomasJohann
    [link] [comments]

/u/ThomasJohann, Aug 31, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  3. JosiahB88 Win User

Dolby Atmos Download Question

Perfect! Thank you very much! Last question. Does the Dolby Atmos app for Xbox upscale/upmix all audio for headphones?
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

first part of the problem, Dolby Atmos missing in TV Netflix App: the reason why Netflix App on TV don't recognize Dolby Atmos is simple, the TV don't support it, only latest Samsung 4K Q series (like Q90R) have pass trough for ARC HDMI and Dolby Atmos (not
    direct support, only passthrough), and the latest Soundbar (again, Q series) support it without any issue (this latest SoundBar have also a Built-in Game Mode to reduce as much as possible latency).

For example I have a Samsung Q9FN 55" (top 4K Samsung 2018) and no support for Dolby Atmos.

So, as you understand perfectly, the best option is to connect the console (and any other device you desire) directly to the Onkyo 7.1 ampli.

Now the second part of the problem, all upscaled to Dolby Atmos by console.

For this I can't help you because at the moment I have only Dolby Atmos for headphones and is obviously an upmix, a virtual multi speaker on a stereo headphone.

I don't know how work the Dolby Atmos app on console for the multi speaker system, the only idea I have is to try open the App and search for any setting, maybe you can find one to disable the "always upmix to Dolby Atmos" and switch to something like "play
    in Dolby Atmos only Dolby Atmos native content".
  5. Red264 Win User

Xbox One X sound to audio receiver

You can buy HDMI ARC converter boxes on Amazon that will enable HDMI-ARC on old sound systems, they are essentially dummy sound systems that pose as an ARC receiver then pass the audio to the sound system plugged in at the other end.

Be aware that HDMI-ARC is no different from optical, it only supports PCM 2.0 (stereo) Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1, thats all you get. If you desire HD audio formats or PCM 7.1 you need a 4K/HDR compatible sound system.

Dolby Atmos is buggy on Xbox because of the way the Xbox audio engine works, MS have an audio upmixer that merges the system UI sounds with audio streams but this does not play well when bitstreaming Atmos. Which on a technical level is handing off the audio
    from Xbox to the sound system to decode so you can see why their upmixer causes all sorts of problems. There really should be a toggle in the audio settings to disable the upmixer (thereby muting system audio) when using Atmos or bitstreaming Blu-ray/Movie/TV
    audio in general.

Atmos is not designed for gaming in short.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
Thema:

Dolby Atmos upmix settings

1. Dolby Atmos upmix settings - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos upmix

2. Dolby Atmos Needs Fixed by Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos Needs Fixed by Xbox: Okay Xbox i just received this from the Dolby support team. So please please please get this feedback to the right people and make your support team aware so people know whats going on and xbox...
  3. Dolby atmos still switches to windows sonic

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby atmos still switches to windows sonic: I have turtle beach stealth 700s fully wireless and I have atoms and every so often it will switch from atmos to sonic and also the equalizer in the Dolby app switches off submitted by...
  4. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos magically stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos magically stopped working: So I'm getting rather fed up with the Xbox and its continuing problems random issues constantly occuring. I Installed Dolby Atmos in my home theater the other day and the amp ( Marantz 7011) was...
  5. Dolby Atmos channel upmixer is here!

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos channel upmixer is here!: [IMG] submitted by /u/ThatFreelance [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos Upmixing switch

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos Upmixing switch: It seems a bunch of people across all insider levels have upmixing available as a switch , care to share your geo and rings? submitted by /u/ThomasJohann [link] [comments]
  7. Does Dolby Atmos Upmix still exists ??

in XboX Insiders
    Does Dolby Atmos Upmix still exists ??: I know that Dolby Atmos Upmix was in the preview Programm but I never tested it myself and doesn’t Heard anything about it since a couple months. submitted by /u/IxReadyToKillxI [link] [comments]
  8. I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting

in XboX Insiders
    I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting: I'm on the Alpha Channel. I might be going bananas, but I'm 90% confident that Dolby Upmixing has been enabled on the console in the absence of any settings toggle. I first noticed this while...
  9. Which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing and how to check?

in XboX Insiders
    Which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing and how to check?: Does anyone know which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing? Is there a way to check if I have Dolby Atmos Upmixing in my Xbox? submitted by /u/MSPatricio [link] [comments]
  10. Dolby atmos upmix?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby atmos upmix?: Whats the latest on this? Is this still only on alpha, and if so when may it go more widespread? submitted by /u/mikaveli06 [link] [comments]