Dolby Vision Gaming works on all recent HDMI 2.1 LG TV’s at 120 FPS on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Dolby Vision Gaming works on all recent HDMI 2.1 LG TV’s at 120 FPS on Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a LG Nano 85/86, LG hasn’t pushed any update yet for 2020 TV’s but I can assure you that all of them are able to run games with Dolby Vision at... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/-Noctury, Sep 28, 2021.

1. /u/-Noctury
    /u/-Noctury Guest

Dolby Vision Gaming works on all recent HDMI 2.1 LG TV’s at 120 FPS on Xbox Series X

I have a LG Nano 85/86, LG hasn’t pushed any update yet for 2020 TV’s but I can assure you that all of them are able to run games with Dolby Vision at 120Hz.

If you set your console at 60 frames, launch Ori for example the game will disable 120Hz at first, go back in the settings enable 120Hz launch the game it will run with Dolby Vision still and you will now be able to set it at 120FPS in the settings.

While playing you will feel the difference in smoothness with the game now running again at 120Hz while keeping DolbyVision.

Thank you to Xbox for providing this and Quick Resume, this offers recent TV owners the option to run their 2.1 TV’s at best despite the fact that LG is trying to make their 2020/2021 NanoCell TV’s obsolete in favor of CX and C1.

This trick works on every game running at 120Hz like Call of Duty, Halo, Gears etc, all will be able to run at 4K 120Hz with Dolby Vision Gaming even for the LG C9 which came out in 2019 !

Why ? Because all these TV’s have the software and bandwith to make it happen, only LG’s refusing to push out updates outside of CX and C1 models.

Have a great day and enjoy Dolby Vision Gaming at 4K 120 FPS !

submitted by /u/-Noctury
    [link] [comments]

/u/-Noctury, Sep 28, 2021
  2. cpt sheridan Win User

Xbox series s

To a degree you don't need a tv that supports HDMI 2.1 to play supported games 120 FPS.

I bought a 4k/HDR LG tv about three years ago and it's HMDI 2.0 but it doesn't support 120FPS at 4k but if I went into the settings of my Xbox Series S and X and changed the resolution from 4k to 1080p I can then set FPS to 120 as my consoles tell me I can play 120 FPS games at 1080p.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

: Xbox serie x 120 FPS TV Samsung 55TU8005

hi i would like to have 120 fps on my tv with my serie x , i take yu a screenshot of settings tv, i dont understand why in settings xbox they dont proposed 120 fps at 4k but i can play 120 fps at 1080p ?
    You won't get 120 fps on that TV, as it's only a 60hz display, 60hz = 60 fps at most

To get up to 120 fps at 4K, you need a TV that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1 ports and again your TV only has HDMI 2.0 ports, but most games on the Series X are locked to 60 fps at 4K,

Something like the LG CX is the best TV to get at the moment, and that's a TV that can go 4K at 120hz,

A 60hz display = up to a maximum of 60 fps

A 120hz display = up to a maximum of 120 fps.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox series s

Basically, the series S support up to 120 FPS; therefore, please make sure that the TV supports HDMI 2.1.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X

The spec's of the LG 27GN950 monitor has been revealed and the monitor will only have HDMI 2.0, which now makes it useless for the Xbox Series X as it will only allow it to run the display at 4K 60Hz over HDMI 2.0, than the 4K 120Hz that can be done over
    HDMI 2.1.

I've now abandoned the LG monitor for not having HDMI 2.1, and I'm now looking towards getting the EVE monitor.

The EVE SPECTRUM is now the only choice at the moment as a 4K 144hz monitor with HDMI 2.1 and it will be perfect for the Series X to get 4K at 120Hz.
    None of that makes a much of a difference as you WON'T be playing any AAA games at 4K at 120 FPS. A 4K 120Hz display won't make a blind bit of difference if a game is locked at 60 fps. And many of the launch games will still be 30 fps games.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
Thema:

1. Dolby Vision Gaming works on all recent HDMI 2.1 LG TV’s at 120 FPS on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Dolby Vision Gaming

2. newest skip ahead i had to uncheck dolby vision gaming series x kept crashing

in XboX Insiders
    newest skip ahead i had to uncheck dolby vision gaming series x kept crashing: on my LGCX with DVG checked every time i boot my xbox and load a game my xbox would hard reboot . submitted by /u/McNuttyNutz [link] [comments]
  3. [Alpha Skip-Ahead] Dolby Vision not engaging in any games at all, despite apparently being...

in XboX Insiders
    [Alpha Skip-Ahead] Dolby Vision not engaging in any games at all, despite apparently being...: I remember about 2 months ago when I first joined this ring the dolby vision functioned as expected, but for the past month it hasn't worked at all despite the supposed dolby vision update today....
  4. LG C9 OLED Dolby Vision gaming XBOX colors washed out

in XboX Insiders
    LG C9 OLED Dolby Vision gaming XBOX colors washed out: When I enable Dolby Vision the default setting of the LG C9 for Dolby gaming has the color value at 55. Compared to the HDR setting at this color value the picture is horrible. It is completely...
  5. Dolby Vision and Game Mode on TCL Tv

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Game Mode on TCL Tv: I upgraded to the insider beta a while back because I wanted to try out Dolby Vision gaming. I started to play MCC and realized that the game didn't look good. I had game mode turned on my tv. I...
  6. Dolby vision for game still only in beta ?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby vision for game still only in beta ?: Hello, The dolby vision for games not is enable for normal user on xbox series x ? Thanks submitted by /u/Man_of_mistery [link] [comments]
  7. Dolby Vision Gaming and the new 4k UI?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision Gaming and the new 4k UI?: Is Dolby Vision gaming and the new 4k dashboard both working together in any current release? did they updated the alpha (skip ahead) with dv working again or is it still broken and reverts do HDR...
  8. Dolby vision gaming omega level.

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby vision gaming omega level.: Hey guys, as the title states I am currently in omega ring on insider waiting to go delta, I see in the omega patch notes from august 14th that there are notes about Dolby vision gaming. I have a...
  9. "Dolby Vision for Gaming resumes flighting..." - Is there any technical difference now that...

in XboX Insiders
    "Dolby Vision for Gaming resumes flighting..." - Is there any technical difference now that...: I'm mainly curious because of this new information concerning input lag. submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  10. Alpha Skip Ahead Dolby Vision Gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead Dolby Vision Gaming: So I have a LG C1 OLED and my Xbox is updated to the current alpha skip ahead build. When I play auto hdr or hdr games the dolby vision badge us not appearing im only getting the hdr badge. I have...