Dolby Vision no longer works in Vudu app

Discus and support Dolby Vision no longer works in Vudu app in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I normally watch movies in the Vudu app because the Movies & TV app doesn't support Dolby Vision. After today's build Dolby Vision no longer works in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/squimjay, Nov 10, 2020.

1. /u/squimjay
    /u/squimjay Guest

I normally watch movies in the Vudu app because the Movies & TV app doesn't support Dolby Vision. After today's build Dolby Vision no longer works in the Vudu app, instead it plays using HDR and more often than not the screen is black with audio only. Dolby Vision is still working in Netflix and Disney+, so it is only an issue in Vudu.

I've been trying, unsuccessfully for over 30 minutes to report the problem, but the reporting app crashes or hangs.

EDIT: I finally was able to successfully create a problem report.

submitted by /u/squimjay
    [link] [comments]

/u/squimjay, Nov 10, 2020
  2. KNIGHTWING X Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

The system supports Dolby Vision in certain streaming apps like Netflix, Disney +, and Vudu, but it's not yet supporting playback of 4k discs with Dolby Vision through the blu-ray app. Hopefully they will eventually patch an update to do so. But currently,
    it does NOT.
  3. KNIGHTWING X Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

You're welcome. I am constantly looking to see updates on when Microsoft will patch the Xbox's Blu-ray App to support Dolby Vision encoded 4K discs. I've become obsessed with how good Dolby Vision looks, for material that was originally filmed in the
    Dolby Vision format. I found your question doing just that, and know there is confusion about it. You kinda have to be a audio/videophile to know for sure what works. I can't wait to watch my discs in Dolby Vision, but for now, since almost everything comes
    with a digital copy, I stream my purchased movie library on Vudu so I can view them in Dolby Vision. It'll have to do for now... but I'm not happy about it. Netflix's support for Dolby Vision has been fantastic, but it's output on the Xbox is forced into an
    "always on" display setting. Also, Atmos had been working well over Netflix on the Xbox, but for more than the last month, if you play content with Atmos on Netflix, it gives you an error. Simply won't play back. I dunno why this started happening, since
    it used to work fine, but they will eventually iron it out to work again. Just thought I'd drop that heads up, too.
  4. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

Of course the Blu-Ray disks I'm using are UHD and have Dolby Vision.

Dolby Vision is enabled on Xbox One X settings, TV HDMI ports are in Enhanced mode (4:4:4 4K/UHD HDR 60Hz), and the TV test (that can be found inside Xbox menu) returns all green ticks for my Xbox-to-TV connection.

As said, Dolby Vision works with all streaming apps... but not when playing Blu-Ray UHD Dolby Vision disks.
  5. General Cintron Win User

DOLBY VISION 4K BLU-RAY

I don't want to have to buy a standalone Dolby Vision Player just to watch movies. It was in the works when it was first announced. While it's nice to have Dolby Vision on streaming apps it would be nice to have this feature on physical media too.
  6. Eric Palmer2000 Win User

When will Xbox one X Blu-ray player app support Dolby Vision?

Yea, I assume its a must add feature. Like everything else runs dolby vision on the xbox, I wonder why its taking longer for it to come to the Blu-ray app?
Thema:

1. Dolby Vision no longer works in Vudu app - Similar Threads - Dolby Vision longer

2. Anyone Experiencing Input Lag with Dolby Vision on LG TVs?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone Experiencing Input Lag with Dolby Vision on LG TVs?: Curious if there’s anyone running an LG B7a with DV and experiencing input lag. Last week I was playing Halo Reach with DV game mode on and was experiencing horrendous lag. I found out that I was...
  3. Which ring is dolby vision 120hz active on?

in XboX Insiders
    Which ring is dolby vision 120hz active on?: I'm in the beta ring but only have access to 60hz. submitted by /u/MJR_XCI [link] [comments]
  4. Dolby Vision not working anymore for Forza Horizon 4. What happened? It had one of the best...

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision not working anymore for Forza Horizon 4. What happened? It had one of the best...: Was this planned or it's a known issue? submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  5. Dolby Vision and Game Mode on TCL Tv

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Game Mode on TCL Tv: I upgraded to the insider beta a while back because I wanted to try out Dolby Vision gaming. I started to play MCC and realized that the game didn't look good. I had game mode turned on my tv. I...
  6. Dolby Vision stopped working on Halo MCC for no reason? It just goes to HDR now.

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision stopped working on Halo MCC for no reason? It just goes to HDR now.: I’ve trued restarting many times to no avail. submitted by /u/JuniperChaos [link] [comments]
  7. Dolby Vision for gaming no longer working?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision for gaming no longer working?: Anybody else having this problem? Seems it started sometime today; it’s working in the Dolby Access app so I assume it’s not affecting media, I’m in Alpha Skip Ahead by the way submitted by...
  8. no longer able to get HDR or dolby vision for gaming on vizio TV

in XboX Insiders
    no longer able to get HDR or dolby vision for gaming on vizio TV: noticed this morning i am no longer able to get dolby vision or hdr for gaming. it shows it as good for watching movies. verified both my series x systems in the insider program are showing this....
  9. LG C1 XSX 4k 120hz Dolby vision no longer showing in tv details screen.

in XboX Insiders
    LG C1 XSX 4k 120hz Dolby vision no longer showing in tv details screen.: Earlier this year there was a toggle check mark box that was presented In the t.v details screen and it no Longer is there. I was looking into the new LG C1 update today and found this issue and...
  10. Prime Video no longer playing Dolby Vision in Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Prime Video no longer playing Dolby Vision in Alpha Skip Ahead: I honestly don't watch shows on Prime that often anymore, so I'm not entirely sure when this might have started, but it seems I can't get Amazon Prime Video to stream in Dolby Vision anymore in...