Don't Trust the Microsoft Warranty!

Discus and support Don't Trust the Microsoft Warranty! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My story is a cautionary tale that as of yet still needs to be resolved. When I bought my Xbox One at the end of last year, the system after a couple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LLMDaddy, Aug 12, 2014.

1. LLMDaddy
    LLMDaddy Guest

My story is a cautionary tale that as of yet still needs to be resolved. When I bought my Xbox One at the end of last year, the system after a couple weeks began having disk read issues. I contacted Microsot Support and sent my console off for repairs. In
    a few weeks I received a console back. It wasn't my original console, it was a different One. I checked the Serial number on the console and compared it to the number they had entered into the system, it was different. Apparently they were going to send me
    a different console, but they sent me the wrong one based on serial numbers they had entered. I plugged the console in only to find out that the One they had shipped me had trouble powering on. It would try to start up, then shut itself down. Sometimes it
    wouldn't start for an entire day, so I contacted Microsoft and sent this console off. In a few weeks, I received the same console with the same serial number, and wouldn't you know it, it still had power on issues. So I contacted Microsoft and sent it off
    yet again. In another few weeks (last Friday), I received a different console. Everything worked fantastic...until two days later on Sunday. The disk drive started making a loud whirring noise and almost entirely stopped reading the disks. Now the console
    that I just received Friday is having trouble reading disks and frankly, with the sounds its making has me worried its going to scratch my $60 games. I'm waiting to hear back from Microsoft...again, to find out what they want to do next. Since the end of December,
    I have had to ship my console off for almost 3 months worth of time, I've spent $30 at Fed Ex to make sure the consoles were packaged appropriately, and I still have yet to receive a working console. If you buy the Xbox One, buy the store warranty. Save yourself
    the trouble of having to trust Microsoft's repair center. Hopefully I'll here something today.

:)

LLMDaddy, Aug 12, 2014
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Only 1 year of garantee? Microsoft does not trust its own products

A 1 year warranty is pretty common on electronics like consoles. I don't see how it means Microsoft does not trust their products.

Smwutches, Aug 12, 2014
  3. Warranty on my Xbox One Controller

Thanks for your help, I find it sad that Microsoft don't even trust enough their controllers to put a longer warranty on it. I mean I paid mine 50€, it's not supposed to be broken 6 months after.

By the way I live in Europe, don't you think European laws force Microsoft to replace it during 2 years ?

BrebisMusique87, Aug 12, 2014
  4. Smwutches Win User

Only 1 year of garantee? Microsoft does not trust its own products

A 1 year warranty is pretty common on electronics like consoles. I don't see how it means Microsoft does not trust their products.
  5. BrebisMusique87 Win User

Warranty on my Xbox One Controller

Controllers usually have a 90 day warranty.
    Thanks for your help, I find it sad that Microsoft don't even trust enough their controllers to put a longer warranty on it. I mean I paid mine 50€, it's not supposed to be broken 6 months after.

By the way I live in Europe, don't you think European laws force Microsoft to replace it during 2 years ?
  6. angelgamer85 Win User

$1 for one month/bait and switch?

Same thing happened to me. Bottom line, don't trust Microsoft.
  7. Whagi Win User

XBOX ONE Extended Warranty

I really hope that Microsoft have got it all right this time around. I'm sure they have learnt a lot of valuable lessons from the launch of the 360. In that respect, I'm going to trust them and not get an extended warranty.
  8. JustinDirtyGold Win User

Coins

They are correct, only buy from reputable trusted companies, such as Microsoft, don't purchase from third-party sites.
Thema:

1. Don't Trust the Microsoft Warranty! - Similar Threads - Don't Trust Microsoft

2. 5 minutes to move 4 Apps between hard drives or a Tutorial if you don't know how to.

in XboX Insiders
    5 minutes to move 4 Apps between hard drives or a Tutorial if you don't know how to.: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  3. Cant get out of Minecraft beta and I don't know how to leave.

in XboX Insiders
    Cant get out of Minecraft beta and I don't know how to leave.: I accidently deleted Minecraft a while ago on my account so I tried to reinstall it but it gave me the beta and I cant leave, I tried uninstalling, and when I unenroll from beta on Xbox insider...
  4. New account login screen.(Don't mind my profile picture)

in XboX Insiders
    New account login screen.(Don't mind my profile picture): [IMG] submitted by /u/iWantDeadxd [link] [comments]
  5. Did a Store update but still don't have the new Store

in XboX Insiders
    Did a Store update but still don't have the new Store: Just did had an update come up for the Store and I finished up but it still shows the same Store and not the new one. Anyone else experience this? submitted by /u/DareDiablo [link] [comments]
  6. My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please: My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please 555a6b07-355e-477e-94e9-a0e4dd08d22d
  7. I got 2 free xbox 360 games in both different languages...I don't know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got 2 free xbox 360 games in both different languages...I don't know why: Hello. So today, I turned on my Xbox One to install a game I wanted to play. Apperantly, I noticed I had 234 games owned when I should be having 231 games. I went to check and noticed 2 same...
  8. Can you keep digital games in their day 1 update and play them so long as you don't update...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you keep digital games in their day 1 update and play them so long as you don't update...: Would there be any way to download a digital game before a relevant update and continue to play in the nonupdated version so long as the user plays offline and does not update? For example lets...
  9. i don't trust the xbox apps in my computer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    i don't trust the xbox apps in my computer.: I want to get xbox out of my computer. I uninstalled xbox live but it will not let me dump xbox game bar. I went to settings and the only option was to click on highlighted terminate the...
  10. Don't trust the Thief reviews.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Don't trust the Thief reviews.: Heard around the wire that this game was getting some punches for being not good.....it's not...not good....not...wait. Anyway...it's a fun game. Just wanted to say that....