Doom texture pop on original Xbox One

Discus and support Doom texture pop on original Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I just bought Doom 2016 to play on my original Xbox One and the texture pop at the start of levels and during levels makes it so unappealing it's... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mikeyg3733, Jan 8, 2019.

1. mikeyg3733
    mikeyg3733 Guest

So I just bought Doom 2016 to play on my original Xbox One and the texture pop at the start of levels and during levels makes it so unappealing it's unplayable. Does anyone know if this issue exists on the Xbox One X enhanced version? I don't even need
    to play it in 4k, 1080p or 1440p is fine. I just want textures to be already loaded at the start of levels and remain that way even if I run up onto larger objects at a fast pace. There are plenty of fast paced games where this is not an issue. I cannot understand
    why Bethesda hasn't addressed this issue.

:)

mikeyg3733, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Doom 2016 uses ID Software's ID Tech 6 engine which is a considerable improvement over ID Tech 5 which could frequently suffer from little bits of texture pop in from time to time. This has been largely eliminated with ID Tech 6 - which also powers Wolfenstein
    II The New Colossus.

Texture pop in is caused by the hard drive unable to keep up with the game engine. There may be some heavy fragmentation of your hard drive slowing it down. Unfortunately there is no easy fix for this, but a reinstall may help. Also, try doing a full
    power cycle on your console.

Are you running the game from the internal hard drive or an external hard drive?
  3. Zero Jehuty Win User

Try to delete and reinstall it. I never recall having this issue.
  4. mikeyg3733 Win User

Hmmm. Are you playing at 720 or 1080? I haven't had a chance to try it in 720 yet.
  5. mikeyg3733 Win User

It's fully installed. Playing with a disc.
  6. Half Fish Half Win User

I don't recall anything that stood out but texture pop-in is not unheard of in the Id Tech engine. If there is distant texture pop in I would expect that to be relatively normal, particularly on older hardware.

If the performance ends up being consistently very problematic you may want to look into the temperature of your console and it's placement to make sure you're not experiencing any overheating issues.
Thema:

1. Doom texture pop on original Xbox One - Similar Threads - Doom texture pop

2. Who is excited for DOOM Eternal??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Who is excited for DOOM Eternal??: Btw Doom Eternal will Xbox One X Enhanced. 031fdcca-d5b4-41b4-9b99-7ad69c8a9492
  3. Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360: Hi everyone! Recently I bought a copy of the Xbox version of DooM 3 (not the BFG edition for the 360), and tried to play it on my X360E as it is officially backwards compatible. However, I am...
  4. Can't lunch doom after installed and error 0x87e1000a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't lunch doom after installed and error 0x87e1000a: I bought Doom, I installed the game. But the game is not in my bank game. On the store, it is written that "play" but when i lunch the game, a message error appear whit the code "0x87e1000a". I am...
  5. Doom 4k HDR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom 4k HDR: Hi guys! I've tried looking all over for an answer to this but haven't been able to find anything definitive. I just got Doom and have read that it got a 4k update for the X and don't see any...
  6. Achievements not Unlocking Doom

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not Unlocking Doom: I have been playing Doom and completed the first mission, created a snap map and various other achievements but none of them have unlocked. When I go to my achievements app to see the tracker...
  7. Doom 2016 multiplayer practice mode level up alert glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom 2016 multiplayer practice mode level up alert glitch: so I just recently leveled up in doom’s multiplayer, anyway in practice mode against bots whenever I score a kill the level up alert pops up anyone else had this problem?...
  8. Doom missing textures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom missing textures: Hi, guys, I have a problem with the Doom (2016). Yesterday I bought, downloaded it and when I started it I saw only black textures and red sprites.I hope that you shall help me! Thanks!...
  9. DOOM 3 BFG - Game got frozen in some point

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM 3 BFG - Game got frozen in some point: I was playing DOOM BFG on my XBOX ONE X, and the game got frozen in the 3rd floor of Communication Area (when you got out of the elevator and try to reach the door in the end of the corridor). No...
  10. Xbox one doom no character reveal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one doom no character reveal: I downloaded Doom for Xbox One last night. The game allowed me to start playing at 50% download. The campaign started but the main character was just a black silhouette. I let the rest of the game...