: Double NAT and UPnP Issues with Orbi System

Discus and support : Double NAT and UPnP Issues with Orbi System in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Double NAT and UPnP Issues with Orbi System (XBOX ONE) Hello N3CROMMAND3R, Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by N3CROMMAND3R, Jul 31, 2020.

1. N3CROMMAND3R
    N3CROMMAND3R Guest

: Double NAT and UPnP Issues with Orbi System (XBOX ONE)
    Hello N3CROMMAND3R,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One receiving a Double NAT type with your new router configuration. To troubleshoot this, please follow the steps on this article:

Double NAT detected in your network settings

I hope this helps.

:)

N3CROMMAND3R, Jul 31, 2020
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hello N3CROMMAND3R,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One receiving a Double NAT type with your new router configuration. To troubleshoot this, please follow the steps on this article:

Double NAT detected in your network settings

I hope this helps.
  3. SunzUpGunsUp2020 Win User

HELP PLEASE...!!! double nat issues

Hardwired the Xbox directly to the ATT "gateway" and it still shows strict NAT. I got the ports forwarded through my Orbi's setup and my xbox shows "Open nat" until i perform a nat test and it goes straight back to strict/double NAT. I have tried to go
    through the ATT's gaming/nat setup and forwarded the same ports as well with the same result. After resetting the Xbox it goes to open but if i perform any tests especially nat test... right back to strict/double. This happens both wireless and wired to
    either the Orbi, or the ATT paperweight =-(

To clarify a little on the gateway side as well... As far as i can tell its is bridged but then this ATT has so many settings inside of it who knows. I have shut down the ATT box's wifi bands totally and did the " IP Passthrough" in order to use my Orbi
    system as the primary routing setup for the house.
  4. taidara Win User

Hardwired the Xbox directly to the ATT "gateway" and it still shows strict NAT. I got the ports forwarded through my Orbi's setup and my xbox shows "Open nat" until i perform a nat test and it goes straight back to strict/double NAT. I have tried to go
    through the ATT's gaming/nat setup and forwarded the same ports as well with the same result. After resetting the Xbox it goes to open but if i perform any tests especially nat test... right back to strict/double. This happens both wireless and wired to
    either the Orbi, or the ATT paperweight =-(

To clarify a little on the gateway side as well... As far as i can tell its is bridged but then this ATT has so many settings inside of it who knows. I have shut down the ATT box's wifi bands totally and did the " IP Passthrough" in order to use my Orbi
    system as the primary routing setup for the house.
    Could you connect your PC/Mac directly to your AT&T and find out what IP your client get assigned.

On a Windows machine: Bring up the command prompt (cmd) and type "ipconfig" (without quotes).

On a Mac: Bring up terminal window and type "ifconfig" (...).

Post up the first two octets of your IPv4 address. For example, 192.168.xxx.xxx. Remember, only the first two octets.
  5. taidara Win User

ok so here we go .... after looking and looking I cannot find anything about my setup type having a double nat issue but I have watched a few and THINK.... AGAIN .... THINK!! i have a possible solution but wanted to confer with the expert minds.

Long story short: I have att internet and use their stupid [Mod removed- inappropriate] gateway thing that we "have to use". I have turned that modem into bridge mode to my netgear orbi mesh system for the house and my hardwired efficiency
    apartment out back. My xbox shows DOUBLE NAT. I looked at several videos and it shows to do the port fowarding/triggering which I can handle. My questions then becomes this:

IF i forward the ports through the orbi router.... they then have to travel through the ATT gateway which im assuming is the second part of the "double nat". So would I then have to login into the gateway and technically forward the actual orbi router IP
    through the ATT gateway? If logic serves me ( which it probably does not...) but then the Xbox would hit the orbi router, get fowarded/triggered correctly, then pass through using the routers IP to the gateway, which then if i do it correctly, the gateway
    should then forward the same ports/protocols out to the internet.

So I need to setup manual IP for xboxs, port forward said IPs through orbi, and then basically port forward Orbi through the gateway to the internet. If I am dead wrong please feel free to tell me but this is what I can come up with on my own.
    First of all: If you, correctly, configured your AT&T device into bridge mode, then there shouldn't be any source NAT policy involved on this device. You can easily confirm this by directly connect your PC/Mac to one of the bridged LAN ports on your AT&T
    device. Your client should obtain a public IP address (as long as your client is set to obtain IP information from a DHCP server). Please confirm this and we'll go from there.
  6. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Erro ao entrar na Game Pass. Nat Duplo e Estrtito

Hi There,

To fix the Double NAT issue you need to go to Network settings on your console then "Advanced Settings" then select Alternate MAC Address select "Clear", the Xbox should then restart. Once it has restarted please check to see that the double NAT has been
    removed. If the Strict NAT type remains you may need to enable UPNP on your router
Thema:

1. : Double NAT and UPnP Issues with Orbi System - Similar Threads - Double NAT UPnP

2. nat type strict and double nat type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    nat type strict and double nat type: nat type strict and double nat type all of a sudden while gaming my nat goes strict and i get double nat type i try watching videos and follow as they say but nothing works im starting to feel im...
  3. Double NAT on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT on Xbox One: I am currently trying to open up my NAT type, which is currently strict with a double NAT. I've called my ISP, and they've assigned my router a public IPv6, and so all traffic passing through it...
  4. RBK753S - Xbox One X Causes Router to Reboot, Double NAT Detected Without Two Routers

RBK753S - Xbox One X Causes Router to Reboot, Double NAT Detected Without Two Routers: RBK753S - Xbox One X Causes Router to Reboot, Double NAT Detected Without Two Routers Hello, I recently changed from the Orbi RBK53 to the Orbi RBK753S, and now I am having issues with my Xbox...
  5. Double NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT: Recently moved and now had to get HughesNet. My xbox one is showing it as moderate double nat. I only have the router that I bought from HughesNet and its a HT2000W. How can I get it back to being...
  6. Double Nat detected and strict type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Double Nat detected and strict type: Yeah so my console is an xbox one and a couple days ago my Nat type became strict and i got a double Nat detected. Ive tried a lot from watching videos to try and resolve this but nothing seems to...
  7. : recent double nat detected from update

: recent double nat detected from update: : recent double nat detected from update Hi Amy, You might be the victim of a technology called Carrier Grade NAT: its used by some providers to reduce the number of public IP addresses they need...
  8. : Xboxone, 100% Packet Loss and Double Nat Detected. Modem TP-Link Model: TD-W8961N

: Xboxone, 100% Packet Loss and Double Nat Detected. Modem TP-Link Model: TD-W8961N: : Xboxone, 100% Packet Loss and Double Nat Detected. Modem TP-Link Model: TD-W8961N You really should set up port forwarding as that will probably solve your problems. Otherwise, maybe your...
  9. Nat Type Strict, Double NAT/UPnP unsuccessful

in XBoX Accessibility
    Nat Type Strict, Double NAT/UPnP unsuccessful: Hello, I got a new ISP last week and since then I have had a strict NAT type on my Xbox One X. First thing I did was go into my router settings(TP-Link C5 AC12000) and make sure that UPnP was...
  10. Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL!: I'm so unbelievably annoyed with XBL and this awful connection issue I'm having. I have gone through the entire post located here:...