Download Keeps resetting to 0%

Discus and support Download Keeps resetting to 0% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, This morning I purchased Madden 15 for xbox360 on the marketplace for myself and the game started to download. However, at various points... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Squirrel Monsta, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Download Keeps resetting to 0%

Hello,

This morning I purchased Madden 15 for xbox360 on the marketplace for myself and the game started to download. However, at various points during the download, the file would restart at 0%. This has become increasingly frustrating see as how the game has
    been attempting to download for 7 hours. Can someone please assist me?

Thank you

:)

Squirrel Monsta, Dec 25, 2014
  2. bigvain31
    bigvain31 Guest
    Destiny - installation time ?!

This is ridiculous. It's taking forever and keeps resetting to 0%

bigvain31, Dec 25, 2014
  3. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Download always resetting to 0%

Hey there It5umi!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues downloading those two games. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

This looks and sounds like a region issue to me. Often times when downloads fail to complete like this, it's due to the Account Region not matching the Physical Region.
    Since you're living in Germany (and assuming you'll be in Germany for at least three months) I suggest migrating your account to Germany. That should resolve your region issues and let you download the games properly.

I'm not sure how long it's been since your last region migration, but once it's been three months after the last region migration, you'll be able to migrate again. Here's our support article on how to

change the region of your Xbox LIVE account
    , in case you need it. ^_^

Mister Cerb, Dec 25, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Does your account region match your actual region ?

Excluding us bases and territories which are based on the host country

ngocphi, Dec 25, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

Does your account region match your actual region ?

Excluding us bases and territories which are based on the host country
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey again It5umi!

The reason is that games have different restrictions on them than television shows/movies have. There's a lot of government/region specific restrictions that have to be obeyed, and the proper version of the game must be downloaded in the the proper region.

VPN's are not an approved method for bypassing region restraints, and often times do not work. It sounds like your best option is to wait the remaining two months then migrate your account region to the physical region that you're located in.

We always suggest having your account region match your physical region since that prevents issues like this from popping up.
  7. It5umi Win User

It's still nearly two months left until I can migrate again.

And I mean, even if I use a VPN to pretend to MS that I am indeed from the US, it just doesn't work. And then Physical(IP) and account-region perfectly match.

I don't want to wait for a full two months until I can play games again.. I really hope there is some way to go around all of this. I formatted my console again, and downloaded my profile via the US-VPN already, and now am downloading Dragon Age: Origins
    with said, US-based, VPN. If this doesn't work.. it can't be location based, right?

And another thing: Arcade games work perfectly fine, as well as apps restricted to US-citizens (Netflix, Hulu etc.) I can use them just as I could if I'd live in the US, so why does only, and I really mean that, only on-demand games not work?
  8. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there It5umi!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues downloading those two games. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

This looks and sounds like a region issue to me. Often times when downloads fail to complete like this, it's due to the Account Region not matching the Physical Region.
    Since you're living in Germany (and assuming you'll be in Germany for at least three months) I suggest migrating your account to Germany. That should resolve your region issues and let you download the games properly.

I'm not sure how long it's been since your last region migration, but once it's been three months after the last region migration, you'll be able to migrate again. Here's our support article on how to

change the region of your Xbox LIVE account
    , in case you need it. ^_^
  9. bigvain31 Win User

Destiny - installation time ?!

This is ridiculous. It's taking forever and keeps resetting to 0%
Thema:

1. Download Keeps resetting to 0% - Similar Threads - Download Keeps resetting

2. Downloads keep restarting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloads keep restarting: I am trying to install minecraft on my xbox one s but the download keeps restarting. To be more specific i usually leave my games to download over night but for some reason inwould have a percent...
  3. My digital download keeps crashing at %80 everytime

in XBoX on Consoles
    My digital download keeps crashing at %80 everytime: I bought a digital copy of a game and iv tried downloading over and over and only ever gets to %80 then restarts.all my other games and apps are downloading fine and its not a massive file or owt...
  4. My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!: Hello, all! I happen to own two XBOX 360 consoles (yes, I've never upgraded to the XBOX One or a PS4), one in my living room and the other in my bedroom. My fiancee expressed interest in running...
  5. Game keeps re-downloading at 80%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps re-downloading at 80%: Yesterday I bought Street Fighter 4 on my Xbox 360 . Since then whenever i tried to download it , it kept going to 79% and then back to 0%. Any way to resolve this issue? I have already tried...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 keeps downloading

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 keeps downloading: So, I was playing the game, the game crashed. I tried to open it but it didn't. So I went to settings and reset the game. Then I tried to open the game It did not open again. I opened the store...
  7. My Microsoft Store download keeps restarting itself

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft Store download keeps restarting itself: As stated in the title I'm trying to download Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC, I own it on Xbox and since it is a Xbox Play Anywhere game I decided to download it on PC. This game is nearly 100GB. I...
  8. Xbox 360 Downloads keep resetting after 70%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Downloads keep resetting after 70%: This has never happened to me before, but I've been trying to re-download a couple of games and everytime I do it resets itself. I've looked around for details now what to do to possibly fix it,...
  9. My games keep re-downloading everytime i transfer them across storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games keep re-downloading everytime i transfer them across storage: This issue has happened multiple times. I download the game on my external storage and it runs perfectly. And then i transfer the game to my internal storage Because its convenient. But then after...
  10. Reset my computer puzzles say download but keep shutting down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reset my computer puzzles say download but keep shutting down: Reset my computer puzzles say download but keep shutting down when I click on download. There are puzzles I bought and the free downloads. Help! 97627e10-b1e0-4e45-b594-4cfb0cdc1f4e