Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ...

Discus and support Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Short version: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads redirects to Accessories | Xbox One when click the link "Xbox 360 Wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zsigma, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Zsigma
    Zsigma Guest

Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ...

Short version:

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads

redirects to

Accessories | Xbox One

when click the link "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" as well
    as some other xbox driver links.

This makes you unable to download drivers for an xbox 360 wireless controller, thus being unable to use it.

I assume this is a mistake?

Either the xbox help pages or this need to be fixed

If anyone with a similar problem comes across this, I got it working. My workaround was guessing the url the download was on, and by mostly luck I found it.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows | Device downloads | Microsoft Accessories

Above url allows you to go directly to the download site. Even though I have a windows 10, downloading and installing the windows 7 version worked.

Longer version:

Ealier I was trying to get my xbox 360 controller to work for the first time. There were a disc with drivers included, but since my computer doesn't have an optical drive, I went to google and quickly found the following help article

Set Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Live

This article links to a software download in this section:

Following the instructions, when you click on the "xbox 360 wireless controller for windows" instead of being redirected to a download page, instead you are redirected to Accessories | Xbox One , which is mainly
    an ad page, but also has the following

These are seemingly links, however aside from the effect shown on "cables and networking", nothing happens when you click them.

Needless to say this provides no driver downloads.

I

:)

Zsigma, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Cannot register a Xbox 360 controller in order to make guarantee work.

Hello,

I would like to register my xbox 360 controller that I use on my pc to make the guarantee work because there a faulty connection at the base of the cable.

But when I try to register It (I have tried on different pages) it tell me the sn is invalid or to try again in few minutes (I believe it is because it's made to register the whole xbox 360 product).

Best regards

Sphinxus

LutinSquash1144, Oct 11, 2018
  3. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Xbox 360 Wireless controller slow down games on Windows 8 x64

Hey jhenao,

Just to double check, have you run the install of the controller for Windows 8 using the steps listed in our

Connect Xbox 360
    controller to PC article?

Are you able to try a different controller on your PC or try your controller on a console to see if it might just be an issue with the controller itself?

Please let us know and we'll go from there.

MisterFizzle, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Zsigma
    Zsigma Guest

I don't know why exactly, but the post left out the screenshots I included.

If anyone would like to know any additional details, let me know and I will try to provide them!

Zsigma, Oct 11, 2018
  5. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Zsigma,

Are you trying to find the drivers for the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver? If so, then the drivers are built in to Windows 10, and should install automatically when you plug the adapter into a USB port. If you are using an earlier version of windows, then
    the add new hardware wizard should start, and find the drivers.

PCs require the adapter in order to use a 360 controller, as the controller uses a custom wireless format.

There are instructions to set up the receiver and controller here: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

Good Luck!

Echo4Ent, Oct 11, 2018
  6. Zsigma
    Zsigma Guest
    I ended up getting it to work, this thread is just to report the bug with the download page redirecting you to something that isn't a download. (and to potentially help people in a similar situation.)

Zsigma, Oct 11, 2018
  7. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Excellent! I am glad you were able to figure it out. Happy Gaming!

Echo4Ent, Nov 5, 2018
  8. Zsigma Win User

Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers to a PC

I don't know why exactly, but the post left out the screenshots I included.

If anyone would like to know any additional details, let me know and I will try to provide them!
  9. Echo4Ent Win User

Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers to a PC

Zsigma,

Are you trying to find the drivers for the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver? If so, then the drivers are built in to Windows 10, and should install automatically when you plug the adapter into a USB port. If you are using an earlier version of windows, then
    the add new hardware wizard should start, and find the drivers.

PCs require the adapter in order to use a 360 controller, as the controller uses a custom wireless format.

There are instructions to set up the receiver and controller here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Good Luck!
  10. Zsigma Win User

I ended up getting it to work, this thread is just to report the bug with the download page redirecting you to something that isn't a download. (and to potentially help people in a similar situation.)
  11. Echo4Ent Win User

Excellent! I am glad you were able to figure it out. Happy Gaming!
  12. XBF Leslie D Win User

network download speed

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. In regards to your question on how to bump up your download speed on your Xbox 360. I would suggest to go over our following article:

'I need help with my Xbox 360 network connection'
    Once you're in this article choose the option
    "I Can connect, but I am experiencing connection quality issues." Next you'll choose the option 'I am experiencing slow performance' After this the article will guide you through a few steps to give you accurate possible solutions.

Also, being connected directly to the modem/router gives you a better download speed as being connected wireless can have interference and the signal may get weak which doesn't give you the best quality network/network speeds.

Hope this helps let us know.
Thema:

1. Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ... - Similar Threads - Download page redirects

2. Accès pages téléchargement jeux [Access pages Download games]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accès pages téléchargement jeux [Access pages Download games]: Bonjour, Depuis une semaine, je ne peux plus accéder aucune "fiche jeu" sur le store. Je sais me connecter au store normalement, je sais jouer en live mais lorsque je sélectionne un jeu sur le...
  3. I can't download games with gold X Box One games in the Microsoft store page

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download games with gold X Box One games in the Microsoft store page: Hi, as the subject says, I want to download X Box One games from the games with gold program. I don't own an X Box One, but I know you can download them online so it can be considered as...
  4. I have downloaded 2 free games but the quests page says i haven't

in XBoX Rewards
    I have downloaded 2 free games but the quests page says i haven't: After looking at my xbox quests progress it says i haven't downloaded two free games even though i definitely have. Will i get the fortnite reward still and the website is just giving out the...
  5. Games downloaded not with microsoft solitaire page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games downloaded not with microsoft solitaire page: I started playing about 7-8 years ago at my son's house up 4 streets away. Played on laptop off & on whilst travelling. Got to Western Australia. Got a new phone. Stupidly couldn't think of my...
  6. my sons downloaded games keep freezing and going back to home page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my sons downloaded games keep freezing and going back to home page: We've tried this but it doesn't work To solve this press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Settings. Select All Settings. Select System. Select Console info & updates there is a button to...
  7. Xbox game not downloading properly, yes I've already looked at xbox support page for it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game not downloading properly, yes I've already looked at xbox support page for it.: Today I got Witcher 3 and I was excited to play it. I inserted the disc, an update thing popped up I hit yes, etc and it started downloading. Then after awhile it froze and wouldn't, so I...
  8. page for downloadable content not found

in XBoX Games and Apps
    page for downloadable content not found: When i look for mass effect 3 dlc on the store i can only find one of them, 'from the ashes'. If i try to go to the page of any of the other dlcs it says page not found. I have already bought all...
  9. Xbox one troubles buy/download button on game pages gone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one troubles buy/download button on game pages gone?: Hello i've been having troubles with my Xbox one for a few days or so where im unable to buy or download games the game description page comes up with the screenshots and info but the button to...
  10. E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file.: E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file. Tried visiting the link"http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/osu1", but was told "ooops, what happened to this page?"...