Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be

Discus and support Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be Over the past ~6 months I have noticed that the download speeds on my Xbox One X (and previously my... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by RejectedNinja24, May 2, 2018.

1. Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be

Over the past ~6 months I have noticed that the download speeds on my Xbox One X (and previously my original Xbox One) have tanked. Let me give an example: From my ISP I get 300Mb/s down. On my PC, while downloading Forza 7 (btw an EXTREMELY broken game) I
    can average around 210Mb/s downloading from the Microsoft store. On Xbox, downloading the same game, I average only 60-80Mb/s. I'm not sure why as I have nothing restricting the throughput. Sadly this extreme lack in performance has been the case for months
    now and I'm wanting answers.

:)

RejectedNinja24, May 2, 2018
  2. Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be

Over the past ~6 months I have noticed that the download speeds on my Xbox One X (and previously my original Xbox One) have tanked. Let me give an example: From my ISP I get 300Mb/s down. On my PC, while downloading Forza 7 (btw an EXTREMELY broken game) I
    can average around 210Mb/s downloading from the Microsoft store. On Xbox, downloading the same game, I average only 60-80Mb/s. I'm not sure why as I have nothing restricting the throughput. Sadly this extreme lack in performance has been the case for months
    now and I'm wanting answers.

RejectedNinja24, May 2, 2018
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Download Speeds a fraction of what they should be

@Xemorph - Appreciate if you could post up the outcome from the speedtest.

[quote user="Xemorph"]But I want to do more tests with more servers to make sure.[/quote]If your only interest is to obtain the measured round-trip time as accurate as possible, in comparison with your console's round-trip time, then you have to figure out
    the server which your console test IP connectivity against (LIVE server).

[quote user="Xemorph"]Interesting that your downloads are the only thing affected as well.[/quote]I assume you're using wireless with your console?

May I ask if you experience any real-life connectivity issues with your console, that are affecting your overall experience?

taidara, May 2, 2018
  4. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

How many devices on ur home network? The more devices that used the same connection. The slow it gets.
  5. Xemorph Win User

Sorry for the extreme delay in response. This is interesting, every single server in seattle is about 2 Mbps with speedtest.net, where as local to me, I'm anywhere between 9-11 Mbps.

So, I'm guessing this is an ISP issue.
  6. taidara Win User

Greetings Xemorph!

From your computer, using the same connection type as you connect your console, visit speedtest and pingtest and run these tests a couple of times.
    take the average test results. Click 'Share this test' and copy paste the URL for us.

Before you go ahead and run these tests, by default, the test method select the best server based on ping, so make sure you change the location to a test server located in Seattle, WA (US).

When you test your console for basic IP connectivity, it doesn't select the best server based on ping, but against a server located in Seattle, WA.

Thank you!
  7. Xemorph Win User

I don't think that is the issue as I have tested a direct connection to my internet, thus zero other devices. No router involved.
  8. taidara Win User

@Xemorph - Appreciate if you could post up the outcome from the speedtest.

[quote user="Xemorph"]But I want to do more tests with more servers to make sure.[/quote]If your only interest is to obtain the measured round-trip time as accurate as possible, in comparison with your console's round-trip time, then you have to figure out
    the server which your console test IP connectivity against (LIVE server).

[quote user="Xemorph"]Interesting that your downloads are the only thing affected as well.[/quote]I assume you're using wireless with your console?

May I ask if you experience any real-life connectivity issues with your console, that are affecting your overall experience?
Thema:

1. Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be - Similar Threads - Download Speeds fraction

2. : Download speeds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Download speeds: : Download speeds Its not a constant stream... sometimes you get lower & other times it spikes. Its weird 6f56d0ca-5233-425e-acda-e240f9fa4e97
  3. Improvement of xbox download speeds?

in XboX Insiders
    Improvement of xbox download speeds?: I live in the uk and have a solid 400 down 20 up connection and my xbox one x barely saturates it when wired, i get 50 on a good day and just wondered if there was any way this could be adressed?...
  4. 极限竞速地平线4下载速度显示5m/s,实际速度很慢 [Translate] Extreme Race Horizon 4 download speed shows 5m/s,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    极限竞速地平线4下载速度显示5m/s,实际速度很慢 [Translate] Extreme Race Horizon 4 download speed shows 5m/s,...: 电信100兆宽带,dns也改过了,下载速度还是慢 [Translate by Mod] Telecommunications 100 mega-broadband, dns has also been changed, download speed is still slow 481cafb9-1aa9-42b8-a092-c05f48b78849
  5. Throttling download speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Throttling download speeds: I want to start off by saying that I've gone through multiple xbox's since the 360 days. I have the most recent Xbox one X and still have the issue with download speeds bottlenecked when...
  6. Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x: why are download speeds so slow on xbox? I have one gig connection hardwired with cat 6 ethernet cable and only get around 150 mbps at best. On ps4 pro and pc getting over 800 mbps on average. I...
  7. Download speed lower on Ethernet??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed lower on Ethernet??: Why would our download speed be much slower when connected direct to the router via ethernet cable (3 mbps) but it would rise to 60 mbps just by unplugging the ethernet and letting it switch to...
  8. Xbox (beta) app cuts in half download speed on 100 Mbps connection.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (beta) app cuts in half download speed on 100 Mbps connection.: I have 60 Mbps internet speed. When connected via 100 Mbps Ethernet the download speed is 3 MB/s, but when connected via 1 Gbps Ethernet the download speed is 6+ MB/s. However other apps such as...
  9. Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be: Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be Over the past ~6 months I have noticed that the download speeds on my Xbox One X (and previously my original Xbox One) have tanked. Let me give...
  10. Download Speeds a fraction of what they should be

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download Speeds a fraction of what they should be: On speedtest.net, using several servers I get this consistently: Ping: < 100ms (around 45 - 80) Download: 12 Mbps Upload: 2 Mbps I have been testing though out the day and across several...