Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed

Discus and support Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed So i have xfinity gaming package for my internet and im wired in with a cat 8 cable.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JoshuaZygadlo, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed

So i have xfinity gaming package for my internet and im wired in with a cat 8 cable. When trying to update a game for 2.67GB i only show downloading the update at 58MBps, when i have infact done a network speed and statistics test on my xbox and it says i usually get between 700-1000MBps why is it maxing out at like 50-70MBps?

:)

JoshuaZygadlo, Feb 4, 2021
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

download speed

If you use the internet for anything else like the PC etc while you downloading your speed on the console will be alot slower than your available speed from your ISP.
  3. Outpost-[xboxvenue] Win User

slow updates

4. AmuricanPatriot Win User

13 hours and only 57% completed on digital download

Hey, unfortunately, the speed from your ISP is often times higher than the download speed for downloading games on Xbox, and there's only so much you can do about it. When you download games it's very likely that the server from which the file is downloaded
    fluctuates and changes location, which would result in slower download speeds. Also, download speeds are in large part dependent on the speed of Microsoft's severs, and depending on how many people are downloading from their servers at once, the speed could
    be very slow due to the load on the server. Again, there's not much you can do aside from increasing the speed of your ISP.
  5. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Actual download speed versus network test shown speed

Have you tried restarting your router? I've had issues similar to this where a game will download at speeds a lot slower than normal, and a resetting of the router fixed the download speed.
  6. Stavking Win User

Slow internet speed

I tasted my speed just by serching on goggle, check internet speed, Did that on 2 website. The download speed could be a reflection on my latency dont it? When i played a year ago i got slower internet speed in my house but my xbox got the all the amount
    so i had better latency
Thema:

1. Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed - Similar Threads - Download speeds game

2. XBox One game download speed over 1000 times slower than my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One game download speed over 1000 times slower than my Series X: I was downloading Fortnite yesterday on my XBox One. It was trickling along at 50Kbps. My internet download speed is around 300Mbps. If I test my connection through the XBox One setting, it...
  3. Games in Quick Resume unfortunately STILL reduce download speed. Any info if only online...

in XboX Insiders
    Games in Quick Resume unfortunately STILL reduce download speed. Any info if only online...: Most recent Beta build installed. Was downloading Forza Horizon 2 with clearly that annoying limit applied to speed. Had a bunch of games in Quick Resume. Both online and offline titles. Started...
  4. Series X, bad download speeds if game is in quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Series X, bad download speeds if game is in quick resume: I understand why the Series X throttles download speeds while playing a game but speeds are throtteled even when you go to the dashboard if you have even one game on quick resume. The network...
  5. Game Pass horrendous download speed

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass horrendous download speed: Is anyone else experiencing horrendous download speeds at Xbox application for Windows 10? My download speed is 900Mbit/s in downspeed and 1Gbit/s in upspeed when I check with TP-test. On other...
  6. Can I set a download speed limitation for games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I set a download speed limitation for games?: I live in the mid-west in a very small town where internet speed is only 6MB/sec and it would be nice too limit things so they may install slowly overtime in the background while I can still...
  7. Locked download speed Xbox One Games downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked download speed Xbox One Games downloads: Hi all, I have an Xbox One S and I have been getting very slow download speeds. Currently downloading FIFA 21 and the download speed is fluctuating between 1003Kbps and 1.47 Mbps Also happens...
  8. Pc Game Pass application download speeds locked at 10MB/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Game Pass application download speeds locked at 10MB/S: Have the Game Pass application on my pc. I have a 1GB download connection. However, my Game Pass application locks at 10MB/S when downloading games or downloading any updates for games. Is this a...
  9. I have ridiculously low download speeds on game updates, and downloads on my Xbox One (In...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have ridiculously low download speeds on game updates, and downloads on my Xbox One (In...: I have tried wired and wireless internet, Both of which work on my computer, and other xbox at the normal speed of around 100 Mb per second so I can not see how it could be something wrong with my...
  10. extremely slow download speed on update of particular game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    extremely slow download speed on update of particular game: For the last year I've had fibre broadband averaging 30mb/s and I've had no problems with downloading on my Xbox One. I resumed a Fortnite update at 32% today that I started the other day, and now...