Download speeds from Xbox Store to NZ Xbox One X.

Discus and support Download speeds from Xbox Store to NZ Xbox One X. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Just wanting to gather some other users experiences with downloading games and content from the MS Store on the Xbox One X. I use Vodafone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimAlex1, Nov 26, 2020.

1. TimAlex1
    TimAlex1 Guest

Hi all,

Just wanting to gather some other users experiences with downloading games and content from the MS Store on the Xbox One X.

I use Vodafone for my ISP and have 1Gbps fibre connected. All local content I can saturate my connection downloading without issue. Content on CDN networks like Steam and Epic have also downloads at my line speed. I would assume Xbox store games are hosted
    on the local Akamai servers and that would also mean a good solid connection to. We won't get into the side of the story where my ISP should be caching this frequently downloaded content.

I see an average of 70Mb/s download speed. It can spike to 120Mb/s but it does very rarely. The below speedtest to LA was done with a current Xbox download in the background..

Download speeds from Xbox Store to NZ Xbox One X. [​IMG]

Download speeds from Xbox Store to NZ Xbox One X. [​IMG]

Anyhow, if people can share what they have observed then that would be good. I don't have any custom DNS settings or VPN's setup etc etc. All connected via Gigabit ethernet.

Thanks

:)

TimAlex1, Nov 26, 2020
  2. jemmas536 Win User

Is anyone else having problems with xbox one x console

I got 2 xbox one x with the same problem one is a year old and the other one a week old so to me if I get a new console it's only gunna happen again am in the UK I am a female lol not a he since last weeks servers problems i cant even download games from
    store as i dont buy disc i buy all game on store and now i cant even download it comes up with installation stopped and my internet is fine am on virgin media and i have checked my download speed and upload speed on the xbox my download speed is 400 and my
    upload speed is 38 so am getting well enough internet
  3. Paraffin Alien Win User

A HDR game list for Xbox One S?

An Xbox One S will not download the game enhancements for an Xbox One X.

As it clearly states in the store "Xbox One X Enhanced", not Xbox One S.
  4. smileskybird Win User

Why NZ and AU get their Xbox One at midnight the 22th and new caledonia isn't until the 27th if we are lucky ??

Because New Zealand and Australia are the main common-wealth countries in Australasia/PAL regions?

I got an email this afternoon when I got home from EB Games saying some stores in NZ will be open for midnight releases. Xbox One will launch 1st in NZ because NZ is ahead time wise with the rest of the world. NSW Australia is 2 hours behind NZ.
  5. smileskybird Win User

Slow internet equals sadness -_-

I remember once when my place use to have capped internet. We went over it once and our internet was slowed to dial up for the rest of the month. Jumped on Minecraft multiplayer Xbox 360 and the world map chunks were loading terribly slow. It was like playing
    with someone on the other side of the world who was host who had bad internet. Like when NZ and Australian's play COD BO2 zombies on Xbox 360 with UK/US people. Either group is going to be red barring. I then hear many remarks from NZ/Australian's in the lobby
    "k who's the host, why are they up past their bed time. We just got home from school or work. They seriously have to be online at like 2am in the morning?".

Stay away from ADSL. ADSL struggles in the Upload department (average 1mb/s upload speed if you're lucky). NZ ISP's say ADSL download speeds average 7-14mb/s download speed. Best to go with fibre or cable.

It's not rocket science though when NZ ISP's charge only a $10/month difference between 80GB and unlimited data, that most would go for the unlimited. It was pointed out in a NZ newspaper article that ISP's should charge more than a $10 difference. But it's
    the ISP's job to maintain their network and make sure it can handle it's customer numbers. In the newspaper article last year, it mentioned how those normally with 30mb/s download and 10mb/s upload speeds use to slow down to like 2mb/s download speeds and
    like 0.5mb/s upload speeds. It also mentioned that a lot of people over here were using Netflix since it only became available to Australasia since last year, and I suppose NZ ISP's weren't expecting so many people to go on Netflix. I read Vodafone NZ is already
    carrying out work to improve their networking for NZ customers. The NZ government is rolling out fibre internet but it won't be available everywhere until like 2022 or 2019 (it's only available to minimal parts of NZ, not even all suburban areas in the cities
    here have access to fibre. Vodafone NZ is like the only ISP which offers faster internet to more places.
  6. Travalore Win User

Slow Download Speed on Xbox One X

Could it be an issue on my internet provider's end specifically affecting my Xbox One X? As I have my classic Xbox One plugged in along side my Xbox One X and can see it still performing downloads at a significantly faster speed then my Xbox One X.
Thema:

1. Download speeds from Xbox Store to NZ Xbox One X. - Similar Threads - Download speeds Store

2. download speed for xbox app (pc) and microsoft store is terrible

in XBoX on Windows
    download speed for xbox app (pc) and microsoft store is terrible: I've been having this problem only on Microsoft related applications only. My internet connections is just fine. The only game Im trying to download is ARK. Nothing is running, the xbox live...
  3. Slow download speed on microsoft store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Slow download speed on microsoft store.: I literally tried every damn thing they said, powershell command uninstalling antivirus software cmd commands BITS wsreset Still no change, I'm trying to download forza horizon 4 and it...
  4. Slow download speeds on windows store

in XBoX Accessibility
    Slow download speeds on windows store: I literally tried every damn thing they said, powershell command uninstalling antivirus software cmd commands BITS wsreset Still no change, I'm trying to download forza horizon 4 and it...
  5. Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello, I am experiencing extremely slow download speeds when downloading a game from the games with gold collection. A speed test and other sources allow me to download at 20mbps, but I am only...
  6. Game download speeds are teriable in xbox Beta/Microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Game download speeds are teriable in xbox Beta/Microsoft store: Hi, Trying to download gears tactics what is 30gb. In other game clients this would download in about 15 to 20 minutes if that, with my connection what is around 220mb/s. On the Xbox beta and...
  7. 마이크로소프트 스토어 다운로드 속도가 너무 느립니다.. [Translate] Microsoft Store download speeds are too slow.

in XBoX on Windows
    마이크로소프트 스토어 다운로드 속도가 너무 느립니다.. [Translate] Microsoft Store download speeds are too slow.: 100Mbps 를 넘지를 못합니다.. 다른 사이트들은 문 없이 릿 릿 되는데 스 어만 이러네요.. 인터넷 문 는 아닌듯 합니다. 도대체 뭐가 문 인거 ? [img] [Translate by Mod] It cannot exceed 100Mbps. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. It's not a...
  8. slow download speeds in ms store

in XBoX on Windows
    slow download speeds in ms store: Hi i've recently bought forza horizon 4 and after downloading it for about a day it started going a lot much slower (from 9mbps to 3) I've already tried enabling the background download's speed...
  9. Microsoft store: displayed download speed is false

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store: displayed download speed is false: The store says the download speed is 16 Mbps but the download speed only gets 10 Mbps every 8 seconds, so around 1.125 Mbps per second. much different to what it tells me. also i can't find a...
  10. Slow download speeds Xbox Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds Xbox Store: Hi, I've got a PC and an XBOX One connected to the same network - even the same switch. When downloading from Store, the XBOX can't really get past around 28 mbit/sec. If I download from the...