downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360

Discus and support downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded crash bandicoot xbox original game on my xbox 360 it won't start and keep getting a message to download again which i've done 3 times and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by worc3st3r sauc3, Aug 30, 2019.

1. downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360

I downloaded crash bandicoot xbox original game on my xbox 360 it won't start and keep getting a message to download again which i've done 3 times and it still won't work can anyone help

:)

worc3st3r sauc3, Aug 30, 2019
  2. RaringRope2 Win User

BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY UPGRADES R MISSING

As long as your console is up to date, you're using a an official MS hard drive, and you're signed into Live when you start original Xbox games, then there is nothing else you need to download. That game is not backwards compatible so it won't work on the
    360. There is nothing you can download to make it work.
    So if I understand you correctly there is no way possible at all to play this game on Xbox live? I understand that the game will not work on an Xbox 360, because it's not an Xbox 360 game. But, is there a way possible to play the game on an original Xbox,
    and play that on Xbox live?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

4. UnshapedSteak94 Win User

Any updates yet Xbox on when the download stopping at 80% issue will be fixed

No sorry mate, thanks for the reply but that vid there isn't the issue i'm talking about. Be easier if you just look at this thread because this is the exact thing i'm talking about and explains it to a t.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...will-not/daba48a4-56e3-41e0-a85f-678022e194c4

That video won't work because i can't fully download the game i want to play to begin with. Every time it gets to exactly 80% downloaded, it then stops and an error message comes up saying "Unable to download this game" The problem is, as it says in the thread,
    confusion because how they made digital copies of Original Xbox games available to play on the Xbox One was by re-branding them as Xbox 360 games (that’s why if you go on a 360 now and search for an Xbox Originals game, it’ll actually come up with 2
    results – one that says it’s an Xbox Originals game and another which says that it’s an Xbox 360 game)

You can only buy and download the one that says it’s an Xbox 360 game though and that’s where the problem is coming from… as it’s downloading on the 360 it’s getting mixed signals of being both an Original Xbox game and an Xbox
    360 game.
  5. Gary Killer15 Win User

Original Xbox game working on Xbox 360?

We've been going through some "old" original Xbox games, but none of them will play on the 360. Just loved MVP 2005, but no go. Also, really liked playing "Slug Fest 2006" (baseball) with my old man, but it won't work either.

Sometimes info will show up to see if there is a download or upgrade from original Xbox to Xbox 360 (www.xbox.com/games), but I can't seem to make that site work. Anyway, the games I've tried don't appear on the "compatible" list.......
  6. HassanB Win User

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Not working

When you get "please try downloading again" when you have the actual disc version of the game it means that you do not have a legitimate XBOX 360 original hard drive. Aftermarket or knock off hard drives do not have the ability to play original XBOX games
    on the XBOX 360 console.

If you purchased this off of a 3rd party retailer or something like eBay or Amazon Marketplace more than likely if you paid a very cheap price for it you got a knock off and it won't be able to play original XBOX games but it will be able to play XBOX 360 games
    and arcade titles.
Thema:

1. downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360 - Similar Threads - downloaded original game

2. Original Xbox game fails to download to Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game fails to download to Xbox 360: Hi there, When attempting to download Pirates! from Xbox Live to my Xbox 360 earlier today, the download would terminate at 80% completion and I would receive the message ‘can’t download...
  3. Downloaded Xbox original game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Xbox original game: Hey i bought starwars battlefront off the xbox store for my 360 and every time i go to play it [img] This pops up and ive already down loaded it again like 7 times i even uninstalled and...
  4. Xbox store downloads trial Overwatch Origins instead of full game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox store downloads trial Overwatch Origins instead of full game.: How do I get my Xbox to download Overwatch origins full game instead of the trial? I cannot play the standard game and because I downloaded the trial the store says ready to install instead of...
  5. [Xbox 360] - Latest Original Xbox games will not download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Xbox 360] - Latest Original Xbox games will not download.: Just a heads up, the latest batch of original Xbox games are available to purchase but will not download to Xbox 360. The download corrupts near the end. This is usually due to the download being...
  6. copy of downloaded game smaller than the original downloaded game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    copy of downloaded game smaller than the original downloaded game.: hello all. so i have bought and downloaded "Far Cry New Dawn". and i have playied it to the end. then i copied it to an external harddrive. as i was to delete the original download from my...
  7. How can I download the Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that comes with the gold every month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I download the Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that comes with the gold every month?: I tried to download this month free 360 game (the Lara Croft one) trough the Xbox One store but there was no option, only "see the price". Then I went on the Xbox website but there I could only...
  8. Original Xbox Battle Front II Market Place Dowloaded Game File: Xbox 360 failed to download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Battle Front II Market Place Dowloaded Game File: Xbox 360 failed to download: Bought this game from Microsofts marketplace a few days ago on my Xbox 360. I have communicated to at least 5 support staff. They have had me factory reset the device. Delete OS update reinstall...
  9. New downloaded original Xbox games not launching on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New downloaded original Xbox games not launching on Xbox 360: I recently purchased a number of the newly backwards compatible original Xbox games - specifically Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Republic Commando, Sid Meier's Pirates and Star Wars Knights...
  10. Xbox original avatars is downloading and is disabling me from accessing most of my games and ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox original avatars is downloading and is disabling me from accessing most of my games and ...: my xbox is Downloading xbox original avatars and is disabling most of my games and apps and is making me unable to invite poaple to parties or start a party or join one. I don't know how this...