Downloading a gifted game

Discus and support Downloading a gifted game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I gifted a game to my friend and she redeemed the code but is unable to find it or download it on her computer, neither in the xbox store or in xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cole_T, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Cole_T
    Cole_T Guest

I gifted a game to my friend and she redeemed the code but is unable to find it or download it on her computer, neither in the xbox store or in xbox console companion.

For context she just made the account and used the code in her browser.

:)

Cole_T, Jul 8, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Cole_T

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

For you verify that the code was redeemed correctly on her account, your best bet would be to visit your

Order history
    on her account and you will be able to verify the code that was redeemed on their account.

You will also see a link that will take you to where you can either download on your PC or download remotely onto a console.

Alternatively, you can visit
    My games
    on the Xbox website to see what games you are currently entitled to.

Give this a shot and let us know if you can see your games in either of these!
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Cole

Since the purchase was made on your end, you would have to go through
    requesting a refund
    while you are signed into your account.

This in-turn will remove the license from their end, and allow you to make the purchase for the correct title.

Take in mind that there is certain criteria you that will play a role in determining if you do receive the refund, such as any previous refunds made on your account.

I would recommend taking a look at the
    Microsoft Terms of Sale
    , specifically number 16, and it details the return policy.

I hope this was of some use to you.
  4. Cole_T Win User

Okay so turns out a did an oopsie and bought it for Xbox one instead of windows 10. so new question, is there anyway I can refund it or she can refund it if the code has already been activated?
  5. I Sh00t Back x Win User

Cannot claim free 360 game with gold

A valid cc or PayPal helps with downloading the free 360 games. Or even a gift card with a 1 cent balance
  6. Smwutches Win User

gifting games?

You can't gift a game directly through Xbox. You would need to buy them either a disc or a download code for the game.
Thema:

1. Downloading a gifted game - Similar Threads - Downloading gifted game

2. Purchased digital download as a gift and it auto downloaded immediately

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased digital download as a gift and it auto downloaded immediately: Bloody annoyed with Microsoft. I just signed in to my account to purchase CoD Black ops 4 as a gift for my son for Christmas. Only given the choice to purchase so I hit buy and expected to receive...
  3. Bought 2 £10 gift cards one from a shop another downloaded from game none work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought 2 £10 gift cards one from a shop another downloaded from game none work: error message from the gift card is MB/Jj7TzYEepUl1.1.1.6.9 2018/08/09 - 18:55:51 UTC can’t download the Xbox hub app either the Xbox was purchased 7/8/18. The scratch off isn’t damaged also same...
  4. Cannot download code received as a gift from friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download code received as a gift from friend.: My friend purchased for me an individual zombies map for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. I cannot redeem it online or on the store itself on Xbox - for the latter, doing so provides no error message...
  5. Bought a game for someone as a gift and they still haven't received the download code.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game for someone as a gift and they still haven't received the download code.: I bought my boyfriend Ark: Aberration as a gift on the Xbox app on my phone over 24 hours ago. The order went through and they charged me but when I go to view the order status it still says...
  6. Purchased gift game won't download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased gift game won't download: So I purchased a digital version of Rocket League as a gift from the xbox store on my console, but haven't been able to download it cause it keeps saying not in the same region and I haven't been...
  7. How do I download a gifted game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I download a gifted game: My birthday just recently passed, and as a gift, my girlfriend bought me the new Call of Duty: WW2. She at first didnt know if she ordered a physical copy, or bought a digital download. Upon...
  8. how can i download games with microsoft points? (microsoft money gift)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i download games with microsoft points? (microsoft money gift): i have 10 eur on my xbox one, how can i buy for e. Titanfall, what is 7,50 eur? when i try to buy the console ask me where am i from... thanks the answers! 8c5ff8ba-7749-470a-a69b-6076083b2297
  9. Use $60 Microsoft Gift Promo Code to download Xbox One Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use $60 Microsoft Gift Promo Code to download Xbox One Game: Hey, I just received my $60 Microsoft code for my Fallout 4/Xbox One bundle. I would like to use it to download Battlefront. Is it possible to do this? The code that they gave me is only 9...
  10. My friend isn't able to download the gift

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend isn't able to download the gift: Hi Xbox So I sent my friend a gift and he is unable to download itt Do u know wats going on From f6f13368-aa90-49d0-be3d-376ac82906d2