Downloading and updating games.

Discus and support Downloading and updating games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a series X, and every-time that i have gone to update a game or install a new game, my download speed starts at 50Mbps, and then drops down to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Y0ur_p4r3nts, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Y0ur_p4r3nts
    Y0ur_p4r3nts Guest

I have a series X, and every-time that i have gone to update a game or install a new game, my download speed starts at 50Mbps, and then drops down to 2-5Mbps if not down to a couple hundred Kbps.

I have gone through all the trouble shooting steps that i can find in community help but none of them have seemed to fix the issue.

I am at the point where I am uninstalling games and reinstalling incase there is some corrupt data causing an issue but as you can guess that is taking a lifetime.

Is there something that i am missing or should i be looking at getting it replaced by microsoft?

Everytime i have run a speed test on the console on both a wired and wireless connection i am getting 53 down 16 up

i thought it could be an issue with my external hard drive so i removed that and that did not affect the outcome at all.

PLEASE HELP IM ABOUT TO BREAK THIS THING.

:)

Y0ur_p4r3nts, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

Game won’t download fully

download game without update if you complete download and install game, download update.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Downloading game updates and downloading games

Sorry to hear it. Please try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down to see if that helps.
  4. User 9242019 Win User

how do I install the Powerstar update?

The update, as all updates do, will install automatically when the game is loaded. If you recently downloaded the game the download already contains the update. The original download was approximately 3.2 GB, the current download is 3.88 GB.
  5. maxen Win User

Game update not downloading

You seem to be mixing up the terms installing and downloading, so I'm a little confused here.

If you're installing from disc, try disconnecting the console from your home network and try again to install it.

If, however, you are downloading you will of course need to be connected to the Internet for that to work...

If you are downloading, it sounds like it's possible your connection is a little on the slow side, in which case you just need to be patient and let it download fully. You should not be constantly cancelling and re-trying the downloads, or turning off and
    on the console.

However, do try a complete power cycle before any of the steps above, to see if that helps you out at all.

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console
  6. MB5656 Win User

Game Update Will Not Download

ok how about this:

Reset XBOX 360 Failed System Updates

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button.

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

or

Reset XBOX 360 All Installed Game Updates

Go to the "system" blade

Select "memory"

Press Y on the HD symbol

Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X

A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

also if there is not a lot of space on your HDD you might not be able to download it because of the HDD

Select Yes
Thema:

1. Downloading and updating games. - Similar Threads - Downloading updating games

2. Disable auto updates for games downloaded from Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Disable auto updates for games downloaded from Game Pass for PC: Xbox app don't have permission to start when windows start and auto update is closed in Microsoft store but still even though i didn't open the app xbox app auto updates games in background...
  3. Xbox App for PC redownloads full game after i try to download an update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App for PC redownloads full game after i try to download an update.: Greetings, im a gamepass for PC user, i download all my games In my D: disc not C: where the OS is. The other day i downloaded Trópico 6 without a problem but today the game needed an update. I...
  4. Game Pass PC, not downloading updates - happens every month or so!!! What causes this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass PC, not downloading updates - happens every month or so!!! What causes this: Game pass PC does not download updates, I have to uninstall gaming services, uninstall game pass app, in many different orders, to see what works. Sometimes this can take a whole day, sometimes...
  5. My series S console won't queue games to install, I can only download game updates.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series S console won't queue games to install, I can only download game updates.: Can't get games to install, when I press install nothing happens. 3837e591-a27d-4cf0-971d-8bae5962f710
  6. My Xbox app on the pc will not download or update and games content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app on the pc will not download or update and games content: To start off I have and excess of storage space my region is set to the UK i am signed in and im currently up to date on my subscription. When attemping to download the app cites Erorr 0x00000001...
  7. So, when did they update things so I'm able to download and install games w/o purchase?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So, when did they update things so I'm able to download and install games w/o purchase?: Because this is an amazing timesaver. wondering if it's applied to every title listed, or just select first party (it's all I've tried and right now gears is taking its sweet time installing...
  8. Unable to download/update GamePass games since Windows 11 rollback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download/update GamePass games since Windows 11 rollback: After upgrading and quickly rolling back from Windows 11 I can no longer download or update games I have owned in the past if they live on Drive D:. I keep getting Error 0x800701b1 for anything on...
  9. Series X Guide/UI lag when downloading/updating games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Guide/UI lag when downloading/updating games: Since the system last update launched, every time I update or download games all of the games in the guide disappear. The UI then lags, making it so I can’t view the download queue, and can’t...
  10. Can something be done about games downloading and updateing to 2-3 different hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Can something be done about games downloading and updateing to 2-3 different hard drives?: It seems with the new xbox series x/s the game wants to update and download on 2 seperate hard drives instead of just staying on one particular drive wich is makeing my mom and myself alittle...