Downloading games via Xbox consoles.

Discus and support Downloading games via Xbox consoles. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Well I certainly hope that this post does not get deleted. I recently had to unsubscribe from Xbox Live Gold, much to my daughter and son's dismay,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PapaSed, Feb 19, 2014.

1. PapaSed
    PapaSed Guest

Well I certainly hope that this post does not get deleted. I recently had to unsubscribe from Xbox Live Gold, much to my daughter and son's dismay, after learning that my ISP (AT&T) as well as Charter, Comcast, and all the other major internet service providers
    have data caps that can be easily exceeded by downloading games and such from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Not to mention watching videos "On Demand" with the use of applications like Netflix. The major ISP's are all starting to enforce these data caps, some
    with outrageous fees for exceeding it, just to pad their pockets. It cost ABSOLUTELY nothing more to use 1000GB of data as it is to only use 1GB of data per month. As I have stated, I intend to make a stand against this new unfair business practice (probably
    targeted at parents mostly that enjoy treating their children to the latest and greatest) by cancelling all my data heavy services such as Netflix and XBox Live Gold. I encourage others to stand with me and 1, 237 others by signing this petition online at:
    Signez la pétition PLEASE DO ONT DELETE THIS POST AGAIN!!! That is a violation of my 1st amendment rights and a violation of the XBOX Live
    usage policy!!!

:)

PapaSed, Feb 19, 2014
  2. its doing the same thing!

If your purchasing via the computer, try downloading it via the xbox 360 console, you shouldnt have any errors then.

A British Guy, Feb 19, 2014
  3. For Honor

You can download this via the game demo's in xbox store now

Synax_Injector, Feb 19, 2014
  4. Downloading games via Xbox consoles.

I hate to point this out but deleting your post does not violate your 1st amendment rights as this is a private venue.

That said, I'll chime in before this is deleted and say this: I think data caps are total bullcrap as well. First cell service providers started doing it and got away with it and so, now, ISP's are trying the same. Thankfully my ISP has not made this leap
    in my area, YET. I am with you completely but, again, this is not the proper soap box. So don't be upset when it is deleted. And try to avoid reposting as that will likely result in a suspension from the forums or some other measure.

Vyx-[xboxvenue], Feb 25, 2014
  5. Vyx-[xboxvenue] Win User

I hate to point this out but deleting your post does not violate your 1st amendment rights as this is a private venue.

That said, I'll chime in before this is deleted and say this: I think data caps are total bullcrap as well. First cell service providers started doing it and got away with it and so, now, ISP's are trying the same. Thankfully my ISP has not made this leap
    in my area, YET. I am with you completely but, again, this is not the proper soap box. So don't be upset when it is deleted. And try to avoid reposting as that will likely result in a suspension from the forums or some other measure.
  6. WPAK Win User

Download on PC then transfer?!

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's only possible to download your games via a Xbox 360 console, it can not be downloaded via any other type of device.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Can't Download Assassin's Creed Rouge Xbox One Gold

I had to come here to xbox.com to download this as there was no option to do so on my xbox one.

Usually have no problems downloading the free xbox 360 games via my console.

And then the only way to find it was via the list of backwards compatible games.
  8. WPAK Win User

Halo 5 patch updates

Hi there,

I'm afraid you will require the Xbox One console to download the update for a Xbox One game, the update can't be downloaded via PC or other device.
  9. CrazY1985 Win User

xbox live

There is an Xbox app for Android and IOS.

Download that app, login with your gamertag and "buy" the free games with gold via the store in that app.

Next time you turn on your console, those games will be downloaded on to your console.
Thema:

1. Downloading games via Xbox consoles. - Similar Threads - Downloading games via

2. Downloading some games via Xbox beta app results in error.

in XBoX on Windows
    Downloading some games via Xbox beta app results in error.: So as the title says, downloading some games (mostly big ones, like 30+ gigs), results in an error as soon as download process starts. Error code is 0x803bf107. The problem goes away if I select...
  3. Unable to download Halo Wars Definitive Edition (PC) via Xbox Game Pass for PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download Halo Wars Definitive Edition (PC) via Xbox Game Pass for PC.: I cannot download Halo Wars: Definitive Edition (PC), which I have access to through Xbox Game Pass for PC. I receive error code 0x803f8001, but the support page for this error code only gives...
  4. i cant download almost any games via game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant download almost any games via game pass: I have a problem with installing some games on my laptop via Microsoft / Xbox live I recently bought a game pass and i waned to try some games but abzu / ori / human fall flat did not work at al...
  5. Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am living in a student accommodation and we have a monthly internet data limit of 70 GB and it is already hard to get on with it without huge Game Downloads....
  6. How can I claim Games wtih Gold games I already downloaded via Game pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I claim Games wtih Gold games I already downloaded via Game pass?: I already installed Metal Gear Solid 5 via Game Pass. It is currently only "installed", not "owned". If I want to "own" it, via Games with Gold, I have to pay $19.99. I can get other games via...
  7. Runtime Error, no access to xbox360 games via download on xbox1, anyone else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Runtime Error, no access to xbox360 games via download on xbox1, anyone else?: This is an issue that I have been having for over a month now. In the past i have had absolutely 0 issues downoading reverse compatible 360. now anytime i attempt to do so i simply get a runtime...
  8. Are games that I've downloaded to my Xbox via my Xbox Game Pass subscription, but have not ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games that I've downloaded to my Xbox via my Xbox Game Pass subscription, but have not ...: I have an Xbox One S and a PC running Windows 10, and their operating systems and apps are up-to-date, with all available updates as of today's date installed. I'm currently using my Xbox Game...
  9. Why Can't I download 360 games via backward compatibility ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I download 360 games via backward compatibility ?: Hello, I've always had a problem with downloading Xbox 360 games from the games with gold area. It always says "Sorry, we cannot make this purchase from Xbox.com, please make this transaction on...
  10. How can I claim Games wtih Gold games I already downloaded via Game pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I claim Games wtih Gold games I already downloaded via Game pass?: I already installed Metal Gear Solid 5 via Game Pass. It is currently only "installed", not "owned". If I want to "own" it, via Games with Gold, I have to pay $19.99. I can get other games via...