Downloads Restarting at 79-80%

Discus and support Downloads Restarting at 79-80% in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having the common issue of my game downloads restarting at 79-80%. I have tried all the posted solutions from deleting all the caches to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GabrielIonica, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM.

1. Downloads Restarting at 79-80%

I am having the common issue of my game downloads restarting at 79-80%. I have tried all the posted solutions from deleting all the caches to downloading demos and then trying the game download again with no avail.

Yes, my console's region is the same as my account's.

I've noticed that smaller games around 1GB download fine but anything larger doesn't.

Has a solution for this been found yet?

:)

GabrielIonica, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM
  2. brooks 9338 Win User

This problem has been happening for a week and no real solution nor proper explanation has been made. I own about 200 360 games and can't access them.I have been a customer for over ten years. This is shameful microsoft
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there GabrielIonica,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to get your download to complete so that you can play it as intended. I can totally see how this could be pretty distressing. What console are you experiencing this problem through?

I ask because depending on whether it's a 360 or an One, the steps would be different.

If you are having problems on a One, follow the steps outlined in our support page Troubleshoot
    game or app installation problems on Xbox One
    and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  4. GabrielIonica Win User

Good to know I'm not alone at least
  5. BenMottram Win User

XBOX 360 DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS

+++ IMPORTANT UPDATE +++

I may have found a way to overcome the problem (at least for me it worked).

I stopped and resumed many times the download after it reached 79% but before it came back 0% in order to prevent it from restarting. And magically it moved to 80% and rapidly to the end!

I hope the same method would apply to you as well!
    Wow thanks for the advice i must try this, so to be clear, stop it at 79%. Then restart?
  6. BenMottram Win User

XBOX 360 DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS

+++ IMPORTANT UPDATE +++

I may have found a way to overcome the problem (at least for me it worked).

I stopped and resumed many times the download after it reached 79% but before it came back 0% in order to prevent it from restarting. And magically it moved to 80% and rapidly to the end!

I hope the same method would apply to you as well!
    Wow thanks for the advice i must try this, so to be clear, stop it at 79%. Then restart?
Thema:

1. Downloads Restarting at 79-80% - Similar Threads - Downloads Restarting 80%

2. Mi descarga se reinicia en xbox 360 al 80% [Mod Translation - My download restarts on xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mi descarga se reinicia en xbox 360 al 80% [Mod Translation - My download restarts on xbox...: Hola. Tengo el Xbox 360 y hace dias descargué el Crackdown que viene gratis. Intenté bajar también el 2 y el juego Too Human, pero llegan a 79% u 80% y se reinicia la descarga. Y tenía pensando...
  3. Download restarts at 80%... (xbox360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download restarts at 80%... (xbox360): I recently purchased a game from the marketplace but every time I try to download the game it will either restart at 80% or will save as an incomplete file. I have tried deleting and downloading...
  4. Xbox 360 Game download restarts at 80%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Game download restarts at 80%: I am trying to download Fallout 3 to my xbox 360, I own the game and downloaded it before years ago. I have also downloaded it before to my xbox one. I have checked my region and locale settings,...
  5. Game download reaches 80%, restarts itself, looping and never finishing download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game download reaches 80%, restarts itself, looping and never finishing download: Yesterday I bought Lego Star Wars from the Marketplace directly on the XBox 360 and have not been able to download it yet It stops always at exactly 80% and resets itself, as soon as it reaches...
  6. Halo 3 and Reach Download Restarts at 80% in Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 3 and Reach Download Restarts at 80% in Xbox 360: I am trying to download and install Halo 3 and Reach. The download reaches 80% then it either restarts from 0% (it leaves an incomplete file which is the size of the game)or it stops and leaves a...
  7. Xbox 360 Download gets to 80 percent and then restarts with no error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Download gets to 80 percent and then restarts with no error message: I’ve tried the clear cache and the marketplace stuff but non of them worked I haven’t changed regions 73224720-ed3d-4fc5-8b0e-88bf2e350b5e
  8. The download goes 80% and restarts at 0%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The download goes 80% and restarts at 0%: ENGLISH Help me try to download bo2..but when the download goes at 80% it restarts at 0% again if someone knows this error..please tell me, thanks ESPAÑOL Ayudenme intento descargar bo2..pero...
  9. Download the game restart 80%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download the game restart 80%: i want download fifa 14 on xbox 360, the profile its my friend live in france and i live in italy, when the download come to 80% restart to 0 why ?? and how download the game?...
  10. game downloads to 80% then restarts the installation from scratch

in XBoX on Consoles
    game downloads to 80% then restarts the installation from scratch: so as its says in the title the game installs to 80% then just restarts from 0% doesnt close or anything just jumps all the way back to 0 and when i look in the system files theres a...