Dragon Quest Builders 2 Game Pass

Discus and support Dragon Quest Builders 2 Game Pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This may not be exclusive to DQB2, but I can't select the correct monitor resolution in the game unless I turn my system scaling down to 100%.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DJKeens, May 6, 2021.

1. DJKeens
    DJKeens Guest

This may not be exclusive to DQB2, but I can't select the correct monitor resolution in the game unless I turn my system scaling down to 100%. Otherwise, it caps at 1600x900.

The reason I'm posting here is that I believe it's an issue that can be fixed by overriding the DPI scaling in properties however since this is a Game Pass game, I do not have access to those files and therefore cannot enable the override. Someone else suggested editing the config file for the game in the documents folder but any changes there are reverted as soon as I start the game (plus the values there are not actual resolutions but single digits so no idea what they represent). As it stands, I have to change system scaling every time I want to play this.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this?

:)

DJKeens, May 6, 2021
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

add the game to steam launcher using uwp hook and then you can use launch options to override, i have had to do it to some gamepass games due to their limited features.

not sure if it will work with this game

command is similar to this:

-screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080

obviously edit the number to your preferred res
  3. Shaggy2000 Win User

Tech support

I'd get a Switch anyway, its a great console. I spent ten hours over the weekend playing Dragon Quest Builders, and it was only a demo :eek:
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

DQ Builders 2

I don't think so. As far as I know, none of the Dragon Quest games or spin-offs have appeared on Xbox, Xbox 360, or Xbox One, so I wouldn't hold your breath. It would be cool, and I don't think there is any reason why it couldn't, as I don't
    think it was published or supported by Sony or Nintendo, but historically it doesn't look like it will. I would recommend checking out the Switch which has Dragon Quest Builders 2 and other games in that vein you might also enjoy.
  5. Saeleth Win User

All night gaming? What's your go to game/ snack for all-nighters?

Right now? My go-to lose track of time game is Dragon Quest Builders 2 (I realize it isn't on Xbox but it didn't specify it needed to be haha). As for snack? I learned my lesson long ago not to do late night eating, so for me at most a few crackers
    with some water lol, I'm boring I know lol
  6. InCaudaVenenum Win User

State of decay 2 its a great game youre opinion count

OP, how much of the game have you played? I'm on my third playthrough with my Trader Hero..Sheriff and Builder had some fun quest lines. I think I'm gonna pass on the independence pack...you?
Thema:

1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 Game Pass - Similar Threads - Dragon Quest Builders

2. Dragon Quest XI Black Screen with Gamertag on Startup

in XBoX on Windows
    Dragon Quest XI Black Screen with Gamertag on Startup: Played Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition the past couple nights on game pass with no problem. Woke up this morning, and the loading screen lasted longer than usual, then an error "Unknown...
  3. Glitch in DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition game !!

in XBoX on Windows
    Glitch in DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition game !!: I have completed the whole story but some achievements related to story missions didn't unlock ....Please look into it. c1a16119-67b2-4f4c-86bf-4aefd93eaaee
  4. when I try to start Dragon Quest 11 on game pass, I cannot get in the game.

in XBoX on Windows
    when I try to start Dragon Quest 11 on game pass, I cannot get in the game.: whenever I try to start Dragon Quest 11 on game pass, I cannot get in the game. I just stuck in a almost debug like manu that says "MapJumpMenu" with a blue "clear Preload" on the left. I tried to...
  5. Dragon Quest XI S unkown error and no save files

in XBoX on Windows
    Dragon Quest XI S unkown error and no save files: I was playing Dragon quest on pc through Xbox Game Pass the other day, got to where we need to save veronicas sister from some monsters, and I save the game in a near by town. When I tried...
  6. ドラゴンクエスト11s [Translated: Dragon Quest 11s]

in XBoX on Mobile
    ドラゴンクエスト11s [Translated: Dragon Quest 11s]: ㍶のドラゴンクエスト11s行うとセーブが未知エラーとでてできません また初めから行ってセーブするとセーブができません Moderator Translated from Japanese Pc Dragon Quest 11s can not save with unknown error Also, if you go from the beginning and save,...
  7. Dragon Quest 11 - Unable to Save

in XBoX on Windows
    Dragon Quest 11 - Unable to Save: Can someone help me? I am trying to play Dragon Quest 11 on PC (via gamepass) and the game will not save. Pop up "corrupted save file" and even at the church, unable to save. I am have tried...
  8. Dragon Quest XI "Unknown Error"

in XBoX on Windows
    Dragon Quest XI "Unknown Error": I am currently playing Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age through Game Pass Ultimate on my Windows 10 PC. I have been playing since last week up through last night with no issues. I tried...
  9. Dragon Quest 11 on game pass will not play on PC only cloud.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Quest 11 on game pass will not play on PC only cloud.: Been playing a little bit of this game every day for the past month and it has transferred data just fine across PC and Cloud until last update. According to the feedback I am not the only one...
  10. Cloud saves not working on PC after using iPad Beta in Dragon Quest IX

in XboX Insiders
    Cloud saves not working on PC after using iPad Beta in Dragon Quest IX: I decided to test Dragon Quest IX on my iPad last night after I was invited to the beta. I went to load the game on my PC this morning and am receiving a message saying, "an unknown error...