Drive being detected but can't install any games on it.

Discus and support Drive being detected but can't install any games on it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using Xbox app on windows for a few years now and i have never had this problem before. A week ago i was able to install on my C drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrPurple7, Dec 19, 2021.

1. MrPurple7
    MrPurple7 Guest

I have been using Xbox app on windows for a few years now and i have never had this problem before.

A week ago i was able to install on my C drive freely and i also had the option to change folder.

Few days ago i installed a game on my C drive and then played it that very night.

I woke up the following morning and i tried to play the game again and i got a message but no error code of any kind. It said something along the lines of " game not found " and " storage device might be missing or disconnected "

My C drive is working fine it has my windows and other games on it.

I tried to Uninstall / Reinstall

I'm not sure if there is anything else i need to share to attempt to resolve this.

Thank you.

In Settings / General it is detecting my 3 main drives including the C drive where i would like to install games and a system reserved folder ( F ).
    Drive being detected but can't install any games on it. [​IMG]

This image below shows that I am able to change folder which is normal. This change folder also option also appears for D and F drive.

My C drive has no change folder option.

When I click " Install " on any game in the game pass section, This shows up with no (CDrive being detected but can't install any games on it. :) drive.

:)

MrPurple7, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Default_570 Win User

Xbox games are a nuisance for moving them around, Steam on the other hand can move games in bulk to another disk.
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

All games and data lost

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out. First we want to make sure the hard drive is being

detected
    and we want to check how much space is being taken up. If you can see a good chunk of that space being used but still can't see any games or apps, the data may have become corrupted. At this point the best option would be to format the hard drive,
    but this will be a last resort as it would for you guys to redownload everything.
  4. mdonovan31 Win User

HDD not displaying installed games

It wasn't and isn't that the storage isn't being detected. It's that it recognizes the hard drive is plugged in, tells me it's at 100% capacity, and shows no games. It tells me that I have 250 games ready to install even though it can identify the hard drive.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Glitched hard drives

6. Robificastor Win User

Hard drive detected but no games show?

Sorry should have explained the hard drive has games as it was used on my old xbox. It recognises its installed and detected but doesnt show any of the games.
Thema:

1. Drive being detected but can't install any games on it. - Similar Threads - Drive being detected

2. Hard drive not being detected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive not being detected: The hard drive that I want games to be installed won't show up when I click on install on the store page. In my settings the hard drive is there and selected as the default location to install new...
  3. External hard drive not being detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not being detected: My dog unplugged the usb cord from my hard drive and now my xbox wont detect the hard drive. The hard drive is a seagate 8tb 45120cbf-f8db-46b6-89d3-7ecadf825683
  4. WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of...: Hello fellow gamers, I recently purchased a WD Ultra 3TB hard drive to view my video files on my xbox one x media player. It was working at first, until it randomly stopped being detected few...
  5. External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected: Hello This going to be quite a long post so apologises in advance Hope that anyone reading this is having a good day. So I have a bit of a situation with my seagate external hard drive. I was...
  6. External hard drive is not being detected

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive is not being detected: my seagate 4 tb hard drive isnt working and i have hard reset my console and unplugged it and replugged it in and it wont work 10e97246-18e5-48a4-acf0-5be8cbaa9978
  7. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...
  8. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...
  9. External Hard Drive not being detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive not being detected: I have a Seagate 3TB Expansion Desktop Drive it has been working perfectly fine until recently. My Xbox will not detect the device at all so I did a hard reset, unplugged it and plugged it in to...
  10. USB Flash Drive not being Detected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Flash Drive not being Detected?: I'm trying to get my Xbox One to access a USB Flash Drive so that I can play background music. This should be simple, but the Xbox refuses to recognize it. It's formatted to NTFS, so why won't it...