Driving me over the Edge

Discus and support Driving me over the Edge in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; OK, Let's try again. This is attempt number four, to get satisfaction, even though i feel like MS has already given me a good 'feeling'. First off,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ReverendBeel, Jul 27, 2019.

1. ReverendBeel
    ReverendBeel Guest

Driving me over the Edge

OK, Let's try again. This is attempt number four, to get satisfaction, even though i feel like MS has already given me a good 'feeling'.

First off, lemme disclose something. i am a visually impaired hemmorhagic stroke survivor, who, statistically speaking, has a 24% chance of being around to play GTA VI. i have to use a 60" 4k tv, positioned a metre away, as a monitor. Gotta magnify the
    browser ~300%, as well. Didn't mention this, before, 'cause i didn't think that it was relevant, but after getting no good response from MS (threads deleted) i'm playin' the sympathy card, 'cause i 'literally' ain't got time for that
    [Mod Removed - Profanity]!

What recourse do i have, when ads cover content? The floating ones are especially frustrating! Get 2 or more jumping around at once, and you have a challenge. If you manage to hit the 'x', without Edge redirecting you, you are rewarded with another ad.

Why does Edge keep jumping around, and randomly reloading?

Why does Edge keep freezing?

Why does Edge give the option to open new tabs, when that often, and i do mean OFTEN, precipitates a crash.

Already jumped through all yer hoops, up to a soft reset, to no avail.

Admit it MS, Edge is an unuseable sop...now look wot ya done, ya made me dyslexic!

:)

ReverendBeel, Jul 27, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Driving me over the Edge

Hey there ReverendBeel,

As this is a support forum, if you would like to pursue legal action, or discuss legal action, then we will not be able to assist further. For more information, please visit our
    Legal
    and Corporate Affairs
    page.

At this time we'll be locking this thread since all applicable information has already been kindly provided by our Ambassadors and XBF team and to prevent needless repetition.

Thanks for coming to the forums and have a great day!
  3. AridLizard Win User

Driving me over the Edge

your best option would be to get an adaptor cable that would let you connect a laptop or PC to your 60" TV for browsing the internet.

that would also allow you access to more accessibility options.
  4. ReverendBeel Win User

Driving me over the Edge

Hello Reverend,

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove these ads. They pay to put these in and from your history is dependent on the ads you get. We are sorry this causes a lot of issues for you. You can always go to the

insider reddit forum
    click on the Xbox requests and submit an idea to remove them. Most likely though they will stay as this helps other businesses also.

Thanks,

Brad
    i call Shenanigans; Unfortunately, I paid MS for a machine that was touted as having a functional browser. We are i am sorry
    this causes a lot of issues for you. Reddit ain't gonna cut it.

Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, here i come...tbc
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

Driving me over the Edge

The console is definitely not the optimal choice for using a browser, you don't have access to a myriad of extensions to improve the surfing experience.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Driving me over the Edge

Hello Reverend,

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove these ads. They pay to put these in and from your history is dependent on the ads you get. We are sorry this causes a lot of issues for you. You can always go to the

insider reddit forum
    click on the Xbox requests and submit an idea to remove them. Most likely though they will stay as this helps other businesses also.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Driving me over the Edge

1. Driving me over the Edge - Similar Threads - Driving Edge

2. Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive: Hi, I just replaced my old 360 with a slim. It was wearing out and had no wifi anyway. I transferred my files from old hard drive onto thumb drive. Plugged it into new 360. Everything was there....
  3. Captures sitting on 0% when there queued for upload to one drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Captures sitting on 0% when there queued for upload to one drive: ive tried to upload my captures to one deive and there just sitting on 0% like what do i do...ive trued to hard reset my xbox and everything...pls help 0f42f430-8f7b-4029-9a38-ca3186620027
  4. Xbox one disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one disk drive: Hi ever since the xbox one update on 10/12/2019 my xbox disk drive isn't reading any disk I put in. Though I found a way to temporarily fix it's really annoying to do everytime I want to play a...
  5. Gears 5 won't install to hard drive (D)

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 won't install to hard drive (D): Hi there. After completing Gears 5 on Xbox One, I wanted to give it a try on PC. I am subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, so the download is available for me. When I try to download via the...
  6. Got Games Recovered From Bad Hard Drive Cannot Figure Out How to Get XBOX to Read Recovered...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got Games Recovered From Bad Hard Drive Cannot Figure Out How to Get XBOX to Read Recovered...: I recently had my external hard drive go bad so I could not install any new games. The company acknowledged this and was able to recover my files from the hard drive and transfer them to a new...
  7. Xbox, videos, and the hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox, videos, and the hard drive: Hello, I was wondering if I could set my Xbox One S to save game clips to my in-console hard drive, specifically in the videos folder. I was browsing through my clips today, and all my clips...
  8. Choosing drive from portable device

in XboX Insiders
    Choosing drive from portable device: I think it would be a great feature to be able to choose the drive a game will be downloaded on on the device itself or at least beforehand and make sure you tell us where it'll be downloaded on...
  9. USB 3.0 flash drives disconnects my Xbox from the Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB 3.0 flash drives disconnects my Xbox from the Internet: Hi, I had very strange issue with my Xbox One S. Generally console runs fine, but when I plug into front panel any USB 3.0 flash drive, and I restart or turn on console (with connected USB stick)...
  10. Xbox Update and External Hard drive problen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Update and External Hard drive problen: Hello everyone, a few days ago, I ran across a problem which I believe started with the Update on Oct 10. It began when "Events (Beta)" had stopped and failed to install, I did a number of...